Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Is there a particular song by Madonna that made you cry?"

You must love me
    Last edited by johnofarc; Sun March 31, 2019, 17:00.
    i saw a ray of light, Madame X saved my life

Comment

• Well, I almost shed a tear every time I watch Evita during Lament and final part of Waltz for Eva and Che if that counts
      When we lose what we love
      Don't think anything will ever taste the same
      When we lose what we love
      Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Originally posted by johnofarc View Post
        "Is there a particular song by Madonna that made you cry?"

You must love me
        Good choice, also Lament. But maybe because I am an argentinian and Evita touch a certain nerve for me.

Promise To Try is heartbreaking. I love that song but I must be in a specific mood to check it. Many songs in Like a Prayer album are really touching: Til Death Do Us Part, Oh Father.
        CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
        FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• So I added the “Like A Prayer 30 yr anniversary edition” album to my Apple Music Library (finally) but then AppleMusic gets confused and only 5 of the tracks appear - as the others are present in the original Like A Prayer album, which obviously I have in my library as well. Anyone else having the same issue? I hate it that Apple does that..
          “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Isn't the label who usually pays for videos?
            "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
              Isn't the label who usually pays for videos?
              Well it’s usually part of the advance to create the album etc. But she’s loaded, which is why we never really understood the crappy videos
              Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

• As frugal as she is, she would rather not have a video than to spend her own money
                "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

As frugal as she is, she would rather not have a video than to spend her own money
                  We know

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
                    So I added the “Like A Prayer 30 yr anniversary edition” album to my Apple Music Library (finally) but then AppleMusic gets confused and only 5 of the tracks appear - as the others are present in the original Like A Prayer album, which obviously I have in my library as well. Anyone else having the same issue? I hate it that Apple does that..
                    That's one of the reasons I prefer Spotify.
                    My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

As frugal as she is, she would rather not have a video than to spend her own money
                      Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                      We know
                      Absolutely!
                      Everyone knows she would rather have a Z List video than to spend a single dollar from her own pocket.
                      I love her for that if I'm being honest.
                      Others can disagree all they want

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                        Absolutely!
                        Everyone knows she would rather have a Z List video than to spend a single dollar from her own pocket.
                        I love her for that if I'm being honest.
                        Others can disagree all they want
                        I mean I get it, but I don’t love her for it because just imagine what we could have had if she really believed in her art enough to spend her own money on it

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                          I mean I get it, but I don’t love her for it because just imagine what we could have had if she really believed in her art enough to spend her own money on it
                          I think she believes SO much in her art that she thibks it's absurd that she's not getting the money she needs to present it the way she intended.
                          Like "ok,the world will not get this masterpiece i had in my mind... Poor them "

Comment

• We're finally in April. Hope it'll be a good month for us and provide us some info on new album. The wait is both great and unbearable.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                              We're finally in April. Hope it'll be a good month for us and provide us some info on new album. The wait is both great and unbearable.
                              Sorry to burst your bubble but we might not hear until May - Eurovision isn’t until 18th May and I guess the single will need to be out around then... so we might not get any info at all until the start of May. Especially if the album isn’t due until June.

In terms of a Eurovision performance, JT was confirmed only a few days beforehand.

Comment

Is art really about money? I don't think so. Even some of her best videos weren't very expensive. The creativity is more important than money, especially today when it's much cheaper to make a good video than in the 90s or 00s. Solange has amazing videos, and all of them are probably very cheap, while some artists pay a lot for very poor, artistically worthless, results.
                                Gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bojan View Post
                                  Is art really about money? I don't think so. Even some of her best videos weren't very expensive. The creativity is more important than money, especially today when it's much cheaper to make a good video than in the 90s or 00s. Solange has amazing videos, and all of them are probably very cheap, while some artists pay a lot for very poor, artistically worthless, results.
                                  This is Madonna though - you try telling her the creativity is more important. I dare ya

Comment

• Edit

Comment

This is Madonna though - you try telling her the creativity is more important. I dare ya
                                      ? I don't think you're right there. Otherwise she would've been happy with releasing albums similar to LAV and TB and never tap into LAP, Erotics, BS, ROL, Music, AL, COADF series of albums.
                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• I hope she'll be a guest judge on RuPaul's Drag Race.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• She's a business woman and is after profits, spending lots of her own money to get little back in return would not make sense.

Comment

I hope she'll be a guest judge on RuPaul's Drag Race.
                                            I wish she did it when the show was at its heyday. Now I don't care. I actually wouldn't like her to do it.
                                            I have received many gifts from God,
                                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Looks like Eurovision performance is confirmed

https://www.lavanguardia.com/televis...ara-final.html
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Looks like Eurovision performance is confirmed

https://www.lavanguardia.com/televis...ara-final.html
                                                So she‘ll be singing 2 songs

Comment

• God I hope we get 2 new songs.

Comment

• If the album will be released in June, we should have the presale two months before, right?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X