Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
    Drowned Madonna says the single is out this month and the album in June.
    Does this rollout makes sense?
    Nope - sounds like how she was doing it 2 decades ago. My guess is there’s 2 singles before the album drops and they’ll use the time to build up album preorders.
    Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Tbh,i really don't know what would work

Comment

• Could be worse... she could announce the album today and confirm it isn’t out until November (like Celine just did)
        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Well, Madonna said in early 2018 that the album was going to be released soon... A year and half ago!
          "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• I don't think a tour is happening any time soon...

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
              Nope, the Miles Away video was a Celebration exclusive, along with the new version of the GT video. Maybe it was played afterwards, but the video wasn’t out there pre-Celebration.
              Dude, I'm telling you like it was. When MA was a single, the video played on music channels in Europe and quite a lot! Not after Celebration, because when Celebration came out then the song Celebration was on hot rotation. You may or may not choose to believe it to be a fact (just like with the AL video), but you saying it was a Celebration exclusive is just wrong.
              I have received many gifts from God,
              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Well, this video was uploaded on Dailymotion by a fan on the 9th of November 2008, one year before CLB and when the MA single was released.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9j479
                "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post
                  Well, this video was uploaded on Dailymotion by a fan on the 9th of November 2008, one year before CLB and when the MA single was released.

Yes. The live Miles Away video was also played here in Brazil back in late 2008 although it didn't get as much attention as her previous ones.

Comment

• I really hope new single comes this month.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                      I really hope new single comes this month.
                      Eurovision is in a month and a half ...... so yes.... new single is coming soon

Comment

I don't think that makes sense.
                        Why would she be teasing about something that already is available?
                        I must be related to music! It's the only thing that makes sense!
                        Well everyone keeps using the word teasing. MDNA X MOSCHINO came out on April 1 and she posted an X on her Instagram. It's too coincidental I think. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Comment

• Nope, it has nothing to do with MDNA Skin products. Everyone around her knows something's cooking. Even Ariana commented on that, she wouldn't do that for an MDNA Skin product.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Well, this video was uploaded on Dailymotion by a fan on the 9th of November 2008, one year before CLB and when the MA single was released.

If i remember correctly that music video leaked but was not officially released. I think they ended up not releasing it. Also I believe it has different scenes from the Celebration version.

Edit: http://www.madonnatribe.com/decade/2008/miles-away-2/

You can see here that on November 21st 2008 MT said they still hadnt released the video which would mean that video on dailymotion did leak.
                            Last edited by Angeman; Thu April 4, 2019, 12:36.

Comment

• Definitly No Video For Miles Away
                              BY MT2008 · NOVEMBER 24, 2008

Warner Music NL has just told us that there will definitely be NO video for the third single from the album Hard Candy, Miles Away
                              Promo video for ”Miles Away” at Virgin in Paris
                              BY MT2009 · MAY 9, 2009

M-Tribe Community member Yanns was shopping at the Virgin Megastore shop at the Carrousel du Louvre in Paris when a promo video for Madonna’s “Miles Away” was aired on the video screens.

“The video consists in a mix of professional footage of the Sticky & Sweet performance of “Miles Away” and backstage/behind the scenes clips filmed in black and white.

The audio used for the video seemed to be the radio edit of the song and it was not a live audio recording.

The clip was used as a promotion for Hard Candy. Considering the editing of the video, I assume this is a real promo video from Warner, Live Nation or whoever owns the rights to these images.”

As you remember, sources at Warner Music Netherlands mentioned a similar video to be released to promote the “Miles Away” single, but this never materialized… so far.

I mean, I don’t make things up guys
                              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

I mean, I don’t make things up guys
                                And I tell you music chanels played it in Europe (and a lot, it wasn't "I think I've seen it" moment, but I definitely catched it quite a couple of times). They obviously had it and didn't care about it being pulled or whatever. I don't make things up either.

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                                  Well everyone keeps using the word teasing. MDNA X MOSCHINO came out on April 1 and she posted an X on her Instagram. It's too coincidental I think. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
                                  The X means versus or and, it's not a brand. It's used on many collaborations between brands.
                                  If you look at the merch from MDNA and Moschino there's no X on anything... I hope you're wrong...

Comment

The X means versus or and, it's not a brand. It's used on many collaborations between brands.
                                    If you look at the merch from MDNA and Moschino there's no X on anything... I hope you're wrong...
                                    https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/mado...ino-collection Vogue used X

https://www.mdnaskin.us/products/mdn...ady-essentials it also says X on mdnaskin site

Comment

• I personally don't think this X is MDNA Skin related, but I'd be amused as hell if it ends up as a promo for it. I love when she ****s with her "fans".

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                        And I tell you music chanels played it in Europe (and a lot, it wasn't "I think I've seen it" moment, but I definitely catched it quite a couple of times). They obviously had it and didn't care about it being pulled or whatever. I don't make things up either.
                                        Madonna Tribe was the biggest, most reliable fan site from 2004 - 2012. There’s no way they didn’t know it had leaked or was being played on TV stations around the world (as per the May 2009 article I quoted above). I was a moderate there for a number of years too and as I said, there was no video released for Miles Away.

Even on UKMix the single thread has zero mention of the music video coming out in 2008 and everyone calling it criminal there wasn’t one. If it was being played anywhere in the world we would have known, like we did with AL in 2003.

Are you sure you aren’t mixing what you saw with one of promo performances from 2008? They were basically the same performance.
                                        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

So I finally got to a desktop and you’re wrong - this video was uploaded 9th June 2009, the result of an accidental Warner leak.

There was no official video released in 2008 and the 2009 leak aside, the video was a Celebration exclusive.
                                          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Even on UKMix the single thread has zero mention of the music video coming out in 2008 and everyone calling it criminal there wasn’t one. If it was being played anywhere in the world we would have known, like we did with AL in 2003.

Are you sure you aren’t mixing what you saw with one of promo performances from 2008? They were basically the same performance.
                                            Well it took a while for people here to accept that the original AL video was playing in Europe, so

As far as the EXACT version of MA video that played - no I'm not 100% sure, there was some video that played, but whether it was the live performance or the one that was released on Celebration or what, I can't say for sure. But the reason MA charted (relatively) well in Europe back then despite no actual push or promo is the fact it got played a lot on music channels which made it visible.

Comment

• All serious Madonna stans knew AL video was broadcast back then (if you were part of the online community). This was pre-youtube so we had to file share

I remember getting a copy and German hosts introduce introducing it. Part of the reason we were up in arms over it is because we could see there wasn’t actually anything that bad about it, and was replaced with utter trash.

Nevermind. At least it looks like she’s filmed 2 or 3 videos now for us. I’m so desperate for something new
                                              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I give up on trying to guess what X means. Gonna wait and see.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                  I give up on trying to guess what X means. Gonna wait and see.
                                                  It means 10 days and probably something else. Her next post (not story) will be the album cover, just watch
                                                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

It means 10 days and probably something else. Her next post (not story) will be the album cover, just watch
                                                    I doubt it's a countdown as she posted X two days later in her Insta story. Unless that's a start of another countdown.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X