Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
    Love,Radiohead (which by the way I LOVE),Arctic Monkeys are big mainstream artists?? In 2019??
    Note,I didn't say theyre not worldwide famous. Those are 2 different things.
    I stand by what I said:mainstream worldwide acts using Facebook as their prime promotional tool on social media - I don't see it. Not in 2019 !
    By the way,this discussion is completely useless now lol.
    There are several articles on the internet talking about how much FB id fading into irrelevancy.
    Just check there.
    I'm having hard time figuring out what you're actually arguing and what makes an artist mainstream for you? Because all I've mentioned sell albums without need for bundles, get nice peaks on charts, have sold out tours in arenas and stadiums... Does it get more mainstream than that?
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Let's move on [MENTION=28072]beredy[/MENTION] sweetie.
      In the previous page,I posted an article talking about Radiohead strategy for their last album,and no,Facebook was not their most used social media for that.
      Actually,I remember like it was today how everyone was cazy when their Twitter 'disappeared' .
      I feel like you guys are disagreeing only for the sake of it ,honestly.

Comment

• Let’s play nicely guys.

New music is due
        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
          Do you know that Radiohead's 2016's album "A Moon Shaped Pool" outsold Madonna's "Rebel Heart" right?
          And sooo????

Comment

• Please goddess, bring us new music asap!
            These endless discussions about nothing are getting ridiculous
            "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Mainstream = current
              Worldwide famous = current, legend, etc
              I don't see what the difficulty is understanding [MENTION=42733]BodyShop[/MENTION] post

Comment

• You know, LAP’s 30th didn’t seem to get half the press ROL’s 20th did.
                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Let's move on @beredy sweetie.
                  In the previous page,I posted an article talking about Radiohead strategy for their last album,and no,Facebook was not their most used social media for that.
                  Actually,I remember like it was today how everyone was cazy when their Twitter 'disappeared' .
                  I feel like you guys are disagreeing only for the sake of it ,honestly.
                  You're cherry picking facts. Once Burn the Witch was released all of their social media was restarted. And the Facebook was the main tool for tour dates, album special release etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                    Mainstream = current
                    Worldwide famous = current, legend, etc
                    I don't see what the difficulty is understanding [MENTION=42733]BodyShop[/MENTION] post
                    Radiohead, NIN, Arctic all fit those criteria. So yes, I'm still having trouble understanding his posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                      Please goddess, bring us new music asap!
                      These endless discussions about nothing are getting ridiculous
                      Yes babe!! I 100% agree.
                      It amazes me how someone who used to be a master of marketing has completely lost her touch tho.
                      It baffles me,honestly.
                      At the same time it makes me mad at her because she refuses to acknowledge that in this day and age she simply doesn't know how to market herself and keeps doing these useless ,amateurish strategies.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                        You're cherry picking facts. Once Burn the Witch was released all of their social media was restarted. And the Facebook was the main tool for tour dates, album special release etc.
                        I'm not cherry-picking anything.
                        My point sinve the very beginning was FB being used as the main tool to create hype or simply being the main promotional tool to release something new.
                        Radiohead didn't do that. They used all their social media .
                        What's hard to understand about that?
                        Again,it's like you're disagreeing only for the sake of it.

Comment

Yeah Facebook played a key part in their campaign.

Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                          It amazes me how someone who used to be a master of marketing has completely lost her touch tho.
                          Maybe it just means that the ones who were great at marketing were Warner and not really her.
                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Yeah Facebook played a key part in their campaign.

But was Facebook the main tool? Was the campaingn developed using them as the main tool?
                            Jeez,please.
                            I digress.

Comment

Maybe it just means that the ones who were great at marketing were Warner and not really her.
                              Everyone that follows Madonna's career knows that collaborators have always praised her marketing skills.
                              But there's no doubt about the role Warner played.
                              I'm sorry for bringing Anitta here again.
                              But ,she's from Warner and last friday,she released her first full album in 4 years.
                              One week earlier,she shared an IG story showing her meeting with her Warner team and the stratwgy she was developing with them.
                              A five year meeting where they had10 strategies:INE FOR EACH SONG ON THE ALBUM.
                              So,yes,having a professional team backing her up makes a huge difference!
                              It's more than clear to me now.

Comment

But was Facebook the main tool? Was the campaingn developed using them as the main tool
                                As there is no tool to measure, I can only say that my perception was that they used Facebook the most. And that was quite visible as I follow them everywhere. Just like I can see Troye Sivan, Janelle Monae, Grimes being very active on Twitter and doing most promo there. On the other hand when there is something Bey wants to share her choice is Instagram.

There's not a single social media site that's preferred by mainstream artists. I don't know why you're so intent on disregarding that different artists have different approach based on their fan base/location/genre/etc.
                                Last edited by beredy; Mon April 8, 2019, 14:39.

Comment

• She's an artist, she brings her ideas to the table and another team does the marketing. That was before she became a free agent.
                                  Now she does the artistry and her own marketing.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                    You know, LAP’s 30th didn’t seem to get half the press ROL’s 20th did.
                                    I don't know about that.
                                    There were plenty of articles dissecting Like A Prayer too...

Comment

• LAP and ROL are both great legacy albums for her career.
                                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Thank u !!!

Comment

Radiohead, NIN, Arctic all fit those criteria. So yes, I'm still having trouble understanding his posts.
                                          at least in America, all of these acts are pretty current

Comment

• Looks like instead of exciting, the exes are now frustrating us impatient Madonna fans

Btw, did she give up toy boys? It's been very long since we've seen one beside her.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                              at least in America, all of these acts are pretty current
                                              Mainstream means artists that get played on Pop / Top 40 radio. None of the artists/bands mentioned fit that criteria. They are famous and popular but Mainstream? Nope.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                Looks like instead of exciting, the exes are now frustrating us impatient Madonna fans

Btw, did she give up toy boys? It's been very long since we've seen one beside her.
                                                she doesn't need one

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                  Mainstream means artists that get played on Pop / Top 40 radio. None of the artists/bands mentioned fit that criteria. They are famous and popular but Mainstream? Nope.
                                                  your criteria of what's popular or mainstream is quite dated, did you know that?

Comment

• OMG
                                                    @Andilversen
                                                    I cackled

Comment

Working...
                                                    X