Clear All

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    This will be a major flop in US.
    Someone will bite the dust.

#21 and #122 in the US

More than 1000 copies sold so far

Comment

• From Billboard
      A serendiptious meeting backstage at the VMAs last year has born some sensual fruit for Madonna and Maluma. The pop superstar and the Colombian singer released their single, "Medellin," on Wednesday (April 17) after teasing it a day earlier with a picturein which Madonna sported an elaborate wedding dress and glittery eyepatch while seated behind the "Clandestino" singer, who wore regal red.

READ MOREMadonna and Maluma Unveil Single Art Cover For Upcoming Collab 'Medellin'

The mid-tempo Spanglish pop track opens with Madonna doing a countdown and singing coquettishly, "I took a pill and had a dream (yo tambien)/ I went back to my 17 year/ Allowed myself to be naive (dime)/ To be someone I'd never be," as the tempo begins to pick up and Maluma steps up to sing in a raspy voice. With a skittery, electric cha-cha beat pulling up and back underneath, the pair flirt with each other, with Maluma promising to be Madonna's king if she'll be his queen, singing, "Excuse me, I know you are Madonna/ But I'm going to show you how this perro (dog) will make you fall in love."

Near the end, as the sensual dance heats up, Madonna asks her partner to, "slow down papi."

Back in February, both superstars surprised their fans by sharing photos of themselves together in the recording studio. "I met Madonna during the VMAs in New York," Maluma previously told Billboard. "After that, I had the opportunity to spend some time with her in Los Angeles. She was in the studio and I joined her."

READ MOREEverything We Know About Madonna's New Album 'Madame X'

Madonna's 14th studio album, Madame X, will be released on June 14, according to a statement from her label, with MTV slated to premiere the "Medellin" video on April 24 during "MTV Presents Madonna Live & Exclusive: 'Medellin Video World Premiere" at 4 p.m. ET. According to the release, the singer will be joined by British DJ Trevor Nelson and fans for a live event from London in which she'll discuss the influences on the new album, with Maluma joining in from Miami and additional events taking place in New York, Milan and Sao Paulo.

The 15-track album was inspired by Madonna's experience living in Lisbon, Portugal, over the past few years and feautures her singing in Portuguese, English and Spanish. Tracks include the "anthemic," "I Rise" as well as the "Jamaican dancehall vibes"-infused, Diplo-co-produced duet with Migos' Quavo, "Future" and the Mirwais-produced "Dark Ballet." The follow-up to 2015's Rebel Heart was recorded over 18 months in New York, London, Los Angeles and Portugal.

"Lisbon is where my record was born," Madonna says in a statement. "I found my tribe there and a magical world of incredible musicians that reinforced my belief that music across the world is truly all connected and is the soul of the universe." The album title refers to a persona the singer adopted for the sessions, described as "a dancer. A professor. A head of state. A housekeeper. An equestrian. A prisoner. A student. A mother. A child. A teacher. A nun. A singer. A saint. A whore. A spy in the house of love.”

The singer will perform a new song at the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest in Tel Aviv. Pre-order Madame X here.
      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
        Certainly you,jio,Westen,spiritboy.
        Don't know who's the 5th one tho lol
        Yep lol Plus I counted Erotica because he seems to dislike most stuff from the past 10 years

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
          or just a rumor
          Of course...

Comment

Certainly you,jio,Westen,spiritboy.
            Don't know who's the 5th one tho lol
            Me? LOL. I literally stan everything from Erotica to COADF + Madonna (The First Album), like LAV, TB and HC, defended MDNA since the beginning (while acknowledging the negative sides of mixing and production). And I've hated RH since Day 1. I'm actually not that picky. It's just these last few years have been hard.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• From the Guardian
              4 stars out 5

Madonna: Medellín ft Maluma review – a shapeshifting return to form4/5stars4 out of 5 stars.

The disarming first song from the singer’s 14th album has some lyrical clunkers but acts as a potent reminder of her genre-mashing skills

Owen Myers

Wed 17 Apr 2019*18.51*BSTLast modified on Wed 17 Apr 2019*20.36*BST

Shares

Comments52

If any artist has shown her ability to code-switch between styles, it’s*Madonna, who’s adroitly shifted from*dominatrix*to*disco queen*to*Earth mother*with previous album cycles. Her latest reinvention is Madame X: the title of her forthcoming 14th album (out 14 June), and also the name of a chameleonic character that she will play across the record. She announced it last week in*a cinematic, enjoyably OTT videofeaturing a panoply of guises that included multiple eye patches and the singer wearing a hooded bonnet as if preparing for*Gilead.

In a voiceover she details 15 identities – dancer, prisoner, nun and whore among others – and explains: “Madame X is a secret agent. Traveling around the world. Changing identities.” And it seems that Madonna’s gaze is reaching just as wide for Madame X, which features the American rap artists SwaeLee and Quavo, as well as the South American superstars Anitta and Maluma, the latter of whom is featured on the album’s iridescent lead single, Medellín.

Co-produced by Madonna’s American Life collaborator Mirwais, Medellín is quite unlike anything we’ve heard from the singer before, and her most subdued lead single since 1998’s stately Frozen. The most initially disarming thing about it is its balmy sense of ease. “I woke up in Medellín,” she sings over airy synths, before slyly adding, “Another me could now begin.” A rhythmic reggaeton beat kicks in for a fiesta-starting chorus, with lovey-dovey call-and-response between the duo. At nearly five minutes, Medellín’s pacing feels refreshingly relaxed, though it wouldn’t be a*Madonnaco-write without a few lyrical clunkers (“pain” rhymed with “champagne”). It doesn’t exactly do much to dispel stereotypes of Colombia either (“We built a cartel just for love,” she sings).

Madame X: Madonna's new alter-ego is both anonymous and well-trodden

Read more

But those are minor quibbles: Medellín is a potent reminder of Madonna’s deft history of meshing genres and a convincing addition to the roll call of western megastars like*Beyoncéand*Justin Bieber*linking up with Spanish-language artists. And unlike the occasional trend-chasing of her most recent albums, MDNA and Rebel Heart, Medellín proves that Madonna is well equipped to weather the demands of today’s listening trends while bringing global styles into her own world. For Madonna, it seems that the streaming age may just speed up her shapeshifting.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                "MTV Presents Madonna Live & Exclusive: 'Medellin Video World Premiere" at 4 p.m. ET. According to the release, the singer will be joined by British DJ Trevor Nelson and fans for a live event from London in which she'll discuss the influences on the new album, with Maluma joining in from Miami and additional events taking place in New York, Milan and Sao Paulo.

wait what? this got bigger!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                  There is nothing particularly positive about the song itself in this review though, more about her in general.

Comment

• Well.. first listening.. i feel indifferent so far.. hope it growes on me. Her vocals are too Cher-esque.. Going to repeat.
                    Is it really love if it hurts? Is it really pain if it’s inside?

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                      Me? LOL. I literally stan everything from Erotica to COADF + Madonna (The First Album), like LAV, TB and HC, defended MDNA since the beginning (while acknowledging the negative sides of mixing and production). And I've hated RH since Day 1. I'm actually not that picky. It's just these last few years have been hard.
                      Maybe it's because you're so voiceful about your hate for Rabel Heart that you come across as picky?
                      I,for one,am the same when it comes to MDNA .
                      I hate it with all my guts but I'm more soft while expressing my views

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                        wait what? this got bigger!
                        Which certainly means Anitta will take part on that.

Comment

Maybe it's because you're so voiceful about your hate for Rabel Heart that you come across as picky?
                          I,for one,am the same when it comes to MDNA .
                          I hate it with all my guts but I'm more soft while expressing my views
                          What can I say. I'm really passionate about Rebel Heart. Just not in a loving way.

Comment

• From NPR. org

Madonna's New Single, 'Medellin,' Is A Self-Aware Nostalgia Trip

April 17, 20191:41 PM ET

ANN POWERS

Twitter

YouTube

The first single from Madonna's upcoming Madame X suggests that the doyenne of dance pop is making canny decisions in her 60th year. "Medellin" is a carefully dosed combination of the coolly narcotic dance-pop she's often made with the track's producer, Mirwais, and the energetic reggaetón of the track's featured guest, the Colombian star Maluma, and suggests this global pop sound will be the foundation of her fourteenth studio album. Starting with a whispered "one, two, cha cha cha" from Queen Madge that lends the arrangement a witty vintage feel, the song proceeds to relate a fantasy that's both sexy and slightly nostalgic. "I took a pill and had a dream," Madonna murmurs, her voice artfully Auto-tuned. "I went back to my seventeenth year."

Madonna's reverie transports her to the Colombian mountain city where, in what some might consider the song's most dubious lyric, she and Maluma have "built a cartel just for love." The line, however, makes sense in the larger scheme of Madame X, due out June 14. The singer promises that the album will have the feel of a spy movie, giving Madonna the chance to inhabit many identities – a few she's listed on Instagram include "a teacher, a nun, a cabaret singer, a saint, a prostitute" and many more. Madonna as secret agent, assuming myriad identities but never settling into one? That's a brilliant way to deal with questions the pop superstar has faced in recent years about both cultural appropriation and her refusal to embrace her status as a mature woman and artist.

The fantasy of "Medellin" could belong to a woman of any age, race or social status. Its dreaminess makes it accessible to all without making any claims on authenticity. Grounded in a minimalist take on reggaetón's ubiquitous tresillo rhythm, "Medellin" lets Madonna lay back in the groove while giving the waggish, husky-voiced Maluma plenty of room to spin out his rhymes in Spanish. Madonna and Mirwais are clearly thinking of "Despacito" here, integrating English and Spanish seamlessly in a song meant for a global marketplace.

Intended to be a celebration of the connections among musicians across borders, Madame X features several other collaborations, some intriguing (the Brazilian singer Anitta) and others possibly a bit on the nose (Diplo, Migos). Madonna has said that the album's global perspective was inspired by her life in Portugal, where she's lived since 2017, but of course, the Latin connection has been a major aspect of her work since her earliest days. "Medellin" is, in some ways, a return to her happy place, definitively portrayed in her 1986 single "La Isla Bonita" — only this time with a woozy feel more redolent of a time when synthetic drugs and virtual realities dominate the cultural conversation. Let's hope the rest of Madame X is this playful and charming.

Comment

• From NPR.org

Madonna's New Single, 'Medellin,' Is A Self-Aware Nostalgia Trip

April 17, 20191:41 PM ET

ANN POWERS

Twitter

YouTube

The first single from Madonna's upcoming Madame X suggests that the doyenne of dance pop is making canny decisions in her 60th year. "Medellin" is a carefully dosed combination of the coolly narcotic dance-pop she's often made with the track's producer, Mirwais, and the energetic reggaetón of the track's featured guest, the Colombian star Maluma, and suggests this global pop sound will be the foundation of her fourteenth studio album. Starting with a whispered "one, two, cha cha cha" from Queen Madge that lends the arrangement a witty vintage feel, the song proceeds to relate a fantasy that's both sexy and slightly nostalgic. "I took a pill and had a dream," Madonna murmurs, her voice artfully Auto-tuned. "I went back to my seventeenth year."

Madonna's reverie transports her to the Colombian mountain city where, in what some might consider the song's most dubious lyric, she and Maluma have "built a cartel just for love." The line, however, makes sense in the larger scheme of Madame X, due out June 14. The singer promises that the album will have the feel of a spy movie, giving Madonna the chance to inhabit many identities – a few she's listed on Instagram include "a teacher, a nun, a cabaret singer, a saint, a prostitute" and many more. Madonna as secret agent, assuming myriad identities but never settling into one? That's a brilliant way to deal with questions the pop superstar has faced in recent years about both cultural appropriation and her refusal to embrace her status as a mature woman and artist.

The fantasy of "Medellin" could belong to a woman of any age, race or social status. Its dreaminess makes it accessible to all without making any claims on authenticity. Grounded in a minimalist take on reggaetón's ubiquitous tresillo rhythm, "Medellin" lets Madonna lay back in the groove while giving the waggish, husky-voiced Maluma plenty of room to spin out his rhymes in Spanish. Madonna and Mirwais are clearly thinking of "Despacito" here, integrating English and Spanish seamlessly in a song meant for a global marketplace.

Intended to be a celebration of the connections among musicians across borders, Madame X features several other collaborations, some intriguing (the Brazilian singer Anitta) and others possibly a bit on the nose (Diplo, Migos). Madonna has said that the album's global perspective was inspired by her life in Portugal, where she's lived since 2017, but of course, the Latin connection has been a major aspect of her work since her earliest days. "Medellin" is, in some ways, a return to her happy place, definitively portrayed in her 1986 single "La Isla Bonita" — only this time with a woozy feel more redolent of a time when synthetic drugs and virtual realities dominate the cultural conversation. Let's hope the rest of Madame X is this playful and charming.

Comment

• All rave reviews.
                                Those crazy stans...

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                  Yep lol Plus I counted Erotica because he seems to dislike most stuff from the past 10 years
                                  Oh ok

Well I like all Madonna studio albums. Cause they are full of great tracks, MDNA and Rebel Heart too. But I understand it cause I often complain about the music these days from all artists. But somehow her last lead singles are weak compared to most album tracks, except Living for love maybe.
                                  I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• All rave reviews!
                                    Those crazy stans...

Comment

What can I say. I'm really passionate about Rebel Heart. Just not in a loving way.
                                      Then you two are more picky then me cause Madonna doesn't have bad studio album. Some are just weak when you compare them to her other albums.
                                      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                                        All rave reviews!
                                        Those crazy stans...
                                        Stop makind double posts
                                        You crazy stan!

Comment

Atop makind double posts
                                          You crazy stan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post
                                            Then you two are more picky then me cause Madonna doesn't have bad studio album. Some are just weak when you compare them to her other albums.
                                            For me ,MDNA represents an absolutely awful album in all possible ways.
                                            But ok,Let's not go there again

Comment

• [MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION] you should check my scrobbles now

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post
                                                Anyone loving LFL and RH isn't picky in my book. So you're off the hook.

Comment

For me ,MDNA represents an absolutely awful album in all possible ways.
                                                  But ok,Let's not go there again
                                                  I can understand it though. But for me the only problem with the album is that a real concept is missing and that there are some songs that are too weak (Turn up the radio especially). But it also has some great ones like Gang Bang and Love Spent. It's just a nice song collection like Rebel Heart too, but I miss a concept like she always had.

Comment

Anyone loving LFL and RH isn't picky in my book. So you're off the hook.
                                                    I would not say I love them. I like them.

But I love Holy Water with all of my heart. and songs like S.E.X. or Illuminati.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X