Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    Maybe something like 2 weeks in London, 2 weeks in Paris, 2 weeks in Berlin, 2 weeks in Rome...
    Or a month in each city. Taking the residency concept to a whole new level.

I doubt that happens tho, since this is Madonna and Guy I'm expecting something more "basic" to be announced.
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
      Maybe something like 2 weeks in London, 2 weeks in Paris, 2 weeks in Berlin, 2 weeks in Rome...
      Would be fun and very in the Madame X theme if London shows were theatrical, Paris fashionable and chanson like, Berlin dance/party themed, Rome religious iconography...
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Do you think we will have 4 new videos in the next 4 weeks?

3 May 2019 – I Rise (3:44)
        10 May 2019 – Crave feat. Swae Lee (3:22)
        17 May 2019 – Future feat. Quavo (3:54)
        7 June 2019 – Dark Ballet (4:15)

Comment

• Originally posted by upushme View Post
          Do you think we will have 4 new videos in the next 4 weeks?

3 May 2019 – I Rise (3:44)
          10 May 2019 – Crave feat. Swae Lee (3:22)
          17 May 2019 – Future feat. Quavo (3:54)
          7 June 2019 – Dark Ballet (4:15)
          I am 100% sure this won't happen .
          I do think we will get another one for the song she'll perform at Eurovision.

Comment

• Seing there is a gap between "Future" and "Dark Ballet" I suspect we might get videos only for "I Rise" and "Dark Ballet"
            jio CHARTS NOW: 13/9/2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...1#post10979401

Comment

• Comment

• I expect one more video I think before the album comes out.
                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• I don't like her shoes for her "wedding" dress, they seem to be gym shoes.

Comment

• I think she already filmed all the videos for this era... Also, I wonder if we will get a mini documentary about the whole Madame X project... You guys remember the short video clips of her in the black wig and being surrounded by other Portuguese musicians? And her conversations about the origins of the Madame X name? All this makes me think she will release a Madame X behind the scenes thing.

I’m very curious about her work with that group of women from Cape Verde too... is that confirmed as being for “Batuka”?
                    “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Madonna is the very artist who rejects to the idea of doing residency. Thats what old hasbeens do. I dont know why some people keep bring it up. She never said she would do it either. People need to drop it. She will go on a new tour.
                      Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• I don’t know if I agree with you... I think she started to crave more intimate shows in smaller venues from 2015/2016. The cabaret bit on The Rebel Heart Tour makes me think so, plus Tears of A Clown was perhaps also a step in that direction. I don’t think is a bad thing. She was visibly exhausted during the MDNA Tour and after years and years of the same touring strategy why not change things for a bit? She can have a residency and then tour again whenever she feels like it again.
                        “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                          Madonna is the very artist who rejects to the idea of doing residency. Thats what old hasbeens do. I dont know why some people keep bring it up. She never said she would do it either. People need to drop it. She will go on a new tour.
                          Lady Gaga had a huge #1 album, #1 single, successful movie and won an Oscar while doing a Residency. The only hasbeen here is Madonna
                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Madonna is the very artist who rejects to the idea of doing residency. Thats what old hasbeens do. I dont know why some people keep bring it up. She never said she would do it either. People need to drop it. She will go on a new tour.
                            This is such an old opinion.
                            It doesn't apply to what doing a residency represents these days,like ...at all!
                            Last edited by BodyShop; Thu April 25, 2019, 16:21.

Comment

This is not 2003.
                              Residencies are the new thing.
                              Bruno Mars, Cardi B and Drake are has beens? Quite the contrary!
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Residencies and Broadway musicals (Cher, Tina, Carole King, Destiny’s Child say hello) seem to be big money makers these days.

Comment

She also said that she would never sing Like A Virgin again....and...well...

Comment

• Just bought the video from iTunes. Don't understand why isn't it on UHD, but, I'm liking it more and more.
                                    I don't think it's dark and fits the mood of the song, mostly...
                                    She's gorgeous, he's hot, the editing could be better, but I'm fine with the end result.
                                    Her sucking his toe? Nothing new on that front. It happened in 89 and 92 and more recently also...
                                    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• I think its not her who is dancing with the horse scene.. and not her and him riding the horses at the end.
                                      Is it really love if it hurts? Is it really pain if it’s inside?

Comment

• Is 3.4 mil. on youtube enough so far or is it weak?
                                        Is it really love if it hurts? Is it really pain if it’s inside?

Comment

• Originally posted by RHpoz View Post
                                          I think its not her who is dancing with the horse scene.. and not her and him riding the horses at the end.
                                          I think that too! Said it when I first watched the vid.
                                          I have received many gifts from God,
                                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• The Hollywood Reporter breaks down the looks, pieces and accessories Madame X wears in her new video, Medellín.

It’s no surprise that style icon Madonna puts on a veritable fashion show in her new music video forMedellin, the first track from her 14th studio album, Madame X, that dropped during a much-anticipated world premiere in London hosted by MTV on Wednesday.

The video showcases a lineup of jaw-dropping fashion moments, created by a team led by stylist and i-D fashion editor Ib Kamara with styling consultant Eyob Yohannes and stylist Miguel Cervera, while Maluma‘s personal stylist Julian Rios created the Latin singer’s looks.

Madonna wears long elbow-length leather gloves made in Italy by New York-based designer Carolina Amato throughout the video as a tribute to Martha Graham and the telling moment that inspired the new album name and Madonna’s constant chameleon-like fashion metamorphosis.

During the interview, Madonna wore a statement-making custom leather eye patch by Gregory Karadecorated with a red “X” made of Swarovski crystals that appears in other iterations in the video, while a branded version is sold with her tour merchandise (a savvy marketing tactic).

The video opens with a dimly-lit shot of a veiled Madame X kneeling in prayer in front of a stained-glass window that cuts to a simple black-and-white scene of her running in a satin robe dress with long va-va-voom feather trim on the sleeves and hem. Then it clips back to the praying scene and out again to a stark black-and-white landscape, where Madonna stands in a dramatic floor-sweeping tan wrap dress with red-tipped kimono-sleeves by fashion brand Paloma Spain. Maluma sits atop a white horse and wears an all-black ensemble by Spanish designer Ana Locking, including a jacket with a long pleated train and ruffled edge that drapes elegantly behind him.

Next, there is a quick glimpse of Madame X galloping away wearing black-and-white cowboy boots and a stunning white bridal gown that flows out behind her before the camera zeroes in on a sequence of her leading a cha-cha class. Here, Madonna dons a skinny black satin tie and crisp white button-front shirt cinched with a red harness, paired with a sharp pencil skirt that has a high side-slit for ease of movement.

Accessorized with a riding crop, the commanding look is finished off with black fishnet stockings, a red eye patch, elbow-length black leather Amata gloves (her ode to Graham) and strappy patent booties with spectator-like detailing and red heels by Miu Miu – with red lipstick to match.

And then the lovers show up in bed, sipping Champagne and smoking. As Maluma lounges in an understated black snap-front shirt and satiny gray pajama pants, Madonna stuns in a dreamy sky-blue Erdem off-the-shoulder dress scattered with beaded black flowers (as seen on the spring-summer 2019 runway), also wearing a black eye patch, a wide sequined black choker with fringe trim, and strappy black sandals.

Cut to a lavish wedding spread, and the rest is pure fantasy. A newly platinum-haired Madame Xstomps down the middle of the guest table in a floaty strapless white corseted wedding gown and short black-and-white cowboy boots. Hard continues to meet soft on a white cowboy hat embellished with the requisite gold “X” and trimmed with a multi-colored hat band and an attached veil with paillettes that glimmer as they catch the light. Tough accents include a blood-red version of the elbow-length leather gloves by Amata and a custom white leather eyepatch by Kara embellished with custom safety pins from Gareth Wrighton. The finishing touch is a pretty bold gold floral necklace decked out with multi-colored jewels.

To read the full article, check out The Hollywood Reporter.
                                            "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                              Lady Gaga had a huge #1 album, #1 single, successful movie and won an Oscar while doing a Residency. The only hasbeen here is Madonna
                                              Are u serious???kaka is not even 40s. She better not. Madonna is 60s and tries to stay current. U better not bring that kaka here. I so care less about her.
                                              Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Are u serious???kaka is not even 40s. She better not. Madonna is 60s and tries to stay current. U better not bring that kaka here. I so care less about her.
                                                  You care enough to talk about her and insult her.

So me talking about charts is trolling, but other fans here when troll, insult, go off topic, i don't see whole fanbase gang baging on them and calling them out. Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                                    You care enough to talk about her and insult her.

So me talking about charts is trolling, but other fans here when troll, insult, go off topic, i don't see whole fanbase gang baging on them and calling them out. Interesting.
                                                    When that user said only "hasbeens" do residencies ,3 posters called him out. Including me.
                                                    But ,like mods said, one should report the user and not engage in discussions, right?
                                                    ;)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X