No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are our favourite leaked and unreleased Madonna songs? Do you even listen to them? How do you tag them?

My top 10:

1. Avicii Heart
    2. Across The Sky
    3. Liquid Love
    4. Triggering Your Sense
    5. The Beat Is So Crazy
    6. I’m In Love With Love
    7. Set The Right
    8. Revolution
    9. Freedom
    10. Animal

My #1 was Broken but she ended up making that an official release. I just tag them on to the parent album usually - my ROL is almost 30 songs at this point, and don’t get me started on the length of Rebel Heart
    I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded

#FreeBritney

Comment

• he beat is so crazy is a vibe
      Forever Young

Comment

• 1 No Substitute for Love
        (replaces DW/SFL in my ROL iTunes playlist)

2 Love Won’t Wait

3 Keep the Trance

4 Animal

5 Like an Angel Passing Through My Room

6 Liquid Love

7 Gone, Gone, Gone

8 Queen

9 Revenge

10 Triggering
        "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• I don't listen to them out if some, probably misguided, respect for the artist

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
            What are our favourite leaked and unreleased Madonna songs?
            Each Time You Break My Heart

Comment

• Originally posted by alexiscolby View Post
              Each Time You Break My Heart
              Definitely
              jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• I’ve never loved so much ETYBMH, always preferred Nick Kamen’s “Tell Me”
                "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• ETYBMH never leaked in good quality though did it?
                  I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I always loved "Revenge".
                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• The version I know is in average quality. Not unlistenable but not perfect quality either. It is still magic though (as is Nick Kamen's version although I prefer Madonna's). Other than that I adore "Animal" and M's version of Edith Piaf's "Ne Me Quitez Pas" ("If You Go Away").
                      jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• I liked that ABBA cover she recorded, cant think of what its called tho.
                        Why reach for the Moon when we have the Stars.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                          I always loved "Revenge".
                          Amazing track!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jules25 View Post
                            I liked that ABBA cover she recorded, cant think of what its called tho.
                            Like an angel passing through my room

Comment

• The era (commercially and chart wise) will be over in 2 weeks. It was great while it lasted.

Everything is on point though, the image, the music, the visuals. I can do without damn eyepatch though
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• No, it won’t...Christ.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                  The era (commercially and chart wise) will be over in 2 weeks. It was great while it lasted.

Everything is on point though, the image, the music, the visuals. I can do without damn eyepatch though
                                  Not everything... the chipmunk voice in most (not all) songs is not that great...

Comment

• The album may be over on the charts soon but the era isn't over in any sense, we still have a new tour coming up, the Pride Festival, the "Batuka" music video and hopefully more stuff.
                                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• I said commercially and chart wise. Tour won't do anything for the album, neither will Batuka video nor Pride performance.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I swear she said a documentary filmed by that Nuno guy was coming as well. Maybe i am just imagining it.

Comment

• Well, there must be something coming. We still haven't seen all the identites of Madame X

I'm looking forward to see accordion playing character. It's intriguing.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/28/e...nel/index.html

She looks great in this pic.
                                            Why reach for the Moon when we have the Stars.

Comment

• Oh please no video to Batuka please

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                                Oh please no video to Batuka please
                                                It's coming. Get ready for it. I think it could breathe a new life into the song.

Looking forward to her Pride performance this weekend; apparently she'll sing 'God Control' instead of 'Future'... please be true. Interesting about the radio station launch; could give an insightful look into the creative process of Madame X in more detail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie View Post
                                                  Looking forward to her Pride performance this weekend; apparently she'll sing 'God Control' instead of 'Future'... please be true.
                                                  God Hopeful. She really stubbornly pushes certain bizarre song choices (I think we all know which is her #1 bizarre choice when it comes to repeat performances ).
                                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• @MrLeonix @NormiMalone
                                                    After a full spin (and I'm listening again now) here is a "Confessions on a DANCE. FLOOR..." review. I have nothing in depth to say yet but after a few listens perhaps.

Hung Up. 9/10. Incredible song, we all know it. Not much to say.

Get together. 7/10. Surprisingly nice, I remember hearing it years ago and not feeling it, but I can definitely appreciate this now, a synthy groove to get lost in.

Sorry. 8/10. Always loved it (love the transition from GT to this a lot!) So bouncy and bubbly, both verses and chorus are incredibly catchy. Great outro with the minor chord moving into the next track.
                                                    "Ik ben droevig" does not translate to "I'm Sorry" BTW, she should have said "Het spijt me".

Future Lover. 6.5/10. Sounds like a random remix you'd find on a single EP. A bit monotonous but hypnotic.
                                                    Not really my thing or something I'd like to listen to again but it's okay. (I do love the hymning backing vocals a lot on this).

I Love New York. 7/10. So she loves New York. Kind of cringy lyrically but strangely energetic.
                                                    It seems like there's some sort of rock element that brings a very nice and interesting vibe to this song.

Let it Will be. 8.5/10. Yes, this works very well for me, it's experimental and strange, a bit dark. Her vocals are very good here, reminds me of her ROL era vocals. Love the chord loop in the chorus.

Forbidden Love. 7/10. The previous song indicated a more dramatic/serious transition and I love how it transitioned to this song, as if she took a jump to get just a little deeper. I do start to "notice" The endless 4/4 beat at this point and it's becoming a bit repetitive. This is the point where I'm starting to hope for something different, but I understand the concept of the album so I'll try to let that go.

Jump. 8/10. Actually does have a bit of a different, more poppy vibe. Very catchy chorus, echoes some “Sorry” vibes sonically, with the strings and the vocoder parts. I can see this being a huge grower actually.

How High. 7.0/10. Epic intro building/blending into a great verse. I do wish the chorus would pack a bigger punch it could have been my favorite song on the album based on the the first minute. It kind of dissolves into mediocrity. I can't rank it lower than a 7 because of the great intro and verses though.

Isaac. 8/10. A different vibe, which I like. There moments where she goes “Hmmmmmm” sound like it's inspired by “Frozen”, or well, it reminds me of that song.
                                                    I hear some “Love Spent” in it too. (Which I’m of course aware, came later, I love that song). One of my favorites!

Push. 6/10. I liked the last minute a lot more than the actual full song, it's the first one the album that doesn't spark something in me. It's not bad, but it's just there. Repetitive lyrics, it doesn't do much for me. (Great vocal production though, once again).

Like it or not. 5/10 Unfortunately my least favorite on the album..I really would have loved it to go out with a bang but this is mediocre. The good thing is, I envisioned the whole album to sound exactly like this...so I;m not complaining.

Overall I’d give the album a 7.8, it exceeded a lot of my expectations.
                                                    Very impressed with the (vocal) production, the transitions and how many incredible catchy hooks are to be found.
                                                    Not at all what I had expected. I'll be giving this album a lot of spins this summer I guess.
                                                    I'm disappointed with the closure of the album though, I really think the last 2 songs sound more like bonustracks, so I'm gonna make this a 10 track album, which is just fine!
                                                    Last edited by Hejira; Fri June 28, 2019, 20:19.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X