Clear All

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
    basic american girl taste, short generic urban songs are her favorites
    She saved three songs out of 15 when she reacted to MX:
    Future
    Crave
    I Rise.

FUTURE.

On the other hand she went crazy for Lorde's "Melodrama" and for the other kid's "When We All Fall Asleep..." and these are cohesive albums as well.
    Last edited by Shadowplay; Sun August 25, 2019, 12:50.
    "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post
      She saved three songs out of 15 when she reacted to MX:
      Future
      Crave
      I Rise.

FUTURE.

On the other hand she went crazy for Lorde's "Melodrama" and for the other kid's "When We All Fall Asleep..." and these are cohesive albums as well.
      Well, Billbie's album is 'minimalist spotify' type of music, on top of that she had hype and bandwagon.

Comment

• her most positive reviews are Lana albums actually. Plus she loved Confessions...how can you say she got basic short generic song taste? She likes what she likes.
        Anyway, maybe someone should give her her own thread cause I doubt everyone her loves seeing her name popping up in this thread more than Madonna at this point lol.

Comment

• I was watching Friends on Netflix and I've heard take a bow. Do you know if there's another Madonna's song in Friends?

Comment

• Originally posted by luckyONE View Post
            The album version of Nobody Knows Me really is THAT bad. Yeah, the theme is great but if it wasn't for the ReInvention Tour version, I'd call this her worst song along with 'Swim'.
            Disagree 100%. The way the album version builds up to that last minute and a half and that instrumental outro. Its like top 20 for me and certaintly top 5 of the 2000s.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckyONE View Post
              The album version of Nobody Knows Me really is THAT bad. Yeah, the theme is great but if it wasn't for the ReInvention Tour version, I'd call this her worst song along with 'Swim'.
              Disagree as well. Plus, "Swim" a bad song?!! Madness!
              “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                Yeah I said it from the start that AJay's not gonna like her music at all, she has that basic american girl taste, short generic urban songs are her favorites. She hates unconvential structures, cohesive albums, albums in general, she likes songs to listen to.
                I think I'm gonna stop watching her reviews of Madonna albums, i watched enough videos of her trashing her discography.
                Not true at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by LongingHeart View Post
                  Not true at all.
                  - criticized unconventional songs structures? Check.
                  - criticized cohesive albums done by one or few people? Check.
                  - doesn't listen albums 2nd time and only listening to songs she saves after first listen? Check.

Not to mention genres, electrpop and dancepop is outdated for HER no matter how much it isn't, saying that AL sounds like of its time is the biggest bull ever, and pretty much confirms that.

Comment

• American Life is not an easy album to digest on first listen so I'm not surprised by Ajay's reaction. The only thing that suprised me is that she didn't like Hollywood.

Comment

• I knew she was going to love the more stripped down tunes from AL, particularly "X-Static Process". But yeah sometimes I forget that outside of Madonna's hardcore fanbase AL was never really a liked or a public's darling album, I thought she was going to like a bit more stuff from it but I just kept forgetting that most people who are not M fans won't ever like that album in the same way her fans do.
                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Not surprised at AJ's American Life reaction. She liked the songs I thought she would and appreciated the lyrical content. She doesn't seem to like overly processed, computerised production.

In before she groups Music with MDNA and trashes 'Impressive Instant'. Get ready, people.

Comment

• Moderator Position - the Madonna topics

As a result of the unrest in Madonna threads over the last few months, we'd now like to offer out the role of moderator in General Artists and Chart Analysis forums - most specifically the Madonna threads.

There is no guarantee of a moderation position (it will depend on who puts their name forward) but ideally, we'll end up with a handful of good names, supported by the community, who will have the main purpose of moderating the Madonna threads.

If you're interested in moderating, you'll need to have:

* Been a member of the UKMIX community for at least 2 years.
                          * More than 1,000 posts.
                          * Been checking the Madonna topics every other day and keeping up to speed with the discussions.

You'll need to be level headed and strong willed, confident in dealing with the issues that arise in the topic and you'll need to buy into the wider UKMIX rules/guidelines so that you can then effectively implement them in the forums you moderate, namely the Madonna topics - you'll have the full range of moderation tools available and will need to use them in the right way.

If you're interested, please message me privately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                            Moderator Position - the Madonna topics

As a result of the unrest in Madonna threads over the last few months, we'd now like to offer out the role of moderator in General Artists and Chart Analysis forums - most specifically the Madonna threads.

There is no guarantee of a moderation position (it will depend on who puts their name forward) but ideally, we'll end up with a handful of good names, supported by the community, who will have the main purpose of moderating the Madonna threads.

If you're interested in moderating, you'll need to have:

* Been a member of the UKMIX community for at least 2 years.
                            * More than 1,000 posts.
                            * Been checking the Madonna topics every other day and keeping up to speed with the discussions.

You'll need to be level headed and strong willed, confident in dealing with the issues that arise in the topic and you'll need to buy into the wider UKMIX rules/guidelines so that you can then effectively implement them in the forums you moderate, namely the Madonna topics - you'll have the full range of moderation tools available and will need to use them in the right way.

If you're interested, please message me privately.
                            This is not necessary. You just need to tell one person: "Hey listen, you can't post in ANY Madonna thread." and everything will work out. When other users butt head it can get heated but they give out arguments, exchange posts and the thread sorts itself out (even if they don't come to a mutually satisfying conclusion). But when things go wrong, in 99 out of 100 cases you can pinpoint the beginning, the middle part and the end to one certain poster with a very aggressive, non-argumentative but just stubbornly narrow-minded and prejudiced repetitious approach who spreads crap on this thread and as bonus most likely loves to annoy people here.

i don't understand why it's easier to act for months (years?) like Madonna threads are an overall nightmare when they really aren't and just run around one simple problem over and over again. How hard can it be to see that when that user is gone (usually banned) everything is smooth sailing here? It's the most obvious thing in Madonna threads ever.
                            I have received many gifts from God,
                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                              This is not necessary. You just need to tell one person: "Hey listen, you can't post in ANY Madonna thread." and everything will work out. When other users butt head it can get heated but they give out arguments, exchange posts and the thread sorts itself out (even if they don't come to a mutually satisfying conclusion). But when things go wrong, in 99 out of 100 cases you can pinpoint the beginning, the middle part and the end to one certain poster with a very aggressive, non-argumentative but just stubbornly narrow-minded and prejudiced repetitious approach who spreads crap on this thread and as bonus most likely loves to annoy people here.

i don't understand why it's easier to act for months (years?) like Madonna threads are an overall nightmare when they really aren't and just run around one simple problem over and over again. How hard can it be to see that when that user is gone (usually banned) everything is smooth sailing here? It's the most obvious thing in Madonna threads ever.
                              +1
                              When we lose what we love
                              Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                              When we lose what we love
                              Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• I’d rather this didn’t turn into a witch-hunt thank you.

Our most active Madonna-related moderator, menime123, has been inactive for a while now (and biscuits has left) therefore a new member of the team would be welcomed at this point and it would be preferable if it were somebody who could oversee the Madonna threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                  I’d rather this didn’t turn into a witch-hunt thank you.
                                  Well, as you can see it already turned into witch-hunt thanks to some people who think they are above it all. This is nothing but 'ban him because I dislike him' crybabies who personally attack you even if you wrote arguments why you dislike something. How many times were other fans warned in her threads that disagreeing with someone is not trolling, how many times was written to stop reporting posts if you disagree with one user, how many times were threads closed because of other fans and their ''stanning M and hating *insert artists name*' behavior - like this recent close who turned thread into mess because other M stan was not capable of having a discussion without being aggressive and rude, but you don't see these same fans telling you to control him? He was openly trashing and disliking Kylie who was used as PERFECT example of veteran artists finding their audience, he was attacking me, he didn't post any argument, or chart facts, his argument was 'Kylie is trash and flop and you lie!!11'. But according to some people here that is VALID argument. You don't see them telling you to warn spiritboy (not calling you out sis, just saying how you are not attacked for saying what I am saying too) who is allowed to note bad streaming in her thread, or bad result, which leads us to the problem - me, and mutual dislike of members (recent bandwagon), 'i dislike him so he is always wrong and i don't wanna see his posts because i dislike him' problem. And it's funny how always the biggest bully and the most aggressive member who personally attacks for such a banal thing (like talking about charts) is pointing fingers at others.

Comment

• Plays a victim and attacks others. How p... redictable...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                      Nice to see Ayall loving "Nothing Fails" and "X-Static Process" though ... She appreciates a more stripped down and introspective Madonna.

I'm not sure about the "Music" album anymore but I do think she might like "Ray Of Light".
                                      She is going to absolutely get her life to Ray of Light; there might be a couple tracks that don't work for her (maybe "Candy Perfume Girl"), but the majority of it will click. It's hard to say how she'll feel about Music overall, but I'm thinking the title track, "I Deserve It," "Don't Tell Me," "What It Feels Like For a Girl," and "Gone" will be probably the highlights for her. We'll see.
                                      She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post
                                        She is going to absolutely get her life to Ray of Light; there might be a couple tracks that don't work for her (maybe "Candy Perfume Girl"), but the majority of it will click. It's hard to say how she'll feel about Music overall, but I'm thinking the title track, "I Deserve It," "Don't Tell Me," "What It Feels Like For a Girl," and "Gone" will be probably the highlights for her. We'll see.
                                        I can totally see her loving "Drowned World / Substitute For Love", "Frozen" and "Mer Girl". Also we already know that she loves the title-track "Ray Of Light", she said she heard it and loved it and was the song that made her want to do a Madonna marathon.
                                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

I can totally see her loving "Drowned World / Substitute For Love", "Frozen" and "Mer Girl". Also we already know that she loves the title-track "Ray Of Light", she said she heard it and loved it and was the song that made her want to do a Madonna marathon.
                                          I agree with those being her Ray of Light highlights, and I'll also toss in the run from "Skin" through "Sky Fits Heaven" I could see her really jamming to those. AJ seems to like it when Madonna gets intimate, so the lyrics to "Mer Girl" will probably floor her. Can't believe I'm actually following her journey, but she's interesting to watch.
                                          She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• I re-watched Sticky tour last night, only 2nd time, I can't remember much, it says a lot. Shame she wasted so much energy on that tour, and I'm one of those people who love Hard Candy.

Whole tour just reeks of desperation - from outfits to her act, she was literally acting like Miley in 2013 with all her middle fingers, swearing, dry humping, lady parts grabbing etc.

It's also hard to enjoy live concert if 99% of vocals is not live, at least not on DVD.

I need to re-watch the rest of her tours, I've seen them all once (Reinvention Tour, Who's That Girl, and until yesterday Sticky) or twice. I still haven't seen RHT, after seeing it in arena I can't force myself to watch that bore-fest again.

Comment

• Edit

Comment

• "Sticky & Sweet" is easily my least favorite tour from her in the 21st century.

Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                                I need to re-watch the rest of her tours, I've seen them all once (Reinvention Tour, Who's That Girl, and until yesterday Sticky) or twice. I still haven't seen RHT, after seeing it in arena I can't force myself to watch that bore-fest again.
                                                You should watch the "Drowned World Tour", it's stunning! (her best one ever IMO).

Comment

"Sticky & Sweet" is easily my least favorite tour from her in the 21st century.

You should watch the "Drowned World Tour", it's stunning! (her best one ever IMO).
                                                  I've seen it 2 times, I love it, it's only tour where her rock chick segments actually worked and weren't snooze-fest.

My top 3 are TCT, TGS and Drowned.

Fun fact: there's an article about Drowned World Tour in Serbian English books for high schools. I read it during class

Comment

• So it took less than an afternoon for someone to play a victim, accuse and point fingers to others, then writing a clear example of a pure troll and bait post which is sure to provoke response from actual fans.

Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                                    Whole tour just reeks of desperation - from outfits to her act, she was literally acting like Miley in 2013 with all her middle fingers, swearing, dry humping, lady parts grabbing etc.

It's also hard to enjoy live concert if 99% of vocals is not live, at least not on DVD.

As someone who is a long time "fan", we all know he knows that Madonna has been giving middle finger, masturbating on stage, grabbing lady parts, dry humping since forever on her tours. Way before Miley was even born. But that doesn't stop him from writing this flaming baiting crap and announcing that he plans to rewatch (??!??! rewatch, so he already knows what to expect) so we can all read how she was reeking of desperation since, forever I guess?

Same old story again. Real fans will explain this is just Madonna being Madonna and it's nothing new in her repertoire and he will go on an infinite loop about her suddenly acting like Miley. We all know S&ST isn't one of her best tours, but from the limited sentences of his "review" it's glaring and very telling about his intents what he decides to elaborate the most.

So what is the new moderator supposed to do when based on previous moderation posts like this weren't handled as they should (deleted and warning for repeat trolling)? What's the point?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X