Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • She is my most played artist on LAST.FM. She has more than 20k scrobbles more than my second most scrobbled artist.

    Madame X stays my least played record by her. I ranked it at #12 on my 'favorite albums' list by her, but now I really think this is her worst album.

    There is only one song on the album that I actually like and that reminds me of who Madonna is: 'Crave'.

    'Madame X' might be underrated among the general public (debatable) but it's surely overrated among her fans. Even more than American Life & Ray Of Light are overrated by her fans.

    Comment


    • Sad, but not surprised, at Madame X's absence from basically ALL year end lists... Hopefully future generations will appreaciate the album more.
      “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

      Comment


      • Originally posted by luckyONE View Post
        She is my most played artist on LAST.FM. She has more than 20k scrobbles more than my second most scrobbled artist.

        Madame X stays my least played record by her. I ranked it at #12 on my 'favorite albums' list by her, but now I really think this is her worst album.

        There is only one song on the album that I actually like and that reminds me of who Madonna is: 'Crave'.

        'Madame X' might be underrated among the general public (debatable) but it's surely overrated among her fans. Even more than American Life & Ray Of Light are overrated by her fans.
        Well if it had proper vocals, it would be a return back to form (because the songwriting is stronger than anything she released since "Confessions")... but as it is, with those vocals , it is mediocre/weak album #4 in a row from her. "Crave" is not the best song on the album but it might remind you of who Madonna is only because it is one of the very few songs that has proper vocals. "Medellin" is my personal favourite and the album opening sequence is pretty epic... shame for those vocals...
        jio CHARTS NOW: 27/7/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10664750

        Comment


        • I tend to agree to jio’s analysis. Well, I still find it the best effort from her since COADF, but just yesterday I listened to You’ll See after a long time, and I really miss her raw voice. I had the same feeling when I listened to White Heat last week: it was a distinctive, passionate voice although not so powerful... pure class. Oh Father, even that “Keep It Together forever and ever” sung live at BAT... I wonder what MX would have been without all that awful autotune. What a pity.
          Last edited by Shadowplay; Sun December 8, 2019, 12:24.
          "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

          Comment


          • Not my fav look, but I really like the song.

            Comment


            • I also miss her raw voice as well.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                I also miss her raw voice as well.
                ditto, the distortion shenanigans get tiring after a while

                Comment


                • Originally posted by upushme View Post
                  Not my fav look, but I really like the song.

                  Love this song. <3

                  Comment


                  • ^One of her best ballads for sure, there's a bit of an eerie feel to it too

                    Comment


                    • MADAME X was the 12th highest rated album of 2019 by AOTY's critics.
                      Madonna is going into her fourth decade of career and had one of the most talked about albums on Metacritic this year and even competing with great newcomers. Madame X was an artist's riskiest album in 2019. Will these singers today still be relevant four decades from now?

                      https://www.metacritic.com/music/madame-x/madonna
                      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                        MADAME X was the 12th highest rated album of 2019 by AOTY's critics.
                        ? Ummmm?
                        I have received many gifts from God,
                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                        .

                        Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                        Comment


                        • The Look Of Love is such a beautiful ballad. It should have been on Something To Remember.
                          My Instagram... - Click here

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                            The Look Of Love is such a beautiful ballad. It should have been on Something To Remember.
                            ..and Cherish as well

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MadonnaIcon View Post
                              ..and Cherish as well
                              Cherish is not really a ballad! Sweet, corny and poppy as hell, but still not a ballad. "Promise to try", on the other hand, IS a ballad and deserved more attention/love.
                              “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

                              Comment


                              • The Look of Love
                                Promise to Try
                                Spanish Eyes
                                In This Life

                                are all incredibly absent from STR. They could have included them instead of that orchestral version of I Want You, and it would’ve really have been a complete 17-tracks compilation of all of her ballads.
                                "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post
                                  The Look of Love
                                  Promise to Try
                                  Spanish Eyes
                                  In This Life

                                  are all incredibly absent from STR. They could have included them instead of that orchestral version of I Want You, and it would’ve really have been a complete 17-tracks compilation of all of her ballads.
                                  In This Life is TOO long. A pity.... cause shortened could be perfect!!

                                  Oh and IWY Orchestral fits the compilation perfectly.

                                  Something To Remember is a gem of an album ..... so underrated among her compilation.

                                  Comment


                                  • so, if there's gonna be a new STR2 which songs would you like to be on it? let's make it a 12 track album or so

                                    Comment


                                    • I made a STR 2 playlist on Spotify a few months ago and still use it. It contains only songs released after STR but has a great flow for me

                                      1. Bittersweet
                                      2. Paradise (Not For Me)
                                      3. Frozen
                                      4. Ghosttown
                                      5. What It Feels Like For A Girl
                                      6. Nothing Fails
                                      7. Miles Away
                                      8. Crave
                                      9. You Must Love Me
                                      10. Time Stood Still
                                      11. Masterpiece
                                      12. X-Static Process
                                      13. Don't Cry For Me Argentina
                                      14. The Power Of Good-Bye
                                      Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

                                      Comment


                                      • ^^Love Profusion?!

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by MadonnaIcon View Post
                                          ^^Love Profusion?!
                                          I wouldn’t be so sure classifying Love Profusion as a ballad tbh

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by CandyPerfumeBoy View Post
                                            I made a STR 2 playlist on Spotify a few months ago and still use it. It contains only songs released after STR but has a great flow for me

                                            1. Bittersweet
                                            2. Paradise (Not For Me)
                                            3. Frozen
                                            4. Ghosttown
                                            5. What It Feels Like For A Girl
                                            6. Nothing Fails
                                            7. Miles Away
                                            8. Crave
                                            9. You Must Love Me
                                            10. Time Stood Still
                                            11. Masterpiece
                                            12. X-Static Process
                                            13. Don't Cry For Me Argentina
                                            14. The Power Of Good-Bye
                                            I wouldn't consider "Frozen". "Miles Away" or "Crave" as ballads.
                                            jio CHARTS NOW: 27/7/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10664750

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                              In This Life is TOO long. A pity.... cause shortened could be perfect!!
                                              It’s still a masterpiece though!

                                              Comment


                                              • My favorite ballad is probably Nothing Fails

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by jio View Post
                                                  I wouldn't consider "Frozen". "Miles Away" or "Crave" as ballads.
                                                  Crave definitely not

                                                  Comment


                                                  • So Something To Remember vol. 2
                                                    1.If You Go Away (previously unreleased)
                                                    2.Never Love A Stranger (previously unreleased)
                                                    3.Time Stood Still
                                                    4.Love Tried To Welcome Me
                                                    5.Masterpiece
                                                    6.Messiah
                                                    7.Nothing Fails
                                                    8.Drowned World/Substitute For Love
                                                    9.Bad Girl
                                                    10.You Must Love Me
                                                    11.Miss You (previously unreleased)
                                                    12.The Look Of Love
                                                    13.What It Feels Like For A Girl
                                                    14.Veras (Japanese bonus track)
                                                    Last edited by jio; Wed December 11, 2019, 20:33.
                                                    jio CHARTS NOW: 27/7/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10664750

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X