No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another bull* about her family. Banda spent his holiday with madonna in the us. So Ritchie sh*t needs to cut out. So much drama for the weekend. She is injured and needs to recover to be well. That's the most important thing.
    Last edited by autumnwind; Thu December 26, 2019, 20:01.
    Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

Comment

• ^ I loved it when she had her hair in a more natural colour.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Did they plan to release I Want You as a single at some point as it had a video? Anyone knows?

Stunning song & video btw.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Yes. It was supposed to be the first single from Something to Remember, but problems between Motown and Warner prevented that. Shame. Amazing cover and such an unexpected collaboration.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• ^Still it worked very well as a promo for the album, the video was everywhere, followed by You’ll See which underlined the classy reinvention she had. It was really damage control at its best!
              Who knows, maybe a Love Songs compilation, reworked, reimagined, with no autotune and minimal production would really stop the backlash towards her so amplified after ESC.
              Last edited by Shadowplay; Fri December 27, 2019, 14:01.
              "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• ^ Different times now, GH or compilation they do not work in the charts as they used to before in the physical era

Comment

• Originally posted by upushme View Post

Going to record the masterpiece of the Like a Prayer album

Comment

• Madonna heads to London with boyfriend and brood amid Guy Ritchie ‘legal clash’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/28/madon...AnYbwDpru2GheA

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                      Madonna heads to London with boyfriend and brood amid Guy Ritchie ‘legal clash’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/28/madon...AnYbwDpru2GheA
                      The photos are all over the tabloids in the US and UK. Wonder if it has anything to do with the Guy Ritchie-related legal problem or if she’s just staying put in London until the tour restarts. At least the knee situation looks better?
                      “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Merry Christmas mfs!!
                        Is it really love if it hurts? Is it really pain if it’s inside?

Comment

• Quite pleased to see on the charts analysis forum that Madame X managed to enter some YEC after all. I'm glad it did! Not gonna lie, though, I'm a bit sad that this album came and went kind of at the same time. I can remember my excitement when the MX teaser was released, and also how happy I was when I finally got to buy the album. Whatever failed in the promo strategy (Eurovision, the singles, the eye patch, the theatre tour, her attitude?), I was probably naïve enough to think that this would be the album to turn her career around this decade... As one of her greatest and most loyal fans, I can say that this was truly a frustrating, confusing, exciting, sad and stressful 10 years to be a M fan — yep, all of these emotions all at the same time. Every TV appearance, at least since the BRIT Awards, had me worried - not to mention the constant negativity, backlash, dismissal of her work, and/or the constant cringing/WTF moments (aka The White House commentary, or the Aretha Franklin moment at the VMAs). Not only is Madonna made of steel at this point to deal with all the BS, but us fans must be too — Kinda tiring.

I love her "vision" as an artist; I truly trust her sensitivity and her capacity to create and amaze me. However, I did wish she could've connected with people better, or that the GP could've understood why Madonna is so important, not only as a "verteran act", an "icon", etc., but as a super creative artist that keeps creating meaningful and empowering art over and over again. Sadly, I think all of this will only be recognised and written about until she's no longer with us.

Anyway, sorry. End of my decade-end blues/rambling
                          Last edited by madfan13; Mon December 30, 2019, 03:03.
                          “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• I think I understand you and think mostly the same way.
                            I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Does anyone know the new movie trailer that is using Holiday?

Comment

• @madfan13 Her healthy life prevented her from being attacked for drugs-related issues like they did with Whitney, her "ordinary", "boring", "straight" sexual life prevented her from being destroyed like they did with MJ or George Michael. She is 61, she loves to have young partners, she's still musically active. So they try to destroy her because... "she's old", "she acts like a 16yo girl", "she can't sing".
                                On the other hand, she did her 'best' to prove them right [and they're not!] during this last decade: that "Express Yourself/Born This Way" medley, that "reductive" interview sipping her tea showed her bitter face. The BIM video was frankly excessive and almost an unintended self-parody, the White House statement and the Me-Me-Me-and-probably-Aretha speech so cringe-worthy. And ESC, Madama X's eye-patches and Madame X sucking Maluma's big toe did not help at all.
                                "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Joan of Arc still sounds amazing, should've been a radio single.
                                  Last edited by spiritboy; Mon December 30, 2019, 09:16.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I knew she would go to Maldives, she's staying at such a beautiful resort
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Is anyone here a fan of Evita?

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                                        Is anyone here a fan of Evita?
                                        I’d rather ask, How can a real fan not loving it?

That era was perfection...... and she was superb!!!

Comment

• She in evita was so magnificent.
                                          Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Evita... one of my favorite musicals, one of Madonna's best albums.

Comment

• Evita is terrible. Not because of M but because of the movie itself being a chore to get through. Even the music puts me to sleep. The only good thing about that era was the DCFMA Miami Mix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                                Evita is terrible. Not because of M but because of the movie itself being a chore to get through. Even the music puts me to sleep. The only good thing about that era was the DCFMA Miami Mix.
                                                OMG! A chore to get through???

I went to see the musical (before Madonna did the movie). It's a great story with brilliant music, even without Madonna.

But then Madonna did this movie and I went to the cinema three times as I just couldn't get enough of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                                  Evita is terrible. Not because of M but because of the movie itself being a chore to get through. Even the music puts me to sleep. The only good thing about that era was the DCFMA Miami Mix.
                                                  painful to read tbh

Comment

• Id rather watch The Next Best Thing 3 times in a row then sit through 30 min of Evita.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X