Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cindycgy View Post
    I feel like Madonna is being hated and discriminated against by both The Grammys and Oscars
    • she doesn't need awards that have lost their value. most of them are bought. and many are voted on by snob prehistoric dinosaurs who want you to worship them for them to nominate you. the corruption in those voting committees is disgusting.

Comment

• Eight ways Madonna changed the world, from exploring female sexuality to inventing reality TV

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/ar...d=tmg_share_tw

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
        Eight ways Madonna changed the world, from exploring female sexuality to inventing reality TV

"Long before Beyoncé and Taylor Swift, Madonna was the first female pop star to project an image of control, drive and fierce independence."

Last edited by MadonnaIcon; Thu January 30th, 2020, 13:26.

Comment

I feel like Madonna is being hated and discriminated against by both The Grammys and Oscars
          I disagree, Madonna has performanced 2x at Oscars and 4x at Grammy.

Comment

• Shadowplay
            Shadowplay commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, one thing is to perform at an Award Show as a promotional vehicle for one’s album (Grammys), another thing is to be awarded and considered.
            Plus she performed at the Oscars because her two songs were awarded, they give the Oscar to composers but an actual singer is needed...

I agree. They hate a strong outspoken and sexual woman like her
          Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

Eight ways Madonna changed the world, from exploring female sexuality to inventing reality TV

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I disagree as well.. for Grammys she was nominated 27 times I think, and she won 7 times, all of it a span from 1987-2010. Since 2010 there was not reason to nominate her, comparing to other artist and their results. Only one thing she could have been nominated for and she wasnt was in my opinion Like a Prayer, but this is obvious only now, in 1989 it was not that evident at all.
              Speaking about Oscars.. Maybe Masterpiece.. but it was her fault after all..
              Is it really love if it hurts? Is it really pain if it’s inside?

Comment

• ^ I think Like A Prayer should have won some Grammy's. It was obviously seen as a masterpiece from day 1.
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                  ^ I think Like A Prayer should have won some Grammy's. It was obviously seen as a masterpiece from day 1.
                  Unfortunately lots of great albums don't get the recognition they deserve initially. It's always later when critics start backtracking, which does say something about the longevity and timelessness about these projects, but it's a shame they couldn't be appreciated right away.
                  "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                  https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                  "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• Good old memory ❤️❤️❤️

https://youtu.be/W795W63n7mA

Comment

• Tracey Thorn about Madonna
                      https://www.newstatesman.com/culture...g-love-madonna

Comment

• Give it 2 Me is Madonna 36th Certified Silver Single in UK.

01. Holiday (Gold)
                        02. Like A Virgin (Gold)
                        03. Material Girl (Silver)
                        04. Crazy For You (Gold)
                        05. Into The Groove (Gold)
                        06. Gambler (Silver)
                        07. Dress You Up (Silver)
                        08. Borderline (Gold)
                        09. Live To Tell (Silver)
                        10. Papa Don't Preach (Gold)
                        11. True Blue (Silver)
                        12. Open Your Heart (Silver)
                        13. La Isla Bonita (Silver)
                        14. Who's That Girl? (Silver)
                        15. Like A Prayer (Gold)
                        16. Express Yourself (Silver)
                        17. Dear Jessie (Silver)
                        18. Vogue (Gold)
                        19. Hanky Panky (Silver)
                        20. Justify My Love (Silver)
                        21. This Used To Be My Playground (Silver)
                        22. Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Silver)
                        23. Frozen (Platinum)
                        24. Ray Of Light (Silver)
                        25. Nothing Really Matters (Silver)
                        26. Beautiful Stranger (Gold)
                        27. American Pie (Gold)
                        28. Music (Gold)
                        29. 4 Minutes (Platinum)
                        30. You'll See (Silver)
                        31. Sorry (Silver)
                        32. Hung Up (Platinum)
                        33. Die Another Day (Silver)
                        34. Don't Tell Me (Silver)
                        35. The Power Of Good-Bye (Silver)
                        36. Give It 2 Me (Silver)

Comment

• I wondered why Madonna YouTube views are so low compared to other artists. Her music videos are ones of the best, if not the best. Are people forgetting Madonna and do younger generation(s) not care for her music? I’m sad

https://kworb.net/youtube/artist/madonna.html

Comment

• ^Are you serious? ;-)
                            Madonna is among the ten most viewed veteran artist EVER, currently out streaming on daily basis all of them except MJ and Queen.
                            We all know rock bands tend to have crossover power and to appeal younger generations no matter what their leaders' age is.
                            Only Mariah Carey is above her among living solo/pop artists, and she’s not ever properly one of her peers.

Michael Jackson | 7,509,800 total views | 2,991,000 daily views
                            Queen | 6,031,000. | 3.333
                            Guns N’ Roses | 4,705,300 | 1.574
                            Mariah Carey | 4,220,300 | 1.149
                            AC/DC | 4,004,300 | 2.032
                            Red Hot Chili Peppers | 3,844,200 | 1.796
                            Bon Jovi | 3,828,600 | 1.198
                            Metallica | 3,268,000 | 2.035
                            Whitney Houston | 3,025,200 | 1.161
                            Madonna | 2,934,800 | 2.518
                            "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• How Mariah is not properly one of her peers? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                How Mariah is not properly one of her peers? lol
                                Hes obviously going by 70/80s artists. Mariah is a 90s/Soundscan artist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

Hes obviously going by 70/80s artists. Mariah is a 90s/Soundscan artist.
                                  Madonna became popular in the mid 80's and Mariah came out only 7 years. Both have long pop careers. They're peers.
                                  "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                                  https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                                  "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• Comment

She had deleted the video that had millions of views and now reposted it. Why? Who’s managing her social media and YouTube accounts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Madonna became popular in the mid 80's and Mariah came out only 7 years. Both have long pop careers. They're peers.
                                        When Mariah stepped into international scene, Madonna already had dominated the 80’s in every possible way and form.

whitney, Janet...... they’re M peers in my book!!

Comment

She had deleted the video that had millions of views and now reposted it. Why? Who’s managing her social media and YouTube accounts?
                                          What a mess . Really!

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                            whitney, Janet...... they’re M peers in my book!!
                                            Exactly. For the same reasons, as an example, Pink and Aguilera are Britney’s peers, not Rihanna, The Rolling Stones are Beatles’ peers, not Led Zeppelin, who debuted seven years later than them. It’s a matter of demographics.
                                            Last time Mariah had people going crazy for her and buying her albums massively (bar every year at Christmas, of course) was with TEOM in 2005. She was 35, had millions of kids ready to follow her and grow up with her, while Madonna was already 47 and dis wonders with Confessions. But US radios had already started not to play her. It’s pretty obvious, imho, that a younger demographics is what gives you YT views and healthy streaming numbers.
                                            Not to mention the fact that MJ had a unprecedented success among youngsters after his that, and Queen grew up in sales and streams after their biopic (or Abba after the movie).
                                            There’s nothing wrong in it.
                                            "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• They both are pre streaming and YT artists. Their figures are very similar. To many Whitney and Janet are Mariah peers, also Celine. They've been in the industry for a long time, but ok

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                They both are pre streaming and YT artists.
                                                So are Britney, Xtina, Justin, Pink and other late 90's and early 00's artists. You won't lump them with Madonna and Mariah too, right? Peers in music industry are people that started/broke out big around the same time (2-3 years apart the most). Madonna is not Mariah's peer. Madonna was a global superstar with multiple #1 albums and singles all over the world before Mariah even stepped foot on the scene. There's no way to justify them being peers. She's a completely different generation.

The only reason some may view them as peers is the fact Madonna managed to stretch her success to about the same time as Mariah (TEOM, COADF) so she remained in the spotlight together with Mariah for a decade and a half which can give off impression that they were popular during the same time, hence being peers, but are we really discounting the whole 80's which were huge for Madonna, are we?

Madonna's peers are Janet, Whitney, Prince, Cindy... All of them either started out or finally got (solo) hits around the time Madonna debuted in 1982. A lot of people also put Michael into the mix of her peers, but he already had huge solo hits in the 70's, so I never thought of him as her peer. Even though Thriller is what most people think was his huge breakthrough. But he had 3 #1 hits and multiple Top 10 hits throughout the 70's so he was more than well established before the Billie Jean storm.
                                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• At this point I consider Xtina or Britney, Mariah's peers. They're stablished in the industry snd they all have gone through a lot.
                                                  Mariah shares with Madonna and others the type of industry they lived in. The peak in record sellings (due to CDs), the way got in the scene, the type of artist..
                                                  Indeed, for so many Mariah and Whitney are a combo, even when the 2nd come out first.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X