No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Madonna album was Like A Virgin (on cassette) in summer 1985.
    In summer 1986 I bought my first Madonna LP: True Blue. I already bought the cassette, but we were on holiday in New Zealand and there I saw this blue vinyl edition with poster, so I just had to have it on vinyl as well.
    My first CD's by any artist were Madonna and Like A Virgin in summer 1986. As I had just bought the True Blue vinyl, I decided to buy the first two albums first on CD.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• In 1990 I bought three cassettes, in this order Im Breathless, Like a Prayer and The Imaculate Collection, and the first CD I bought was Erotica.

Comment

• Garbage's front woman Shirley Manson wrote some lovely things about Madonna on official Garbage IG.

Also M is mentioned twice on Doja Cat's album.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Amazing video, amazing looks:

Comment

• What a cool video - love how it pairs her age and look at the time with music she was creating around that time.

Comment

• Madonna's first album I bought was Ray of Light in 1998 when I was 15 years

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• No M at Glostonbury this year. Obvious, but Im still going to be disappointed.

Comment

• Madonna gets a mention in Roisin Murphy's newest interview as one of the first records she ever bought.

Róisín Murphy on her gay fanbase: ‘Hell, yes. I’ve come home'

The first record you bought…

It’s hard to remember what I bought and what was given to me by my aunt, who had an American diner with a jukebox. When she took the seven inches out the jukebox she would give them to me. "The Tide Is High" by Blondie was one that stood out for me and I remember going to buy Madonna's “Live To Tell”. The first seven inch I was obsessed with was “Ticket To Ride” by The Beatles, I must have been about six years old and I'd listen to it over and over and over again. I'm still like that now.
                    https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/cultur...mpression=true
                    I have received many gifts from God,
                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• No statement of Madonna being near to her european fans, expecially for the Italian lock down. It's really sad how M forget her italian rudes and always forget that italian fans are her most supportive fanbase.

Comment

• Sometimes people think too much...

Comment

• Originally posted by paperinobz View Post
                          No statement of Madonna being near to her european fans, expecially for the Italian lock down. It's really sad how M forget her italian rudes and always forget that italian fans are her most supportive fanbase.
                          Oh I forgot that a statement from Madonna is the cure to Coronavirus. My bad. What difference would it make?

Comment

• GaGarazzi you live in Australia and have no idea what we are living here

Comment

GaGarazzi you live in Australia and have no idea what we are living here
                              OK, but how is Madonna going to help you there? And it's not an Italy thing either, it's global. I don't see other big artists singling out countries in this whole thing or even making some huge support claims. And anyway it's not a cause where a support can do much, unlike certain human rights problems and other situations where an artists support can actually mean something. You're barking up the wrong tree.
                              I have received many gifts from God,
                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Lady Gaga twittered about cvd9 Yesterday. Madonna only wrote like it was hindering her tour. I find this attitude really selfish

Comment

• Filming Papa Don't Preach in 1986

Comment

GaGarazzi you live in Australia and have no idea what we are living here
                                    Yes I am Australian, but I'm currently living in France so I am well aware of the situation.

Comment

• Please steer the discussion to another topic.
                                      trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                      trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

No statement of Madonna being near to her european fans, expecially for the Italian lock down. It's really sad how M forget her italian rudes and always forget that italian fans are her most supportive fanbase.
                                        Preach!
                                        Consider that only one week ago there were people complaining about her “forced” (rotfl) to cancel her last dates in Paris: “Uh-oh, Macron stopped concerts with more than 2k people capacity, it’s not fairrrrrrr!!!” and thousands of us, just on the other side of the Alps, were already infected, dozens already dying.
                                        So what do you really expect from her and her fanbase? Solidarity? LOL.
                                        "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• I do think she lives in a bubble these days and she is not aware of the situation we are in, cause she wouldn't be giving the farewell party in Paris

She tweeted about police brutality in Turkey back in 2013 so maybe she'll post something about Italians and virus soon.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post

Yes I am Australian, but I'm currently living in France so I am well aware of the situation.
                                            You are so aware that you are going to vote this Sunday in France

Comment

• trebor
                                              trebor commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Warning!
                                              Please engage in an educated fashion of discussion. Give it a rest and don't single out your fellow posters.

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                            People are ridiculous.
                                            "Lift up your head
                                            Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• This music video from Kiesza has to be inspired by M's "Music". I didn't find any interview or comment to confirm, but... c'mom

Also, the song is 80's pop heaven!

Comment

• If Music had a budget of $100 yes.

Comment

• With Debi Mazar in 1989

Comment

Working...
                                                  X