No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a new interview, Rosie revealed that “she once attended a New Year’s Eve party that the “Material Girl” singer hosted while topless. However, O’Donnell says that she and Madonna have the kind of relationship that she can tell her to “go put a f**king shirt on.””

Comment

• Happy Bday American Life (single)

Comment

• I'll never get over that video being pulled. MASTERPIECE.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• RuPaul's Drag race is paying tribute to Madonna (yet again) this Friday. I don't follow this, but should be interesting to watch:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-sF2vrD__x/

“A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Almodovar has been keeping a quarantine diary. The latest entry is largely about Madonna, and how she treates him and others back in 1990 like “simpletons”. Surprise, surprise, Madonna was/is a bitch. Cher called it out. LOL

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/04/pe...na-1202223894/

Some key excerpts:

‘I say this because a year later the film “Madonna: Truth or Dare” premiered, and a great part of it is filmed at my party at the Palace. Antonio’s harassment was one of the main storylines and she, obviously, edited in how she dispatched Ana Leza with only one sentence. At the end of the dinner, Ana dared to get close to our table and told the divine blonde sarcastically, “I see you like my husband, it doesn’t surprise me, all women like him, but I don’t mind because I am very modern.” To which Madonna replied: “Get lost.”’

‘All this may seem frivolous, and it is, more like a chronicle written by Patty Diphusa than one written about the isolation we live in. But memory is that absurd when selecting things. I don’t mind if this seems like a settling of scores, if it had been the other way round (me filming Madonna and her team and making a film with all that material which I would then premiere around the world) I would have taken such a hit in the form of a lawsuit I’d still be recovering from it. Madonna treated us like simpletons and I had to say it one day. She didn’t ask for permission to use our images, and she even dubbed me, because my English mustn’t have been that good.’

Ouch.
            “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• With Tony Ward 1990-91

Comment

• That photo is from August 16, 1991, her birthday. The summer of '91 she sported jet black hair while filming A League of Their Own. It looked gorgeous on her. I always thought it hilarious that Madonna sported jet black hair while promoting her BLOND Ambition Tour documentary. Typical Madonna subversion! Always expect the unexpected.

Comment

• Found this forgotten on my old phone.

FOLLOW THE DUCK
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzF...RpLtZEEAHM1AEw

Comment

• UnapologeticKenny
                    UnapologeticKenny commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice view you had!

I love this performance/version of LAV. Thanks for sharing.

• Originally posted by TonyPepperoni View Post
                  That photo is from August 16, 1991, her birthday. The summer of '91 she sported jet black hair while filming A League of Their Own. It looked gorgeous on her. I always thought it hilarious that Madonna sported jet black hair while promoting her BLOND Ambition Tour documentary. Typical Madonna subversion! Always expect the unexpected.
                  Back in the day I hoped she would stick with the dark hair for a longer period of time.
                  Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• She's iconic as a blond, but I've always enjoyed seeing her return to dark hair. She looked fantastic in the God Control video.

Comment

• Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• I can’t at OCC “celebrating” 30 years from Vogue’s number one, presenting it in this way: “Here's Madonna is lip-synching for her life at the 1990 MTV Awards in a classic performance“.
                        "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• I did not know she was on Tik Tok.
                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• 82 Madonna singles ranked.

https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...ingles-ranked/

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                              Always love a Madonna ranking. However, as usual, the dismissal of her recent material, as well as the recurring allegations of her trying to “hold on” to current trends in pop music is irritating. It’s the same old clichéd accusations thrown at older female artists. I honestly think at this point of her career, Madonna just likes to have fun and experiment, while also pushing the boundaries of her creativity here and there. I’m confident the world will appreciate her 2010s output more in the future.

Comment

• What a pointless list, they clearly struggled to write comments to most songs. I've always wondered why Slant was obsessed with lists and rankings. Like how they published the best albums of the 1980s and 1990s many years ago and they kept doing them for one single year, using most of the same text they had written years earlier...

Comment

• Originally posted by Elazul View Post
                                  What a pointless list, they clearly struggled to write comments to most songs. I've always wondered why Slant was obsessed with lists and rankings. Like how they published the best albums of the 1980s and 1990s many years ago and they kept doing them for one single year, using most of the same text they had written years earlier...
                                  I know, right? Just the text under "Bitch, I'm Madonna" is absolutely ridiculous:

"Yes. Yes, you are. And you ******* ought to know better. Henderson"

emmm....

Comment

• Watchmojo included Madonna / "American Life" on their list of artists that ruined their careers with one album.

#JusticeForAmericanLife
                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• I just watched that video. And while the album did have a negative effect on her in image and mostly in the USA, COADF ruled the world pretty much when it came out. Also shitting on it just shows they did a lame Google search to make this video as the album is pretty great. One would think she raps in the whole album and not just in one song.

Also having Mardi Gras from CCR as a (dis)honorable mention pretty much confirms they slapped albums just to fill out the video as that album was going to be bad and problematic since Fogerty, the main creative force behind CCR left the band, the rest of the members weren't exactly getting along either during the recording and the band disbanded soon after the release. The writing on the wall was already there for CCR, with Mardi Gras or without it.

Comment

• Laughable! She destroyed her career? AL went to number 1 anyway, the RIT was super successful, and Confessions came afterwards and it added another undeniable career high for Madonna. Also, since AL, she’s had 4 number 1 albums in the US, hit the road with hugely successful tours, did the Superbowl, I mean... the list keeps going. Plus, AL might’ve been controversial but we know that only means one thing when it comes to Madonna: creative high — of which AL, Erotica, LAP and even MX totally are fine examples.

Comment

• FEATURES

All 82 Madonna Singles Ranked

https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...ingles-ranked/

Comment

• 1990 - At Pedro Almodovar's party in Madrid.

Comment

• Comment

• Exceptional!

Comment

• A phone call while filming La Isla Bonita. Calling Sean?
                                                  Last edited by upushme; Thu April 16, 2020, 13:48.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X