No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medellín is now out of her top 10 most popular songs, replaced by the album version of Like a Prayer which is one of the reasons why they should be merged

https://imgur.com/MaHGErD

Comment

• Her Hung Up live performance at Coachella 2006 post on her YouTube channel today is mesmerizing

I wish she would release another album as good as COADF

Comment

• She has and had released better then COADF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
          She has and had released better then COADF.
          Yeah I get why COADF would be overrated by her fans but she has made better records. Put I Love New York on any other album and people would call it her worst ever.

Overall though some lyrics are uninspired and I think the reason why it's overrated is just because it used disco sounds and 80% of her fans are old gays who want her to just sing and dance on stage. It feels she's more creatively fulfilled when she's doing an American Life, Erotica or Madame X.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commotion View Post

Yeah I get why COADF would be overrated by her fans but she has made better records. Put I Love New York on any other album and people would call it her worst ever.

Overall though some lyrics are uninspired and I think the reason why it's overrated is just because it used disco sounds and 80% of her fans are old gays who want her to just sing and dance on stage. It feels she's more creatively fulfilled when she's doing an American Life, Erotica or Madame X.
            I agree with this sooo much. Those “fans” just want her to keep her politics/opinions to herself and release dance music with cliched/silly lyrics. They can go listen to Kylie, I say. I’m so glad M never really does what her fans want her to do.
            “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Deleted
              Last edited by jjavier1978; Fri May 22nd, 2020, 03:28.
              Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• "Confessions" is not overrated IMO, it got everything (sales and acclaim) as deserved for being a body of work with high detail and quality in addition of being extremely well produced.

and yes it's dance with influences of Disco but it isn't this bubbly safe happy dance generic album, not at all, in fact COADF is quite dark, introspective and moody / atmospheric in it's majority. Songs like "Let It Wil Be", "Forbidden Love", "Jump", "How High", "Isaac" and "Like It Or Not" are great artistic statements.

it isn't her best album but hell it is among her best ones.
                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                  "Confessions" is not overrated IMO, it got everything (sales and acclaim) as deserved for being a body of work with high detail and quality in addition of being extremely well produced.

and yes it's dance with influences of Disco but it isn't this bubbly safe happy dance generic album, not at all, in fact COADF is quite dark, introspective and moody / atmospheric in it's majority. Songs like "Let It Wil Be", "Forbidden Love", "Jump", "How High", "Isaac" and "Like It Or Not" are great artistic statements.

it isn't her best album but hell it is among her best ones.
                  I get that, maybe I overplayed it cus when I listen to it I recognise it's a really good album. I feel Jump is kind of generic, How High lacks some punch and is repetitive, she's said she wrote Hung Up in 10 minutes and she feels stupid singing Sorry. I don't get some production decisions (if you listen to her voice in Nothing Fails and then Hung Up back to back you can see it's quite stark how much her voice was edited).

And personally I don't like how there was that abrupt stop to the American Life Madonna, political and critical, and then she shuts up about her opinions and people wanna listen to her again. I think she missed that part of her too and it took her until Madame X to get back to it.

Comment

• The production on her voice is the best thing about CoADF because her "crow" voice was already coming. Stuart knew how to use vocal layering to hide that. How High isnt repetitive either... it literally follows a verse/chorus structure. Now there are some generic songs like ILNY and Push. I like them, but i can recognize that they are weaker. I also am not that big a fan of Future Lovers. Its mostly talking.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Madonna followed Lana Del Rey on Instagram
                        Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                        My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                        Forever and always!

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post
                          Madonna followed Lana Del Rey on Instagram
                          Yet Lana didn’t follow her back. It’s always puzzled me that all these younger divas allegedly admire Madonna, but none of them seem particularly keen on her, really... P!nk and Kelly Clarkson also were (have been?) huge Madonna fans for years yet they don’t follow her on social media either...
                          “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Angeman
                            Angeman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Madonnas instagram is an assualt on the senses most of the time. So I dont blame them.

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post

Yet Lana didn’t follow her back. It’s always puzzled me that all these younger divas allegedly admire Madonna, but none of them seem particularly keen on her, really... P!nk and Kelly Clarkson also were (have been?) huge Madonna fans for years yet they don’t follow her on social media either...
                          Britney follows Madonna. Her most loyal diva fan!

Not even the so-called fan “I admire her so much” Kylie Minogue follows Madonna on Instagram.

It’s not that Madonna follows many divas on Instagram though. She only follows Britney, Rihanna, Taylor, Miley, Katy, Lana, Ariana and Gaga.

and it bugs me that Rihanna and Gaga don’t follow her back btw.

Also I’m surprised that Madonna doesn’t follow Beyoncé on Instagram. She doesn’t follow Kylie, Adele, J.Lo, Shakira, Xtina, P!nk, Gwen, Mariah, Janet or Celine either.
                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Unlike most of her peers, Britney is a humble and lovely queen! Madonna is the ultimate queen and every single musician (male of female) should show her great respect.
                            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Who would want to follow Madonna on Instagram tho.
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                Who would want to follow Madonna on Instagram tho.
                                15,1 million people.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Bob Dylan stans! That's pretty cool.
                                    https://twitter.com/JustJared/status...574855680?s=20

Comment

• Guy Oseary no longer running Maverick to focus on Madonna and U2

Guy Oseary decided to stop running Maverick to have more time to focus on management of Madonna and U2.

Oseary has “stepped down” from the day-to-day running Maverick, the management collective he founded in 2014.

“I’m ready for my new chapter and welcome the opportunity to have more time to focus on management of Madonna and U2 while furthering my passion for identifying and incubating revolutionary businesses,” said Oseary in a statement.

Moving forward, Oseary will segue to a consulting role with Live Nation, specifically for CEO Michael Rapino for the next three years, while continuing to represent Madonna and U2 under the Maverick banner. A statement by Live Nation notes that Oseary will be “concentrating on his entrepreneurial interests, investing in and incubating companies on the cutting edge of technology and entertainment.”

Partnered with Ashton Kutcher in venture capital firm Sound Ventures, Oseary’s investments include prescient stakes in Uber, Airbnb, Spotify, Pinterest and Square, among others. He’s also an investor in Peloton and the co-founder of budding social media platform Community.

Said Rapino: “Guy built an incredible team at Maverick and his work with U2 and Madonna is unmatched. Live Nation has always been about putting the artist first and no one knows that better than Guy. I look forward to continuing our work together on projects including U2, Madonna and beyond.”

https://www.drownedmadonna.com/2020/...Dp6dR3TjWB24fo
                                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I wished it was the opposite. Stay at Maverick and leave Madonna to someone more talented.
                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• UnapologeticKenny
                                          UnapologeticKenny commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          For one second I thought that was the case. Just a moment of happiness though...

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                        I wished it was the opposite. Stay at Maverick and leave Madonna to someone more talented.
                                        Exactly

Comment

Working...
                                        X