Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
    BACK IN THE GROOVE Madonna quits record label Interscope after a decade to return to Warner who kicked off superstar’s career

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...el-interscope/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...gn=sharebarweb

BACK IN THE GROOVE: Madonna quits record label Interscope after a decade to return to Warner who kicked off superstar’s career
    EXCLUSIVE
    From Simon Boyle's Bizarre Column
    7 Aug 2020, 21:30

MADONNA turns 62 next weekend and now she has another reason to celebrate.

I can reveal the queen of pop has left her label Interscope after almost a decade and is poised to sign an eight-figure deal to return to Warner Records — the label which helped her become a superstar in the first 25 years of her career.

Madonna has quit her record label Interscope after a decade

The Hung Up singer, who has sold 300million records worldwide to become the best-selling female musician of all time, signed a three-album deal in 2011 with Interscope — home to acts including the Rolling Stones and U2 — but has recently parted company with them.

It means she is in line to secure a big-money deal to ­continue releasing albums throughout her sixties, back at the label where she started her ­incredible music career.

The move follows the release in 2019 of her critically acclaimed 14th album Madame X and subsequent tour, which ended in March.

A music insider said: “Madonna is still a force to be reckoned with.

The queen of pop is set to return to Warner, the label who kicked off the superstar’s career

“The fact is, she sells records, people around the world adore her and every label would love to have her on their books.

“Now that her deal with Interscope has come to an end, she is a free agent and can choose where to go next — and Warner feels like the best place given their history.

“But Madonna comes at a hefty price. She can command big money and wants to make sure whatever deal she signs is the best thing for her and her music.”

The star is due to return to the charts on Friday as a featured artist on Dua Lipa’s new single Levitating along with Missy Elliott, both of whom are signed to Warner.

As one of the biggest and best characters in music, let’s hope she doesn’t leave it too long before she returns with more tunes of her own.

Comment

• Originally posted by britneyliam View Post
      Will warner music group have her catalogs certification updated?
      WBR could certify about 32 singles. Whitney and Mariah's labels have been updating their catalog singles/albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post

WBR could certify about 32 singles. Whitney and Mariah's labels have been updating their catalog singles/albums.
        I once looked for her singles certifications, specially the 80's are a mess, right?
        I feel like she has a lot of Gold singles that could be Platinum, and i'm sure singles like Vogue, Like a Prayer, Hung Up, 4 Minutes, etc...joining physical sales, digital and streaming, she could actually get a huge advantage.

Do you have a detailed list of everything you think could be upgraded? If so, could you point that out for me?
        "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

• ^I write this out a few months ago:

80s:

*Holiday 1xP
          Borderline 1xP
          *Lucky Star 1xP

Like A Virgin 3xP
          *Material Girl 1xP
          Crazy For You 1xP
          *Angel Gold
          *Into The Groove Gold
          *Dress You Up 1xP

*Live To Tell 1xP
          Papa Don't Preach 1xP
          True Blue 1xP
          *Open Your Heart - 1xP
          *La Isla Bonita - 2xP

*Who's That Girl 1xP
          *Causing A Commotion Gold

Like A Prayer 3xp
          Express Yourself 1xP
          *Cherish Gold

*12 new singles certified
          7 updated

Comment

• thebigham
            thebigham commented
            Editing a comment
            I "wrote" this out...

• 90s:

Keep It Together Gold - no change

Vogue 3xp
          Hanky Panky Gold - no change

Justify My Love 1xp - no change
          Rescue Me Gold - no change

This Used To Be My Playground Gold - no change

Erotica 1xP
          *Deeper And Deeper Gold

I'll Remember Gold - no change

Secret 1xP
          Take A Bow 1xP

You'll See Gold - no change

You Must Love Me Gold - no change

Frozen 1xP
          Ray of Light 1xP

*Beautiful Stranger Gold

2 new singles
          6 updated

Comment

• 00s:

Music 2xP
            Don't Tell Me 1xP

*Die Another Day Gold

Hung Up 2xP

4 Minutes 3xP

10s:

Give Me All Your Lovin' Gold - no change

*B.itch, I'm Madonna Gold

2 new singles
            4 updated

Totals:

Updating existing RIAA certs: 17
            New singles certified: 16

= 33 singles eligible for updated RIAA certs

Comment

• Hmmm, Madonna's recent IG post is interesting. She's describing her Blond Ambition Tour opening outfit as someone takes note. She also mentioned screenplay. Hmmm, something for us to look forward to.

Comment

• Finally. I’m sure I speak for the majority of M fans and say good riddance to Interscope! Hope she is back at WB. Maybe they can actually promote her the way she deserves!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                  Finally. I’m sure I speak for the majority of M fans and say good riddance to Interscope! Hope she is back at WB. Maybe they can actually promote her the way she deserves!
                  Completely agree with ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                    Hmmm, Madonna's recent IG post is interesting. She's describing her Blond Ambition Tour opening outfit as someone takes note. She also mentioned screenplay. Hmmm, something for us to look forward to.
                    She's probably writing the script of her biopic with Oscar winner screenwriter Diablo Cody.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Just so happy that she's back with Warner. A collab with Ed Sheeran or Bruno Mars or Lizzo will now be possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by fox69 View Post
                        Just so happy that she's back with Warner. A collab with Ed Sheeran or Bruno Mars or Lizzo will now be possible.
                        A big NO to all of them

No collabs or autotune please.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I do have high hopes with the return to Warner

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                            00s:

Music 2xP
                            Don't Tell Me 1xP

*Die Another Day Gold

Hung Up 2xP

4 Minutes 3xP

10s:

Give Me All Your Lovin' Gold - no change

*B.itch, I'm Madonna Gold

2 new singles
                            4 updated

Totals:

Updating existing RIAA certs: 17
                            New singles certified: 16

= 33 singles eligible for updated RIAA certs
                            And the Albums and DVDs?
                            Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Great move. So happy for her comeback to warner. It's way better than live shition.
                              Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• I've yet to see an official announcement

Comment

• Yes, there is no confirmation yet. Today Variaty posted about her leaving Interscope, which is good news by itself. Hope we have some more solid info in a near future.

A return to Warner would be great since her vast catalog remains there.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                    I've yet to see an official announcement
                                    Billboard said she has not signed with Warner nor any label.

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• I expect the announcement to come soon, probably around Levitating release date.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I feel this is the right move for her. Her LiveNation years did much damage to her brand
                                          jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• Her moving back to Warner won't change a thing. If anything, it will only make things worse, as Interscope is a bigger & wealthier label than Warner.

Comment

• The move will be good, because now, maybe they will update her certifications and she gets back at being the #2 female singer again. And maybe a few re releases and b sides and rarities. It's a good move for both Madonna and Warner to capitalize on her back catalogue.
                                              "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• And maybe having everything in 4K from videos to tours.
                                                A fan can dream...
                                                "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
                                                  Her moving back to Warner won't change a thing. If anything, it will only make things worse, as Interscope is a bigger & wealthier label than Warner.
                                                  It doesn't matter what label is wealthier, but how much they're willing to invest in the artist.
                                                  When we lose what we love
                                                  Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                                  When we lose what we love
                                                  Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

Working...
                                                  X