• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun article.

https://www.slantmagazine.com/lists/...xXT-Ey7-rq4szw

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
      I love that article and agree with most of them but Skin is missing. It's one of her best album tracks in my opinion.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Em... I can see why they chose what they chose but...
        20) Devil Pray: grew tired of it pretty fast
        19) Physical Attraction: Agreed but it ain't a deep cut, it was a single
        18) Guilty By Association: doesn't do anything for me sorry
        17) Easy Ride: love the melody, the lyrics needed a bit more work
        16) Beat Goes On: Agreed
        15) God Control: if it has a video, it ain't a deep cut
        14) Over And Over: Good but not great
        13) Isaac: Em, no, Ofra did it much better
        12) Has To Be: Agreed
        11) Waiting: Agreed
        10) Sky Fits Heaven: Agreed
        09) Paradise: Agreed
        08) I Want You: once again, if it has a video, it ain't a deep cut
        07) Inside Of Me: Agreed
        06) Sanctuary: Agreed X10
        05) Thief Of Hearts: Agreed, this one was screaming: "make me a single, make me a single"
        04) 'Till Death Do Us Part: Agreed
        03) Sooner Or Later: Agreed but since it won an Academy Award, it cannot be considered a deep cut, right?
        02) Impressive Instant: Agreed
        01) Secret Garden: surprised by this choice but totally agreed
        jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• Madonna at #2 this week in the UKMIX chart:

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10453223

Could it be #1 next week?
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
            Em... I can see why they chose what they chose but...
            20) Devil Pray: grew tired of it pretty fast
            19) Physical Attraction: Agreed but it ain't a deep cut, it was a single
            18) Guilty By Association: doesn't do anything for me sorry
            17) Easy Ride: love the melody, the lyrics needed a bit more work
            16) Beat Goes On: Agreed
            15) God Control: if it has a video, it ain't a deep cut
            14) Over And Over: Good but not great
            13) Isaac: Em, no, Ofra did it much better
            12) Has To Be: Agreed
            11) Waiting: Agreed
            10) Sky Fits Heaven: Agreed
            09) Paradise: Agreed
            08) I Want You: once again, if it has a video, it ain't a deep cut
            07) Inside Of Me: Agreed
            06) Sanctuary: Agreed X10
            05) Thief Of Hearts: Agreed, this one was screaming: "make me a single, make me a single"
            04) 'Till Death Do Us Part: Agreed
            03) Sooner Or Later: Agreed but since it won an Academy Award, it cannot be considered a deep cut, right?
            02) Impressive Instant: Agreed
            01) Secret Garden: surprised by this choice but totally agreed
            Sky fits Heaven and Till death do Us part are some of my Audiophiles buddies' favorite tracks

and one of my all-time fav is Over & Over (YCD) version

Comment

• I think they forgot words and spanish eyes

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

one of my all-time fav is Over & Over (YCD) version
                Same here. Never cared much for the original on the Like A Virgin album, but the You Can Dance version is just brilliant.

Comment

• Remix albums: the best, biggest and highest charting

Madonna – You Can Dance
                  Released: 1987

Madonna’s first remix album set the bar for how it should be done. You Can Dance contains remixes from her first three albums (though the focus was on her self-titled 1983 debut) and a new track, Spotlight, all re-worked with the help of producer John “Jellybean” Benitez and True Blue producer Patrick Leonard. Many of the well-known tracks – including Holiday and Into The Groove – feature completely new elements, a relatively new concept at the time. You Can Dance reached Number 5 in the UK and is reportedly the second best-selling remix album of all time globally, with estimated sales of 5 million.
                  https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...arting__30793/
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• I was always puzzled as to why "Physical Attraction" was included in its album version in a remix album
                    jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• For me, “Spanish Eyes”, “Thief Of Hearts”, “Sanctuary”, “Sky Fits Heaven”, “Mer Girl”, “Impressive Instant”, “I Deserve it” and “Let It Will Be” are among her greatest deep cuts.
                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Zeph
                        Zeph commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Totally agree with Let It Will Be and I Deserve It.

LIWB was just another level all around.

• True Blue era

Comment

• Is that Spotify album "Tokyo 1987" official?

it's not available on my app , I can see it on my desktop but I can't play it

Comment

• Originally posted by upushme View Post
                          [IMG2=JSON]

True Blue era
                          It's from the Open Your Heart video.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                            Is that Spotify album "Tokyo 1987" official?

it's not available on my app , I can see it on my desktop but I can't play it
                            No it has been on there for a while, but not in every country. It doesnt appear at all for United States users. Bootlegs appear from time to time.

I wish we had audio from all her tours though.

Comment

• AndiIversen
                              AndiIversen commented
                              Editing a comment
                              ohh so that's why it's missing from all of my devices (but the PC, where I use a VPN, still can't play it either way)

• Do you know who is currently managing Madonna’s career and legacy? Whoever that is, that person is doing a very very poor job.

Comment

• Originally posted by iamwhoiam View Post
                              Do you know who is currently managing Madonna’s career and legacy? Whoever that is, that person is doing a very very poor job.
                              I (firmly) believe it's this here flower the one responsible for her legacy

Comment

• Originally posted by iamwhoiam View Post
                                Do you know who is currently managing Madonna’s career and legacy? Whoever that is, that person is doing a very very poor job.
                                Madonna of course. On paper, Guy Oseary is her manager but i doubt she listen to him much.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

No it has been on there for a while, but not in every country. It doesnt appear at all for United States users. Bootlegs appear from time to time.

I wish we had audio from all her tours though.
                                  Yes and unfortunately :(
                                  I still remember when The Girlie Show and Blond Ambition were there ugh ! I used to listen to them like crazy lol

Comment

• Just wanted to say Madame X is a great album, minus Batuka, that is a horrid song to listen all of it.

Comment

• I never got into Batuka either. I tried and oh, yes I tried. It did nothing for me and I actually couldn’t care for it at all. One of the few M tracks I can actually say that about.

Comment

• I love Batuka. The music video made me like it even more. The MXT performance was probably my fave performance seeing in person. It was incredible live.

Comment

• I came out liking I Rise a lot more after seeing it live then before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                            I love Batuka. The music video made me like it even more. The MXT performance was probably my fave performance seeing in person. It was incredible live.
                                            Batuka live is magical!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                                              I came out liking I Rise a lot more after seeing it live then before.
                                              I guess, but I Rise is such a beige song. It tries to be an anthem when really it makes me want to skip it halfway through when you realize its not going anywhere. The remixes of it are better imo.

Comment

• DUPE
                                                Last edited by Zeph; Thu August 27, 2020, 08:37.

Comment

Working...
                                                X