Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    28 years later, Madonna is the only relevant one who can debut albums in top 3 of most major markets.
    Exactly
    Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• My journal from 30 years ago today, Oct. 24, 1990:

"found out Madonna's new album is called The Immaculate Collection"

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
        My journal from 30 years ago today, Oct. 24, 1990:

"found out Madonna's new album is called The Immaculate Collection"
        Nov. 9 1990:

"Bought Madonna's new album and it only has two new songs wtf"
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Nov. 9 1990:

There was a 3rd song called Get Over recorded and intended for the album, but scrapped for reasons unknown (probably couldn’t fit on the album!)

Nick Scotti recorded it and Madonna sings the backing vocals - not a fan

Words are useless, especially sentences.
          they don’t stand for anything.
          How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Nov. 9 1990:

I was sooooooo happy it had two new songs. Back in 1990 it was very unusual for a compilation album to have new songs featured.

Originally posted by menime123 View Post

There was a 3rd song called Get Over recorded and intended for the album, but scrapped for reasons unknown (probably couldn’t fit on the album!)

This was not strong enough for a Hits album.
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• She looks 18 here
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• I don't know if it's lost in the translation, but those were terrible questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

yeah the CD had like 74min capacity and sometimes they could stretch it to 80 min but you'd get a compressed mess sometimes and TIC clocks in at around 73:30 so it was almost filled to the brim

sometimes I wished we could've got a 2CD set instead but that may have killed even more of her back album sales

Comment

• Listening to the album right now. Very, very underrated.

Comment

• Happy Bday Bedtime Stories

My fav tracks are: well most of them , I only never made friends with TAB and I'd Rather be your lover

Comment

• "Human Nature" is so iconic.

Comment

• Bedtime Stories is actually the first CD I ever bought .
                          I bought it as soon as I left school,on my way home.
                          I remember listening to the album as soon as I got home and the only song I couldn't get into was Bedtime Story. It was so different of everything Madonna had done up to that point and felt so disjointed on what was an otherwise amazing album to me lol
                          Now a days,bedtime story is not only my second fave in the album but one of my fave madonna songs overall as well. Can't believe it's been 26 years since its release date wow

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

yeah the CD had like 74min capacity and sometimes they could stretch it to 80 min but you'd get a compressed mess sometimes and TIC clocks in at around 73:30 so it was almost filled to the brim
                            74 minutes was the most that could fit on a CD back then. Later on it was possible to fit 80 minutes. Shame it wasn't possible in 1990 as Who's That Girl should have been present on TIC IMO.
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Does anybody know here if Madonna's father is still alive and how old he is? I couldn't find information about that on the internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel X View Post
                                Does anybody know here if Madonna's father is still alive and how old he is? I couldn't find information about that on the internet.
                                he is alive and prob ~85-90 years old
                                Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel X View Post
                                  Does anybody know here if Madonna's father is still alive and how old he is? I couldn't find information about that on the internet.
                                  Silvio Ciccone is 89 years old. Oddly enough he is featured on IMDB thanks to his appearances on M’s films:

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0162007/
                                  A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else. - Bette Davis

Comment

• Madonna’s Dad and stepmother co-own a vineyard - aptly named Ciccone Vineyard & Winery - and their website has a little bit of info on him on their ‘about us’ page:

https://cicconevineyard.com/about/

Interestingly it mentions Madonna’s brother Mario and sister Paula essentially run it now, making it a real family business. I think (but don’t quote me) that Madonna co-owns it too, or at least helped them buy it. Madonna isn’t mentioned on the website anywhere (which is classy) but I’m sure they sold a limited edition COADF wine back in the day though.

Thank you Google:

Words are useless, especially sentences.
                                    they don’t stand for anything.
                                    How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• YouTube Channel Is a mess. I know someone said video are automatically uploaded. But the owner has the control and can remove everything. Have a look to last video uploaded. There Is written ,"las mujeres tienes el poder" mdna Vogue audio with eloquent pic
                                      Last edited by paperinobz; Tue October 27, 2020, 21:32.

Comment

Madonna’s Dad ...
                                        As I saw his pic and started reading this,my heart skipped a beat thinking he could've passed

Comment

• Let her do whatever she likes, she is the artist after all.

Comment

It's a good song but it sounds "1988/1989"" and not "1990/1991" (like "Justify My Love" and "Rescue Me"). It wouldn't have worked as a single in 1990-1991 at all.
                                            jio CHARTS NOW: 31/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10741544

Comment

• His obsession with Madonna is weird...

Comment

• Bitter old man obsessed with someone successful
                                                Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• I like that "Shit On The Ground" song and although I thought I had heard all her early days stuff, I never heard that one before. Maybe she should release it? Hmmm
                                                  jio CHARTS NOW: 31/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10741544

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Working...
                                                    X