Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jio View Post
    I like that "Shit On The Ground" song and although I thought I had heard all her early days stuff, I never heard that one before. Maybe she should release it? Hmmm

it’s been out on YouTube for years but is more commonly known as ‘Safe Neighbourhood’.
    Words are useless, especially sentences.
    they don’t stand for anything.
    How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• Breathless Mahoney doll
      Last edited by upushme; Sat October 31, 2020, 13:41.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
        How long for like a prayer HD on YouTube? 2029?

Comment

• Jennifer Lopez dressed up as Like A Virgin Madonna for Halloween and she totally slayed that look.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
            Jennifer Lopez dressed up as Like A Virgin Madonna for Halloween and she totally slayed that look.
            JLo was actually supposed to be part of Madonna’s 2003 VMA Like a Virgin/Hollywood performance instead of Xtina.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

JLo was actually supposed to be part of Madonna’s 2003 VMA Like a Virgin/Hollywood performance instead of Xtina.
              I know, she'd never do that kiss though. I also heard Pink was asked before Christina and she rejected after hearing the kiss
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• The thought of Jlo and Pink being the ones to kiss Madonna is so... anticlimactic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                  The thought of Jlo and Pink being the ones to kiss Madonna is so... anticlimactic.
                  Agreed - Britney and Xtina were the perfect pair because they were huge huge in 2003 and had that faux rivalry thing going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

I know, she'd never do that kiss though. I also heard Pink was asked before Christina and she rejected after hearing the kiss
                    The odd part though is Madonna and JLo supposedly had beef at a millennium NYE party, so it just seemed very unlikely. I’m not sure if she was ever asked.

Pink did turn it down but was never told about the kiss. She didn’t want to commit to doing Madonna’s rehearsal schedule, instead offering to learn it separately and rock up on the day

As obvious a choice Christina was, I do wonder if Madonna didn’t initially offer an invitation because she was worried about being vocally overshadowed. I know they turned Christina’s mic all the way down once Madonna came on stage.

Comment

• "Something to Remember" came out 25 years ago today.
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                        "Something to Remember" came out 25 years ago today.
                        I played it in full last night. Such a beautiful collection of ballads.

Comment

• there's a lot of anniversaries this month! Evita, STR, YCD, TIC, LAV...

Comment

• Comment

• That friendship didn't last very long lol
                              jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• I don’t think they were ever friends. I’m sure he was scared of her. Lol
                                “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                                  That friendship didn't last very long lol
                                  good for madonna xx
                                  Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                  Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
                                    I don’t think they were ever friends. I’m sure he was scared of her. Lol
                                    Exactly. In fact I think Michael disliked her a lot. They met and it just didn’t work, they didn’t get along. It happens.
                                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• And yes, the original 2003 VMA performance was going to be Madonna, Britney and J.Lo, weird combo IMO but this is confirmed. It is also known Madonna even had a personal meeting with both Britney and J.Lo in someone’s mansion and after that meeting J.Lo dropped out of the performance, she was out of it. It was never confirmed to the public the exact reason for J.Lo to leave but it has always been speculated she freaked out about the kiss part and quit.

.. P!nk was also asked to do the performance but she never knew about the kiss and she couldn’t do it because she was on vacation outside the USA when she was offered to do it. She was willing to do it and even asked Madonna to wait for her to return to the US but Madonna said no as she wanted to rehearse immediately so she called someone else and that’s how Xtina ended up involved.
                                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Exactly. In fact I think Michael disliked her a lot. They met and it just didn’t work, they didn’t get along. It happens.

Well, not quite. They met a few times - the picture on the previous page was was from 1984/85 and we know they started hanging out again in 1991. According to Madonna they were comfortable enough to have a cheeky kiss, and MJ at least liked her enough to consider working with her on ‘In The Closet’.

We all know what Madge was like in 1990/1991 (TOD) which was everything MJ wasn’t. They weren’t compatible in any way and any project they might have ended up doing would never have lived up to the hype of the King & Queen of Pop.

Comment

Well, not quite. They met a few times - the picture on the previous page was was from 1984/85 and we know they started hanging out again in 1991. According to Madonna they were comfortable enough to have a cheeky kiss, and MJ at least liked her enough to consider working with her on ‘In The Closet’.

We all know what Madge was like in 1990/1991 (TOD) which was everything MJ wasn’t. They weren’t compatible in any way and any project they might have ended up doing would never have lived up to the hype of the King & Queen of Pop.
                                          No, Michael didn’t like her. He spoke really bad of her later, he said he didn’t enjoy hanging out with her because she was always rude to people and treating everyone bad. He even went as far as saying she wasn’t a nice person.

Then for the “In The Closet” duet Michael had enough... they couldn’t get along even artistically because Madonna was all bossy trying to make the song and video her way even though it was Michael’s song for his own album.

I can understand that she wasn’t obligated to record something she was not comfortable with and that she wanted to have input .. but all of that scene basically for nothing considering years later she ended up surrendering to whatever song Britney Spears threw at her and shot a music video she didn’t even like for it .... all the things she bitched about regarding that Michael collab was what she ended up doing for Britney.

She could’ve had a duet with Michael .... but ... anyways.
                                          Last edited by MrLeonix; Thu November 5, 2020, 02:09.

Comment

No, Michael didn’t like her. He spoke really bad of her later, he said he didn’t enjoy hanging out with her because she was always rude to people and treating everyone bad. He even went as far as saying she wasn’t a nice person.

Then for the “In The Closet” duet Michael had enough... they couldn’t get along even artistically because Madonna was all bossy trying to make the song and video her way even though it was Michael’s song for his own album.

I can understand that she wasn’t obligated to record something she was not comfortable with and that she wanted to have input .. but all of that scene basically for nothing considering years later she ended up surrendering to whatever song Britney Spears threw at her and shot a music video she didn’t even like for it .... all the things she bitched about regarding that Michael collab was what she ended up doing for Britney.

She could’ve had a duet with Michael .... but ... anyways.
                                            I don’t really know how you can say I’m wrong then literally go on to explain why I’m wrong using reasons that complement the very things I said

As per my original post, we all know what Madonna was like in 1990/1991. Yet they hung out, went to the Oscars together and got a little intimate. But he liked her enough to do those things at the time, no matter what he may have later said.

Put it this way, he liked her enough to ask her to perform with him in London in 2009 - and she said yes.

In The Closet didn’t happen because Janet told MJ not to do the music video Madonna had suggested. The song was MJ’s but Madonna was at her peak celebrity - she wasn’t going to just feature as an extra and let him use her fame for his own benefit: she tried to create something meaningful and as much hers and it was his.

In terms of MATM, Britney confirms she asked Madonna to do the song after Madonna heard Britney’s solo version. Madonna almost didn’t sign off on the video because she disliked how she looked and had not enjoyed working with the director (it was their second shoot in as many months I think and she wasn’t a fan). The video was tweaked and Madonna signed off on it... and has ignored it ever since

Put it this way - she’s never featured in anyone else’s video since that mess

Comment

In The Closet didn’t happen because Janet told MJ not to do the music video Madonna had suggested. The song was MJ’s but Madonna was at her peak celebrity - she wasn’t going to just feature as an extra and let him use her fame for his own benefit: she tried to create something meaningful and as much hers and it was his.

In terms of MATM, Britney confirms she asked Madonna to do the song after Madonna heard Britney’s solo version. Madonna almost didn’t sign off on the video because she disliked how she looked and had not enjoyed working with the director (it was their second shoot in as many months I think and she wasn’t a fan). The video was tweaked and Madonna signed off on it... and has ignored it ever since

Put it this way - she’s never featured in anyone else’s video since that mess
                                              Yep. Madonna didn’t enjoy doing that music video at all, she didn’t like the direction and didn’t get along with Paul Hunter ... She apparently tried to suggest some things but Paul treated her quite bad and since it wasn’t her song, her label or her team but Britney’s she had no say in anything and had to shut her mouth and shoot the music video.

She wasn’t as considerate with Michael back in the day ... she wanted to suggest a bunch of stuff Michael (and her sister) didn’t want or like and Madonna wouldn’t do it as Michael wanted either, she just wouldn’t give in. But we all have to agree that a Michael Jackson duet in the early 90s would’ve been way more prestigious and bigger than a Britney duet, that’s why I think everything about this story and how it all ended is quite funny and ironic.

Comment

And yes, the original 2003 VMA performance was going to be Madonna, Britney and J.Lo, weird combo IMO but this is confirmed. It is also known Madonna even had a personal meeting with both Britney and J.Lo in someone’s mansion and after that meeting J.Lo dropped out of the performance, she was out of it. It was never confirmed to the public the exact reason for J.Lo to leave but it has always been speculated she freaked out about the kiss part and quit.

.. P!nk was also asked to do the performance but she never knew about the kiss and she couldn’t do it because she was on vacation outside the USA when she was offered to do it. She was willing to do it and even asked Madonna to wait for her to return to the US but Madonna said no as she wanted to rehearse immediately so she called someone else and that’s how Xtina ended up involved.
                                                I would be curious to know if you have a single source or link to back any of this up?
                                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I would be curious to know if you have a single source or link to back any of this up?
                                                  Yes. But I don’t work for you or anything so look it up yourself.

Comment

• That's a no then

Madonna and Michael actually had sex in the 90's.
                                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Working...
                                                    X