Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    That's a no then

Madonna and Michael actually had sex in the 90's.
    Madonna had lots of sex but I’m not sure MJ got any of it (unless he bought the book)
    Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

Madonna had lots of sex but I’m not sure MJ got any of it (unless he bought the book)
      I remember reading an article from old magazines my older brother had that said " they explored their naked bodies like an alien meeting a human for the first time" or something like that. That sounds a bit racy for Smash Hits dont know what magazine it was
      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• It would've been iconic if Madonna performed with MJ at one of his "comeback" shows in London.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
          It would've been iconic if Madonna performed with MJ at one of his "comeback" shows in London.
          Absolutely. I’d have been so pissed off not to have been in that audience (although I did have tickets for one show)

Comment

• To date, it's still kinda uncomfired if Madonna and Miachael actually did recorded something together...
            FOLLOW THE DUCK
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzF...RpLtZEEAHM1AEw

Comment

• They would've released (or leaked) it if they recorded something.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Bad_Bobby2009 View Post
                To date, it's still kinda uncomfired if Madonna and Miachael actually did recorded something together...
                I’m pretty sure Madonna has confirmed it actually, but don’t quote me as I can’t think of the interview. As amazing as it could have been, I doubt it could have ever lived up to the hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

I’m pretty sure Madonna has confirmed it actually, but don’t quote me as I can’t think of the interview. As amazing as it could have been, I doubt it could have ever lived up to the hype.
                  I wonder if they actually recorded anything... I mean, as much as I love M, she has a gift for "embalishing" her personal history. To this day, I definitely don't buy her story of just 'losing' her stiletto during the 1984 VMAs "Like a virgin" performance, and I'm highly doubtful of Martha Graham ever calling her Madame X, but then, who could confirm/deny such a thing? It's probably true Madonna and Michael attempted to work together, but I simply cannot see MJ being totally comfortable in the studio with her. If such a song/recording exists, her team (which today probably consists of 2 adults and her 4 young children, LOL) better do something with it and release it. But as menime123 argued, it probably wouldn't live to the hype. Like, as exciting as it is to listen to her singing with Prince in "Love Song", the track is rather "meh!" in my very humble opinion
                  “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

No, Michael didn’t like her. He spoke really bad of her later, he said he didn’t enjoy hanging out with her because she was always rude to people and treating everyone bad. He even went as far as saying she wasn’t a nice person.
                    It's obvious MJ wanted to work with Madonna really bad. Madonna was very talkative to the media when it didn't happen, because she wanted (more) control. MJ was clearly very hurt. He wasn't used to having people saying "no" to him. Of course when he looked back on his attempt to work with her, it was easier to forget about the fun they had (clearly to be seen at the Oscars) and remember she wasn't nice when it came to record a duet.
                    Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

It's obvious MJ wanted to work with Madonna really bad. Madonna was very talkative to the media when it didn't happen, because she wanted (more) control. MJ was clearly very hurt. He wasn't used to having people saying "no" to him. Of course when he looked back on his attempt to work with her, it was easier to forget about the fun they had (clearly to be seen at the Oscars) and remember she wasn't nice when it came to record a duet.
                      Just because they went out doesn’t mean he had fun. In fact Michael got to know her better than us, he took the time to have a few / several interactions with her and even an attempted collaboration and that was enough for him to form a negative opinion on her.

The thing with Michael is that he was an introvert, and honestly I don’t think he was the bitchy type of person, if anything Michael was very humanitarian and even had a childish personality ... Madonna on the other hand was all bossy, an extrovert, wild, etc... they were never going to get along. Also Madonna at the time treated people horribly and that wasn’t Michael’s style.

I personally don’t mind that they didn’t get along but it was weird seeing once he died Madonna be like “My friend Michael Jackson” ... they were not friends.
                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

I personally don’t mind that they didn’t get along but it was weird seeing once he died Madonna be like “My friend Michael Jackson” ... they were not friends.
                        That’s not what happened at all. Madonna has spoken of both Prince and MJ, calling them people she had hung out with but didn’t really know. Even in her MTV Awards speech honouring MJ, Madonna even said they fell out of touch ‘before the witch-hunt’ began.

She actually think she and Prince were ‘closer’ than people knew but certainly not best friends. I think they respected each other and Madonna saw him live a few times in the lead up to his death - I’m fairly sure she saw him on one of his ‘Hit and Run’ shows with like 40 people in the audience. She even asked him to do a ‘Royalty Tour’ with her but he sadly/wisely(?) declined

Comment

Just because they went out doesn’t mean he had fun. In fact Michael got to know her better than us, he took the time to have a few / several interactions with her and even an attempted collaboration and that was enough for him to form a negative opinion on her.
                          It was clear on the video footage and pictures they got along before trying to work together.

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                          The thing with Michael is that he was an introvert, and honestly I don’t think he was the bitchy type of person, if anything Michael was very humanitarian and even had a childish personality ... Madonna on the other hand was all bossy, an extrovert, wild, etc... they were never going to get along. Also Madonna at the time treated people horribly and that wasn’t Michael’s style.
                          Opposites attract, they say. I'm more of an introvert, but love hanging out with people who are more extrovert.

Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• All this talk of Madonna and MJ duetting though... it could have been amazing if they had recorded something in 2010/2011 after MJ’s show. The timing would have been perfect as MJ was making a comeback and Madonna had just left Warner and completed her huge S&S tour.

Comment

• I think 1990-1992 was the best time for them to work. Michael was coming from the huge “Bad” era and smashing with the “Dangerous” era and Madonna was in the middle of “Vogue” / “The Immaculate Collection” slayage ... it would’ve been the biggest pop event in music.
                              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• It was very disappointing at the time that it didn't happen as both were huge. But soon as I heard In The Closet, I understood why Madonna had said no.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                  It was very disappointing at the time that it didn't happen as both were huge. But soon as I heard In The Closet, I understood why Madonna had said no.
                                  I thought Michael said no because Madonnas verse was too dirty for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

Yeah, Michael didn’t like her suggestions for neither the song or the music video.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

True. So in Madonna's version of the story she said no if he wasn't ready to switch things up.

Comment

I think 1990-1992 was the best time for them to work. Michael was coming from the huge “Bad” era and smashing with the “Dangerous” era and Madonna was in the middle of “Vogue” / “The Immaculate Collection” slayage ... it would’ve been the biggest pop event in music.
                                        On paper it works but I just don’t believe it would have worked because the expectation to top their most recent wins would have been huge.

But 10 years ago? It could have been the thing that put them back at #1 actually.

Comment

• Or maybe it would've ended up like Love Song, a horrible, messy collaboration
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I think it would have been a hit. If we would have still loved it now in retrospect is something different. I was soooooooo excited when Michael and Janet teamed up for Scream as well as when Madonna teamed up with Britney. I love all four artists, but both songs are far from their best. At the time though, they were big hits.

Comment

Please there are photos of Madonna and MJ from 1984, they knew each other. Nile Rodgers said that at the AMAs 1985 MJ invited all the big artists from that night to record We Are The World, from already huge singers to not that popular as Madonna newcomers. He wanted big names to join the collab but he didn't ask Madonna, who was bigger than most of them there? Cause he was jealous of her success, she was his only threat at the 80s, and he got mad a lot when she was named artist of the 80s. If Madonna was a bitch idk what people like MJ are. I would've been a bitch too if i was getting treated like that in the industry.
                                              Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                              Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilPray View Post

Please there are photos of Madonna and MJ from 1984, they knew each other. Nile Rodgers said that at the AMAs 1985 MJ invited all the big artists from that night to record We Are The World, from already huge singers to not that popular as Madonna newcomers. He wanted big names to join the collab but he didn't ask Madonna, who was bigger than most of them there? Cause he was jealous of her success, she was his only threat at the 80s, and he got mad a lot when she was named artist of the 80s. If Madonna was a bitch idk what people like MJ are. I would've been a bitch too if i was getting treated like that in the industry.
                                                No shade or anything but why would he be jealous of someone who was being less successful than him that time?. That’s quite d*mb.

I don’t think Michael was jealous of anyone, if anything he was the most successful solo artist the world saw from 1979-1995.

In fact Michael did accuse Madonna on interview of being a jealous woman of other people’s success .. Not that I agree with hime but he did say Madonna was always jealous of the attention and success he had (at least back in the day).

Comment

No shade or anything but why would he be jealous of someone who was being less successful than him that time?. That’s quite d*mb.

I don’t think Michael was jealous of anyone, if anything he was the most successful solo artist the world saw from 1979-1995.

In fact Michael did accuse Madonna on interview of being a jealous woman of other people’s success .. Not that I agree with hime but he did say Madonna was always jealous of the attention and success he had (at least back in the day).
                                                  Cuz MJ maye sold more records in the 80s but Madonna was everywhere, from TV to radios, her style even defined a whole decade. Madonna's success in 1984 with Like a Virgin exploded like a bomb. He said Madonna was jealous, but he was the one behaving as a jealous person. And i bet he wanted to collaborate with her (a person he apparently disliked lol) cuz Madonna's fame and popularity in early 90s was huge. MJ wasn't an 'angel', please. He had more feuds with other 80s names, like Paul McCartney and Prince, he was craving success and fame as Madonna was, but at least she wasn't fake.
                                                  Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                                  Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilPray View Post

Cuz MJ maye sold more records in the 80s but Madonna was everywhere, from TV to radios, her style even defined a whole decade. .
                                                    ... And you think Michael wasn’t everywhere? .... Michael and his “Bad” era were EVERYWHERE for the entire late 80s literally 1987-1989 (in fact that album and era were bigger than “True Blue” and “Like A Prayer”).

Originally posted by DevilPray View Post
                                                    cuz Madonna's fame and popularity in early 90s was huge.
                                                    Well “Dangerous” sold over 30million copies and “Erotica” sold 6million .. then “Bedtime Stories” sold 7 million and “HIStory” sold 20million copies.

Madonna didn’t become bigger than Michael until 1997 but by that time Michael had already pulled an amazing career (he scored his first #1 solo single on the Hot 100 in 1972) He released “HIStory” when he was 24 years into his solo career.

Then he basically retired (attempted one failed comeback with “Invincible” and then fully retired) and Madonna became bigger than him from basically 1997-2008.

They slayed in different periods though. Michael slayed hard from 1979-1997 and Madonna from 1984-2005.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X