Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jio View Post
    I think Madonna had fans of all walks of life for huge periods of time (I'd say 1983-1991 and 1995-2002 as well as 2005-6 for sure). At those times she was pretty much adored by everyone. In times when she was generally hated (1992-1994 and 2003-2004 and 2008 mostly) yes it was mostly the gay fans that sticked around the longest. Since "MDNA" she is actively trying to appeal to what she considers her core audience (the dancing gay diva) and I think that is reflecting in her music and also, to a certain extent, diminish her legacy, as she is more than just a gay icon or a dance diva.
    I have to disagree - Madame X is not the kind of record you just described at all
    Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

I'm not saying sexuality is defined by music or that music itself defines a person's sexuality, but there is a correlation. There's no fixed formula or rule, but find me a straight man that stans the Spice Girls, follows Britney, has spent eight years waiting for Girls Aloud to come back, thinks Bionic is a masterpiece, has seen Madonna live over 10 times, is loving Kylie's Disco album, thinks Rachel Stevens should have released 10 #1 albums by now and cannot wait to hear Steps' new single on Friday?

Respectfully, I'm 99.99% confident that no such straight man exists - yet this forum alone probably has quite a few LGBTQ+ that have just been described perfectly
      I think they exist (few, and especially older people) but they don't talk about it with others or idk cuz they're scared they gonna be called gay.
      Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
      Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Few years ago we were talking about music with my 20 y/o straight friend and he randomly told me that he's obsessed with 4 Minutes lately, i bet he wouldn't say that if someone else from our friends were there, he felt comfortable saying it to me cuz he knew i wouldn't judge nnnnnnnn
        Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
        Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

But music has so much meaning for me. I mean I'm sat here working from home now and I'm onto my 4th Girls Aloud album of the day. The Spice Girls' greatest hits is next and I'll probably put Madame X on later when I paint (lockdown hobby)
          Off topic but same for me. I can live without any of the other streaming services I pay,but never without Spotify. Only today, I've listened to it a lot. Love,love,love music

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
            Off topic but same for me. I can live without any of the other streaming services I pay,but never without Spotify. Only today, I've listened to it a lot. Love,love,love music
            I can’t even remember a time before streaming, in terms of music consumption - I just can’t imagine having to sit for hours sorting out mp3s etc in 2020. I have a few now that are a nightmare getting onto Spotify, so I can’t even imagine what it must have been like putting thousands on... even though I know I did

Streaming is amazing as a music lover. I play music constantly but I still don’t feel like I use Spotify to it’s full potential.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Madonna is for everyone gay or straight. Dont frame her
              Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

I have to disagree - Madame X is not the kind of record you just described at all
                Is that all you got from my post? Because I loved your post before
                jio CHARTS NOW: 26/1/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10548197

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

Is that all you got from my post? Because I loved your post before
                  I mean, her gay fans have stuck with her which is perfectly true. It’s like football fans or teams with fans - the gay audience has supported Madonna through every win and loss, whereas the larger general public love her when she’s winning and abandon her when she’s not.

Every time Madonna gets knocked down, we love her even more for pulling herself back up by the bra straps and getting back on the horse.

But I don’t think Madonna has pandered to her core gay audience at all, and certainly not across the last few albums or tours. If she were, we’d have had COADF 2 by now. Instead we have Rebel Heart and Madame X, which contain very few songs ready for the dance floor. To be honest the majority of RH and MX is quieter, mid tempo, introspective stuff.

The best song from the whole Rebel Heart fiasco actually was the original Avicci mix of Rebel Heart, which arguably did sound like it was an attempt at a big dance song for her LGBTQ+ fans though.

Frankly if Madonna had pandered to her gay disco diva stans and given us COADF 2 or an out and out dance album, she wouldn’t be in the mess she finds herself in.

I mean how on earth does one of the biggest gay icons of all time NOT go all disco diva at Eurovision?

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Amir "Cash" Esmailian, producer/co-manager of The Weeknd, posted this picture with Madonna, apparently in a studio

Last edited by UnapologeticKenny; Thu November 12, 2020, 01:05.

Comment

• Probably either vocals for the MX DVD or she’s co-producing her bfs album.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
                        Amir "Cash" Esmailian, producer/co-manager of The Weeknd, posted this picture with Madonna, apparently in a studio

Ok I now that she hasn’t started working on a new album yet but imagine a Madonna album with The Weeknd's sound omfg
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Ok I now that she hasn’t started working on a new album yet but imagine a Madonna album with The Weeknd's sound omfg
                          Madonna with a sound like Blinding Lights would be amazing, but slightly odd - because it’s such an 80s sound and she’s been there and done that

#FreeBritney

Comment

• The Weeknd will perform at Super Bowl Half Time show next year, maybe he booked Madonna as one of the guests?
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                              The Weeknd will perform at Super Bowl Half Time show next year, maybe he booked Madonna as one of the guests?
                              Beyoncé is has skipped it for a few years, so it’ll probably be her

#FreeBritney

Comment

Beyoncé is has skipped it for a few years, so it’ll probably be her
                                Then we should rename it to Beyoncé Bowl
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Oh Madonna, why did I need to see that?

It looks like she’s had hip surgery... and posted a picture of her removed hip ball on Instagram.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• "Warner Bros" has released ALL Madonna's albums in "Master" quality (96 kHz / 24 bit). From the album "Madonna" to the album "Celebration" (all of them are available now on TIDAL)!!!!
                                    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• So now Beyoncé and Jay-Z can listen to Madonna's albums in high quality.
                                      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Here's for a speedy recovery!

Comment

• What?
                                          Attached Files
                                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Greateast hits?

Comment

• is she trolling (again) ?

Comment

• It is fan made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                                  It is fan made.
                                                  The cover is, yes, but it’s also from the person that did the single artwork for Bitch I’m Madonna. Madonna could be joking, but she’s just posted a whole load of music images on her Instagram too. I’m open to the idea something could come, but I’m okay if it doesn’t. But she’s been teasing her old demos recent.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Great analysis of Madonna, Live to Tell and interview with Pat Leonard on writing LTT (with some MJ references).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X