No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• didn't she do something like this for the Confessions live video too?

Comment

• Someone on Tribe said she might be re-shooting for scenes she sings behind the curtain. Since i haven't seen the show i can't comment on it but maybe shooting a video for a spectacle in a tiny theater must be more difficult than an arena or a stadium show.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
        So this seems like a Prince "Sign O' The Times" tour situation? That there was an actual tour but the video released was actually shot in studio?
        No, it’s just pickup shots.
        Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
          Someone on Tribe said she might be re-shooting for scenes she sings behind the curtain. Since i haven't seen the show i can't comment on it but maybe shooting a video for a spectacle in a tiny theater must be more difficult than an arena or a stadium show.
          God Control definitely started behind a screen and we know Frozen was performed behind Lola... for the life of me I can’t remember if Future was.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

God Control definitely started behind a screen and we know Frozen was performed behind Lola... for the life of me I can’t remember if Future was.
            So that makes sense if she's reshooting some of those to get better angles then?
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

So that makes sense if she's reshooting some of those to get better angles then?
              I’d say so. Odd though that no one had reviewed the rushes and noticed the footage wasn’t usable between the Portuguese dates and the end in Paris - there was a full London leg in between!

Comment

• Maybe they were planning to shoot at the last shows... you know the ones covid cancelled...
                jio CHARTS NOW: 10/5/2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10909446

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                  Maybe they were planning to shoot at the last shows... you know the ones covid cancelled...
                  I did think about that, but if they were going to shoot, they could have just done it on the concert date but just without the audience. Madonna still had the venue hired and it wasn’t a total lockdown that stopped the tour, just a ban on audiences over 1000 people. So they could have still done it - unless anyone from France knows different?

Comment

There's nothing wrong with fans speculating on things like this. If you don't like that, just ignore what we post
                    This is also a discussion forum. So when fans say things that are probably wrong we can discuss.

Comment

• So if you go in "today's posts" page, does the last poster of this page always shows as spiritboy with different avatars to u too? for example now that Angeman posted last, I see spiritboy with Angeman's avatar. Before it was spiritboy with my avatar and so on...
                      jio CHARTS NOW: 10/5/2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10909446

Comment

• I only go on mobile. So i only see avatars when in the thread itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

Future was her sitting at the piano. Makes sense to do filming up close to her face.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I'm so sick and tired from waiting this damn tour movie.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Additional close up filming us 100% normal. Most, if not all, artists do it BUT yeah usually during a run through during the tour...but like people have speculated maybe it was gonna happen later and covid cut it short.

In short most close ups you see aren't from the actual concert otherwise the cameras would be in the way...

Comment

• What do people think of Confessions Remixed?

I love it and listen to it regularly. As far as remix albums go, it’s one of the strongest I’ve heard - Stuart Price did really well with it. I actually added a couple of his other remixes to my digital version:

1. Hung Up (SDP Extended Vocal)
                                  2. History (b-side)
                                  3. I Love New York (Thin White Duke Mix)
                                  4. Let It Will Be (Paper Faces Mix)
                                  5. Get Together (Jacques Lu Cont Mix)
                                  6. Jump (Jacques Lu Cont Mix)
                                  7. Sorry (Man With Guitar Mix)
                                  8. Let It Will Be (Paper Faces Edit)
                                  9. Hung Up (SDP’s Extended Dub)

I use the b-side of History (from the Jump single) as that’s a remix version officially released as the final version.

In all honesty, I really do think Madonna could have given this a wide release, using the LIWB performance from Confessions Tour as a music video. Plus we know there were plenty of great outtakes from the album artwork that could have worked great as a cover.

Comment

• does this mean we'll be getting LAP mixes soon or some others from the album?

Comment

• LAP remixes probably.

And i have never heard of Confessions remix album.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• ^it was a very limited release (around 3k copies only)

Comment

• The LAP remixes are coming March 5, this Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                            ^it was a very limited release (around 3k copies only)
                                            Yes - vinyl only limited release, sold via Madonna.com I think. Pretty sure that’s where I got mine from.

Comment

• So no mention of LAP video being remastered?

Comment

• No but Nothing Really Matters has been updated to HD! Its incredible.

Comment

• Yep, another one really well done.

Comment

• ^that's a really crisp-looking video! I think it's the best HD so far

shiny and new

Comment

Working...
                                                    X