Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

It really isn’t very Madonna - it’s something she has never done before. Rumour has it we never got RIT because she didn’t like the footage - she didn’t reshoot that
    Its very madonna. She's done it before. Make it perfect as she wants. Next.
    Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post

Its very madonna. She's done it before. Make it perfect as she wants. Next.
      Madonna has never re-recorded footage a year after a tour has ended. She has done exclusive performances whilst on tour for her DVD recordings, but she has never hired a studio, build a stage, brought projections and dancers back to record additional footage a year later.
      Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• You can’t compare the M of today to yesterday. Madonna was making the trends and trailblazing; today it feels as if she’s playing catch up and chasing something that isn’t there for her anymore.

That’s not to stay that is bad because her legacy cannot be matched but all this over achieving sometimes leaves a lot to be desired for at the end.

After all if it success she wishes reclaim whether it be chart debuts, streams and sales she should cater to the fans she still has and not those who wouldn’t bother at all just because bitch, she’s Madonna.

Rest assured history will mark her accolades and how she paved the way to the Britney’s, Taylor’s, and Arianna’s of today; even Mariah was created in the image of Madonna: to be the biggest pop star in the world. Madonna made the title genderless in a once male dominated field.

Comment

• I agree with some of the above (though for me Madame X is her back at her trial blazing best without the success of the first 30 years to propel it) but that has nothing o do with her wanting to get the best results for her career.

And guys are we really that surprised she’s doing this? She has the time and the people to do it. We know she was very injured at this stage of the tour and quite possibly the footage taken hasn’t cut it in parts so they are reshooting.

Also these LAP remixes slap!!!

Really hope Fever remixes aren’t cancelled, I need the Fever 1 edit on Spotify almost as much as I need the Madame X super deluxe bonus tracks.
          Last edited by Mpol; Fri March 5, 2021, 09:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
            Yep, another one really well done.

btw, I remember that the video was very avant-garde at the time since that multi-cam 3D effect that's featured at different points in the video wasn't really used a lot before and then about a moth and a half after the video debuted The Matrix film came and used some of that same camera motion effect
            Last edited by AndiIversen; Fri March 5, 2021, 19:53.

Comment

• I love this effect on the video. I watch it every time waiting for it to happen.

Comment

• I also don't think she did reshoots a year after a tour ended. She's probably doing this because it will be aired on Netflix and since she'll reach a whole new audience, she wants to look her best.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post

Really hope Fever remixes aren’t cancelled, I need the Fever 1 edit on Spotify almost as much as I need the Madame X super deluxe bonus tracks.
                  We had the tracklisting for Fever and LDLHA and the Edit 1 remix was not there. Maybe when it comes back they will have added it, but it was just the Bad Girl/Fever mixes from the Maxi single and few promo remixes.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                    I also don't think she did reshoots a year after a tour ended. She's probably doing this because it will be aired on Netflix and since she'll reach a whole new audience, she wants to look her best.
                    I mean, I’ll be completely honest - her face was definitely swollen when I saw her in London. I’m convinced it was medication, but it’s also possible she wasn’t happy with those close ups.

She looks stunning in the reshoots though.

Comment

• Been revisiting Madame X, and what a stunning album.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                        Been revisiting Madame X, and what a stunning album.
                        It’s very underrated.

Comment

• Deserved Bitch I'm Loca's spot on the album.
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

We had the tracklisting for Fever and LDLHA and the Edit 1 remix was not there. Maybe when it comes back they will have added it, but it was just the Bad Girl/Fever mixes from the Maxi single and few promo remixes.
                            This makes me so sad it’s the best version of the song.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Deserved Bitch I'm Loca's spot on the album.
                              No, she’s hardly on the song. Tbh the bonus tracks weren’t all that - Soltera was much better!

Comment

This makes me so sad it’s the best version of the song.
                                Yes I think the album version works perfect on the album, but for playing on its own the edit 1 is the best. It might be on the Rain single if they wver get around to that.

Comment

• I really want them to tidy up her exciting singles on streaming too. Having like 10 different Hung Up singles instead of just one with all the tracks annoys me.

Comment

• Ciao Bella and Back Up To The Beat both needed to replace Bitch I’m Loca and Future on the album. Put those two and funana as the three bonus. Perfect album.

Comment

Ciao Bella and Back Up To The Beat both needed to replace Bitch I’m Loca and Future on the album. Put those two and funana as the three bonus. Perfect album.
                                      Never. Future and BIL are two of my favourites!

Comment

• Future grew on me big time but i hate BIL and Batuka with a passion.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Back That Up To The Beat and Funana were the best from the album. Too bad they can’t be streamed and relegated to bonus status. I’ve found myself revisiting LAP and Hard Candy recently. Surprised I went so far deep in to her catalog....

still can’t tolerate Batuka. That says a lot especially for a M track.... unfortunately the MX era is far from over.

Comment

• Funana is trash imo. MX was such a good album. I hope she stays inspired for the the next.

Comment

• Ciao Bella is such a bop! I love it!
                                              FOLLOW THE DUCK
                                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzF...RpLtZEEAHM1AEw

Comment

• Coming from another subject I was just wondering... did she say anything about Britney's case?
                                                jio CHARTS NOW: 5/4/2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...9#post10866219

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                                                  Coming from another subject I was just wondering... did she say anything about Britney's case?
                                                  Nope. Madonna rarely ever comments on anyone else and if asked will probably say she doesn’t know Britney anymore and isn’t in a position to comment. Same as how she said she hadn’t seen Finding Neverland and so couldn’t comment.

Comment

• Ciao Bella is Batuka lite. Both songs remind me when I was a kid and a bought copy of the Rain maxi single with a B side of ‘never before released track” .. Up Down Suite. I was expecting something like Supernatural (Cherish/B) and got disappointed. Except Bukkake is even worse.

Funana was definitely a highlight.

this is the first time I’ll be happy that Madonna won’t be revisiting this sound in her next “inspiration” aka era.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X