Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

Her team are drip feeding us her remix catalogue alongside upscaled videos.
    I'd say it's better than nothing -a.k.a. what her team was doing these past few years

Comment

• Writing of Like A Prayer

Comment

• So happy with got extra remixes for Frozen!!!!!!!!!!

Now hoping most for releases of:

Angel
        Gambler
        Open Your Heart
        Who's That Girl
        Causing a Commotion
        Spotlight
        Keep It Together
        This Used To Be My Playground
        Don't Cry For Me Argentina
        Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Bedtime Story is next week which I am very excited about. I also cant wait for NRM and ROL remixes. Those are somw of her best.

Comment

• I love Stereo MC's remix of Frozen. That performance on Drowned World Tour was amazing.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
              I love Stereo MC's remix of Frozen. That performance on Drowned World Tour was amazing.
              Frozen was the best thing about DWT.
              Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Id go with Impressive Instant when it comes to DWT but Frozen is up there.

Comment

• The entire tour is up there it’s incredible

Comment

• It's one of her most underrated tours in my opinion
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                      So happy with got extra remixes for Frozen!!!!!!!!!!

Now hoping most for releases of:

Angel
                      Gambler
                      Open Your Heart
                      Who's That Girl
                      Causing a Commotion
                      Spotlight
                      Keep It Together
                      This Used To Be My Playground
                      Don't Cry For Me Argentina
                      Love the remixes of DCFMA!

Comment

• I re-watched DWT for the first time in years recently and am only now noticing how the men are wearing corsets during "La Isla Bonita" And the highlight for me is still "Lo Que Siente La Mujer". That bass drop, those crystal-clear vocals, the lesbian eroticism...it is everything
                        Last edited by NormiMalone; Sun March 14, 2021, 02:21.
                        She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

It's one of her most underrated tours in my opinion
                          Yes!

At the time i saw 1000 times. Madonna had more life in this tour. The songs are amazing and the performances too. Is my 4 favorite.
                          Last edited by MusicGoddess; Sun March 14, 2021, 09:52.

Comment

• I don't think dwt Is underrated. Simply all the others tour are better and dwt Is still good

Comment

• Listening to mdna. There are songs that I've forgotten like I'm a sinner, which Is not so bad.
                              Still wondering why love spent and masterpiece weren't promote as a single

Comment

• So, I guess she’ll enter the biopic production sometimes this year or early next year, which leaves me thinking that new album won’t come before 2023/4. By then, I guess, streaming will become even stronger, and with no ticket-bundles I’m pretty scared to see how will she do chart-wise with that album. Top 5 in the US and UK will be it’s best shot I guess. And M will be 65-6 then, which also means that we’re entering her last part of mainstream album career.

Comment

• Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post
                                  So, I guess she’ll enter the biopic production sometimes this year or early next year, which leaves me thinking that new album won’t come before 2023/4. By then, I guess, streaming will become even stronger, and with no ticket-bundles I’m pretty scared to see how will she do chart-wise with that album. Top 5 in the US and UK will be it’s best shot I guess. And M will be 65-6 then, which also means that we’re entering her last part of mainstream album career.
                                  I honestly think her album sales will do fine without a ticket bundle if she does enough promotion. She’ll need to be smarter about who she goes up against, but she’ll do fine.

Comment

• Madame X sold 90,000 pure sales in the US and only 40,000 were actual sales in 2019, with no competition, and pretty solid promo for a singer her age (I’m just saying this because of the way industry works).

Comment

• Well, she will need to change her business model completely. In the last few albums (even "Madame X" despite the pretense to the contrary), she was releasing music with an eye to the tour. That has to go. She needs to be making shorter and more cohesive albums focusing on quality rather than quantity. Her touring days are not over but the high energy tour model (that she began abandoning with the last tour) needs to go. It's well due for another re-invention if she wants not to retire.
                                      jio CHARTS NOW: 5/7//2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10956364

Comment

• Hi guys im gonna share here too:

I did a compilation of Madonna's greates archievements. U knows others? Please help me.

The MUSIC Goddess most important records and awards:

Guinness World Records: The best selling female artist of all time.

Billboard: The greates solo artist in Billboard Hot 100 chart history.

Official Company Music Uk: Madonna is the top female artist of all time (albums and singles).

Billboard: Madonna is the artist of the decade 80s.

MTV: Madonna is the artist of the decade 80s.

Billboard: The top touring artist of all time with 1.5 B dollars in tickets sales.

MTV Asia: Madonna is the artist of the millenium.

Vh1: Madonna is the greates woman in music in 2012.

RIAA: Madonna is the top rock female artist of the XX century.

Time: Madonna is # 11 of the top 25 most powerful women of the XX century.

Time: Madonna is the woman of 1989.

Billboard: Madonna is the best music video artist of all time in 2020.

MTV: Madonna is the best music video artist of all time in 2003.

IFPI: Madonna is the only woman who sold more than 200 million only albums (in 2006).

IPFI: Madonna is the top selling female artist in Europe.

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame: inducted in her first year of eligivity.

UK Music Hall Of Fame: member founder.

Rolling Stone Magazine: Madonna is one of the 100 greates artist of all time (# 36)

Rolling Stone Magazine: Madonna is one of the 100 best songwriters of all time (# 56)

RIAA: Madonna is the first female artist to recivied the Blue Diamond award in May of 1998 with 15 years of career for more than 100 gold, platinum, and multi-platinum certifications throughout her professional carrer. She was the first female artist to recivied this award. The second was Barbra Streisand 6 month later and Mariah Carey in 2003

Comment

• She has to reinvent after the biopic. If anyone can do it she can. Maybe she should take Adeles lead and call her next studio album 65. That will be a big FU to the critics who try to keep her down because of her age. Maybe she can even feature Adele on a song.

I think the music itself should be of high quality but maybe softer. More adult contemporary or even country. One last reinvention is much needed.

But the songs have to be good. The reason those major reinventions worked in the past and grabbed peoples attention was because the songs could back it up.
                                          Last edited by tee; Sun March 14, 2021, 13:04.

Comment

• I expect some sort of farewell tour for the next era ...not that would actually be her last tour, but one last BIG tour, with stadium dates in all continents . She can handle It If she limits the amount of concerts by two/three at most per week, with some breaks in her schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

I honestly think her album sales will do fine without a ticket bundle if she does enough promotion. She’ll need to be smarter about who she goes up against, but she’ll do fine.
                                              It's not possible to control that though, rappers drop albums randomly and most will outsell her in a minute thanks to SPS system in US.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

It's not possible to control that though, rappers drop albums randomly and most will outsell her in a minute thanks to SPS system in US.
                                                There is an element of control - not total, but an element. For example, if she signs with Warner, they’ll probably not release any competition from their own artists etc. Random surprise releases aren’t the normal either, let’s not over sell them.

Comment

• Originally posted by locoporti View Post
                                                  I expect some sort of farewell tour for the next era ...not that would actually be her last tour, but one last BIG tour, with stadium dates in all continents . She can handle It If she limits the amount of concerts by two/three at most per week, with some breaks in her schedule.
                                                  This will go over well. Especially with her biopic and the FU to her critics. Not necessarily ending it but closing this iconic and legendary chapter HER WAY. Fans and non fans will flock. Re-invention on a grander scale.
                                                  My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• I somehow don't see Madonna doing a farewell tour. But if she does, I hope she will finally perform "This Used To Be My Playground" live
                                                    jio CHARTS NOW: 5/7//2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10956364

Comment

Working...
                                                    X