No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would have been nice if the song rebel heart was saved for her bio pic as a big project Iike that would have served a big platform for great success and the curiosity of avicii heart might have just been the big hit she needs. In a way the song just got wasted in the bonus section of a low selling album.

As for Latte, it was a nice melodic song that would have added some much needed melody to Hard Candy.

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post

I hear ya but imo “Avicii Heart” sounds like exactly that, an Avicii song, not a Madonna song at all.
      Do you have a problem with Ray of Light sounding like a bunch of Orbit tracks? Or Music sounding like a Mirwais album? Madonna doesn’t have a sound - she has a style, but not a sound. The whole point of her hiring different producers is because she wants their sound.
      “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by Forreal View Post
        I m not getting the fuss around “Latte “ : it’s an average mediocre track to say the least
        It’s the lyrics and the way she delivered them for me. At heart, Madonna is a hopeless romantic and these lyrics are very that. When she mixes sadness and hope together, I often get such chills. No one delivers with the same yearning as our queen.

Even reading the lyrics, I tear up. But I’m a big softie.

The madness of love
        And what we'll do for it
        Two walk through the fire
        And just go through with it
        To cancel your doubt
        And fly into the sun
        To go without
        And feel like you're the lucky one

The mad things we do for love
        We're caught in a world of lies
        I just had the strangest dream
        We won't get to do this twice
        Last edited by Mpol; Sun March 28, 2021, 19:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

Do you have a problem with Ray of Light sounding like a bunch of Orbit tracks? Or Music sounding like a Mirwais album? Madonna doesn’t have a sound - she has a style, but not a sound. The whole point of her hiring different producers is because she wants their sound.
          I do get where the original poster is coming from. What they don’t articulate is that the Avicii sound was already everywhere and she wasn’t the first to use it. Orbit’s sound though now sounding very 90s, was very fresh for when Madonna used him. Same for Merwais.

She didn’t have that wow element as Avicii had already been in high rotation. Much like Pharelle and Timbaland. By the time she worked with them, their sounds were very saturated.

Her work with Baby Face on the other hand wasn’t so grating. Perhaps because the output was very strong and just so plush. And I forget it was released in 94. The 90s rnb sound hadn’t properly manifested itself just yet.

Comment

• I prefer aviici version of rebel heart. Its much better. Acoustic version is boring. I have the same feeling for wash all too
            Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Her new insta post I-

Comment

• Ive seen lots of fans love the pics but i think they look horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                  Ive seen lots of fans love the pics but i think they look horrible.
                  Put it in context - what did your granny look like at 62?

“I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post

I do get where the original poster is coming from. What they don’t articulate is that the Avicii sound was already everywhere and she wasn’t the first to use it. Orbit’s sound though now sounding very 90s, was very fresh for when Madonna used him. Same for Merwais.

She didn’t have that wow element as Avicii had already been in high rotation. Much like Pharelle and Timbaland. By the time she worked with them, their sounds were very saturated.

Her work with Baby Face on the other hand wasn’t so grating. Perhaps because the output was very strong and just so plush. And I forget it was released in 94. The 90s rnb sound hadn’t properly manifested itself just yet.
                    That isn’t strictly true - seriously, go look at Avicii’s discography and production credits. He had very limited success as a solo act until Wake Me Up dropped in 2013 (his first US top 10) and had never produced an album for anyone before - Madonna was the first to hire him as an producer. Basically, she hired him before almost anyone had the chance

But most of Avicii’s success comes from 2014 onwards, presumably because he dropped out of Rebel Heart. The work they did together was at the start of 2014, months after Wake Me Up and Hey Brother.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I'm on the side of the fans who loved those pics. The woman looks sickening!

Comment

Put it in context - what did your granny look like at 62?
                        My moms 60 now so i dont even want to think about that.

I just dont like the angles. And the last pic is an eyesore.

Comment

• She looks amazing. This is her entire point regarding age. Why can’t she post pics like that? She is beautiful. We all are.

re Avicii’s sound. I’m sorry but if it wasn’t him, there were certainly others sounding very similar. It may not have been all of him but that edm movement swept mainstream well before 2014/2015 and it did not sound new by the time they made those songs. I love his versions but I do understand why they didn’t end up on the album.

Comment

• It’s her second most liked post in 2021.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• She looks fantastic.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I do think no matter how good you look once you hit a certain age,ppl will bash you just for that: you're old, don't be ridiculous.
                                Personally,I think she looks fantastic on the first pic and cringe on the other two. Why's that? Idk that's just how I feel,maybe it's the angle,idk

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                                  I do think no matter how good you look once you hit a certain age,ppl will bash you just for that: you're old, don't be ridiculous.
                                  Personally,I think she looks fantastic on the first pic and cringe on the other two. Why's that? Idk that's just how I feel,maybe it's the angle,idk
                                  Well she’s had 80,000 likes in the last hour, and it’s now her most liked post since the one of her in Jamaica for her birthday (981k likes). So clearly there’s a demographic supporting her in this, which is great to see.

No doubt The Daily Mail will slate for her it.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• She looks amazing. Go girl! And the underwear shot reminds me of her Take A Bow bed outfit.

Comment

Well she’s had 80,000 likes in the last hour, and it’s now her most liked post since the one of her in Jamaica for her birthday (981k likes). So clearly there’s a demographic supporting her in this, which is great to see.

No doubt The Daily Mail will slate for her it.
                                      well,this is Girl Gone Wild 10 years later isn't it?

Comment

That’s a HORRID version of the song.

Enjoy.

The original demo is good, too. I liked the EDM’d like chorus in the master. But the song brings back good memories and is something to write home about.

Comment

• This was another one that didn’t make the album. But this was the original direction of what eventually evolved into the Hard Candy album.

Comment

• Although this was written in 2018, I still believe this stands to this day with MX included.

Why Hard Candy is Madonna’s Last Great Album

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...t-great-album/

Comment

• People actually think Hard Blandy is a great album?
                                              She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• Yes HC is more enjoyable then Confessions

Comment

• It’s funny seeing these albums all these years later get some recognition after the disdain they were met with at the time. Rebel Heart received the same (though not as harsh) reviews.

I think part of it is due to their sound being quite current and generic at that time of release. However once time passes the music stands alone and people are able to hear that what was offered was simply decent/great. It doesn’t come with the same baggage as when it was released, sounding like other albums or music released of the time by those producers.

I hope that makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
                                                    It’s funny seeing these albums all these years later get some recognition after the disdain they were met with at the time. Rebel Heart received the same (though not as harsh) reviews.

I think part of it is due to their sound being quite current and generic at that time of release. However once time passes the music stands alone and people are able to hear that what was offered was simply decent/great. It doesn’t come with the same baggage as when it was released, sounding like other albums or music released of the time by those producers.

I hope that makes sense.
                                                    Exactly. I honestly feel some fans dislike the music before they hear it, based on the choice of producers alone. You really just have to take Madonna’s music for what it is - a 60+ year old woman making modern music for fans mostly at an age where they aren’t stanning for modern acts like Arianna or Dua etc.

Madonna hasn’t been ahead of the music curve now for at least 20 years and anyone thinking she still should be needs to realise Madonna is doing a great job keeping up as it is - she isn’t going out all night to underground clubs and hearing what’s happening before it happens anymore.

Despite all of that criticism thrown at her last few albums, I still hear Madonna in all of it. It still feels authentic to me.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Working...
                                                    X