No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Madonna’s latest underwear selfies on Instagram become her most liked (895k) since May 2020 (1.032m)... when she also happened to post a throwback selfie of herself in her underwear (Rio photoshoot BTS picture).

No matter what the world says, the world also seems like Madonna in her underwear
    Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• She looks great.

She has tweaked her fillers too and her chin and overall face shape look great.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

Exactly. I honestly feel some fans dislike the music before they hear it, based on the choice of producers alone. You really just have to take Madonna’s music for what it is - a 60+ year old woman making modern music for fans mostly at an age where they aren’t stanning for modern acts like Arianna or Dua etc.

Madonna hasn’t been ahead of the music curve now for at least 20 years and anyone thinking she still should be needs to realise Madonna is doing a great job keeping up as it is - she isn’t going out all night to underground clubs and hearing what’s happening before it happens anymore.

Despite all of that criticism thrown at her last few albums, I still hear Madonna in all of it. It still feels authentic to me.
        It’s funny because I do feel Madame X for about half of it was just her and Merwais doing their best, and not trying to follow any type of trend.
        Confessions though not totally groundbreaking and new, sounded nothing like of its time.

The reason I like MDNA is when she moves away from the mainstream core sound of the album, she again makes magic (Beautiful Killer, Gang Bang, Love Spent, Masterpiece, Falling Free, etc.) The same can be said for Rebel Heart (Ghost town, Inside Out, Messiah, Wash All Over Me, Body Shop and many more). She has a timeless quality to her music when she gets it right.

My single order for MDNA:
        1. Beautiful Killer
        2. Love Spent
        3. Masterpiece
        4. Gang Bang/I’m Addicted/Girl Gone Wild

Rebel Heart:
        1. Ghost Town
        2. Wash All Over Me (Avicii)
        3. Devil Prey
        4. Living For Love

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post

It’s funny because I do feel Madame X for about half of it was just her and Merwais doing their best, and not trying to follow any type of trend.
          Confessions though not totally groundbreaking and new, sounded nothing like of its time.
          Yes these albums might not have sounded like what everyone else was doing, but that doesn’t mean she was ahead of a curve, which I feel is what most fans expect. Then there’s a section of fans who always want Madonna to be doing the opposite of what’s current, as if it’s beneath her.

Just enjoy it all I say, it really isn’t that deep.
          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• And these are the same fans who praise Bedtime Stories for being her best work, yet ... she worked with very mainstream producers of that time. The girls need to get a grip.

Her catalogue post 2008 will find its place and its love in time. Hell it’s already happening. The comments on the Tube re RH being some of her best work. Lol. Bless the children.

There’s also that group that want her to go back to her 80s dance roots, always. Like she’s damned whichever way she turns. Which is why I adore MX. She’s like I’m giving y’all world music, **** yazzz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
              Which is why I adore MX. She’s like I’m giving y’all world music, **** yazzz.
              I’ve always wanted a world music album, but never thought she would go there. I remember when she first started going to Africa a lot of fans thought those musical influences would feed into her creativity, but she held off.

I still think she could have gone further with it on Madame X, but I love Madame as it is. I really go. It’s just such a good album and there’s a huge amount to like.

I don’t know what I want from M15 but I’m not against a return to the dance floor with some thick and dirty beats. The world needs joyous music, fun music once we’re over covid, and that’s something Madonna was always able to do with ease.
              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I’d be happy with experimental house music in the vein of Ciao Bella. She often does a sound for more than one album, if it works (Music/AL). I would love her to take that world music and push it further. Come Alive is another all time favourite. It’s so joyous to the point I haven’t been able to play it in the last year given the state of the world. It’ll be my anthem when we can truly see a way out of the pandemic. Come Alive indeed.

I am of the belief that if she was in a forward creative mindset for Hard Candy it would have been her take on African influenced music. Think Kanye’s 808 and Heartache with those drums. That’s when she should have worked with him as producer for her album. Anyway. What’s done is done.

Comment

• I think not including African influences on Hard Candy was the right step, considering it was her first album after adopting David. It might have undermined the whole thing.

Come Alive is a huge highlight on Madame X and I honestly wouldn’t be against a deep dive further into world soundscapes, but it needs to be authentic - Madonna had legitimate reasons for using the sounds she did, through personal interactions with other artists and the fact she lived in Portugal. There was an authenticity that didn’t venture into appropriation and I respect her for that.

I think most fans are probably hoping she carries forward God Control and Crave’s sound and vibe for M15 though.
                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• God Control - Horror Disco. Also here for that. I haven’t heard anyone say they want her to pursue the Crave sound though I think it was beautiful. It grew on me. You’re so right about her authenticity with MX. That album is so prolific it’s insane how accurate she was... a year before.

Or give us something different. If she’s going to do dance. I don’t want edm GGW like, euro pop or disco. She’s done that. Make it fresh for her and interesting.

Comment

• 3 albums wit Interscope last decade, ten tracks each should have went like this:

MDNA (2012)
                      1. Beautiful Killer
                      2. Girl Gone Wild
                      3. Bang Bang
                      4. Im Addicted
                      5. Turn Up The Radio
                      6. Some Girls
                      7. Im a Sinner
                      8. Love Spent
                      9. Masterpiece
                      10. Falling Free

Rebel Heart (2014)
                      1. Living For Love
                      2. Devil Pray
                      3. Ghost Town
                      4. Hold Tight
                      5. Bitch Im Madonna (ft. Nicki Minaj)
                      6. Inside Out
                      7. Joan Of Arc
                      8. Beautiful Scars
                      9. Wash All Over Me
                      10. Rebel Heart

Madame X (2019)
                      1. Medellin (ft. Maluma)
                      2. Dark Ballet
                      3. God Control
                      4. Crave
                      5. Crazy
                      6. Come Alive
                      7. Fax Gostoso (ft. Anitta)
                      8. I Dont Search I Find
                      9. Butuka
                      10. I Rise
                      one album being heavily Orbit focused and another heavily Mirwais.
                      Last edited by tee; Tue March 30, 2021, 12:28.

Comment

• Just an reminder Madonna’s she has been used her for almost 30 years.
                        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Just an reminder Madonna’s she has been used her for almost 30 years.
                          That is smash hits, right? I remember that article... it was actually very positive on her tour
                          jio CHARTS NOW: 12/10/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...5#post10765535

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

That is smash hits, right? I remember that article... it was actually very positive on her tour
                            Yes it is, and most of the reviews she’s had her entire career have been positive. But choosing that headline is a statement, no matter what the article said.
                            Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Yes it is, and most of the reviews she’s had her entire career have been positive. But choosing that headline is a statement, no matter what the article said.
                              Yes, I know... I had actually referred to that article way back when I said that Madonna had been called "too old" for more than 3 decades lol
                              jio CHARTS NOW: 12/10/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...5#post10765535

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

Yes, I know... I had actually referred to that article way back when I said that Madonna had been called "too old" for more than 3 decades lol
                                It know it differs from culture to culture, but it’s crazy to think an unmarried woman in her 30s that expressed an interest in sex was considered something the male media needed to demonise. And people wonder why she has a chip on her shoulder at times

Ironically 30 years later and her latest underwear selfie session has become her second most liked post, with 1.06m likes.
                                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

It know it differs from culture to culture, but it’s crazy to think an unmarried woman in her 30s that expressed an interest in sex was considered something the male media needed to demonise. And people wonder why she has a chip on her shoulder at times

Ironically 30 years later and her latest underwear selfie session has become her second most liked post, with 1.06m likes.
                                  isn't her most liked insta post also M in undies? -if I'm not wrong- lol

Comment

• I want something NEW for her album, and annoy the hell outta all of her whiny fans and the rest of the world too to boot !

Comment

• I'm glad she's pissing people off. People have the nerve to call her grandma when they don't even look good & healthy in their 20's and 30's
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

isn't her most liked insta post also M in undies? -if I'm not wrong- lol
                                        No, her photograph with Gaga at her Oscar party has 1.45m likes and is her most liked image.
                                        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Not that headline calling her grandma when she wasn't even 40 yet. Pity.
                                          She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post
                                            Not that headline calling her grandma when she wasn't even 40 yet. Pity.
                                            She wasn’t even a mother
                                            Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• ^^^Hadn't even met Carlos. Lola wasn't even a twinkle in his eye at that point
                                              She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

Just an reminder Madonna’s she has been used her for almost 30 years.
                                                Madonna at that time (1993) was as old as Lady Gaga today (35 years old). Imagine calling Lady Gaga today a grandma
                                                Katy Perry, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj today are even way older than Madonna in that photo

Comment

• The Queen means business.

Stunning.

Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Just a reminder guys, this is a 62 year old woman.

Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Working...
                                                    X