Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

Her live albums never made much sense - full of interludes and pre-recorded stuff. IGTTYAS, for example, didn’t have a 100% live vocal recording until track seven
    Maybe that is why you can no longer buy or stream IGTTYAS anywhere. Revoking copyright for horrible tracklisting. Hehe

Comment

• I would love a high quality release for The Girlie Show - both audio & video. Some of the song arrangements there are her best.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
        I would love a high quality release for The Girlie Show - both audio & video. Some of the song arrangements there are her best.
        Fans are doing the job nowadays - there’s a few really great upscaled versions on YouTube now.
        “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Justify My Love from the GS especially when she belts out “Justify, Justify; Justify My Love, my love. Always looked for a remix which had those vocals there to no avail.

Everybody is a star...everybody medley...

Vogue... you know in fact, the entire setlist and tour was amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
            Justify My Love from the GS especially when she belts out “Justify, Justify; Justify My Love, my love. Always looked for a remix which had those vocals there to no avail.

Everybody is a star...everybody medley...

Vogue... you know in fact, the entire setlist and tour was amazing.
            On paper the set list is pretty crap when you think about how much of the 80s she ignores, but it works and is one of her best shows. Madame X Tour suffers from the same really.
            “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• The girlie show is pure performance art. Its done at her best. I still think its the epitome and footprints of pop art. Its the most perfect show. Ever.
              Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Many of my straight friends share latest Madonna IG posts on their stories and commenting how good she looks. I don't care about how much airbrushing or photoshop she does, it feels great to have positive feedback about her again.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                  The girlie show is pure performance art. Its done at her best. I still think its the epitome and footprints of pop art. Its the most perfect show. Ever.
                  True... if Blond Ambition didn't excist.
                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

True... if Blond Ambition didn't excist.
                    BAT is overrated. It’s brilliant all the way up to Papa Don’t Preach and after that it loses its way massively. And ending with KIT? Terrible snooze fest of a song.

#FreeBritney

Comment

BAT is overrated. It’s brilliant all the way up to Papa Don’t Preach and after that it loses its way massively. And ending with KIT? Terrible snooze fest of a song.
                      Maybe you should have been there. Everybody was chanting Keep It Together while leaving the stadium even though it hadn't even been a single here.

Comment

Maybe you should have been there. Everybody was chanting Keep It Together while leaving the stadium even though it hadn't even been a single here.
                        I’d have left after Holiday. KIT is the worst song she’s ever recorded.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• This will be controversial but if she ever updated re-released the immaculate collection with only a handful of songs since the original, I would include Bitch Im Madonna as it was the only thing that made a splash in the whole last decade (2010-2020).

1. Holiday
                          2. Lucky Star
                          3. Borderline
                          4. Like a Virgin
                          5. Material Girl
                          6. Crazy for You
                          7. Into the Groove
                          8. Live to Tell
                          9. Papa Don't Preach
                          10. Open Your Heart
                          11. La Isla Bonita
                          12. Like a Prayer
                          13. Express Yourself
                          14. Cherish
                          15. Vogue
                          16. Justify My Love
                          17. Erotic
                          18. Take A Bow
                          19. Ray Of Light
                          20. Music
                          21. Hung Up
                          22. 4 Minutes (ft. Justin Timberlake)
                          23. Bitch Im Madonna (ft. Nicki Minaj)

Comment

Whaaa? Not here for the gay Dick Tracys or the shirtless mermen? Even if you don't care for KIT as a song, the brilliant staging of it can't be denied.

Girlie Show's "I'm Going Bananas" is her single most questionable song inclusion in any given setlist. Her most skip-able live moment in a tour by far
                            She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post

Whaaa? Not here for the gay Dick Tracys or the shirtless mermen? Even if you don't care for KIT as a song, the brilliant staging of it can't be denied.

Girlie Show's "I'm Going Bananas" is her single most questionable song inclusion in any given setlist. Her most skip-able live moment in a tour by far
                              There’s nothing special about the staging of the second half of BAT.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Im Going Bananas works when you watch the whole show. Besides I actually think IGB is catchy. The way it segues into LIB is perfect.

Comment

• Girlie Show > Blond Ambition easily.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• The older CT gets the more I do believe that’s her best show though. I can’t believe it was 15 years ago. Her best shows are definitely CT, DWT and TGS, though I need a few years distance (and the DVD) to see if MXT can sneak into the top 3 (it’s very possible). But already I’m regretting saying TGS is better than S&S

The one thing I think we can all agree on, is that her first two tours were straight up, run of the mill shows. Everything from BAT onwards was art and in various steps along the way she completely re-defined the concept of what what a pop concert was and what could be achieved on stage.

She is criminally overlooked for it too.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• ^^True, the first two tours are pretty basic compared to what followed. WTG does deserve a little credit as the show where M performed remixes and alternate versions of her songs. I love the rock n' roll "Holiday"

And TGS is better than S&S, you're not wrong about that
                                      Last edited by NormiMalone; Mon April 12, 2021, 20:43.
                                      She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• I never really connected with The Girlie Show.
                                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

There’s nothing special about the staging of the second half of BAT.
                                          Flop fan.

Comment

Flop fan.
                                            Madonna agrees. That’s why it’s not on DVD

#FreeBritney

Comment

Madonna agrees. That’s why it’s not on DVD
                                              It deserved nothing but the best. That's why it was released on laser disc.

Comment

It deserved nothing but the best. That's why it was released on laser disc.
                                                Laser disc is probably the best format for it

(a lost format)

#FreeBritney

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• It looks lovely - I love the cinema room and pools. She’s probably going to spend the best part of the next two years living there working in Hollywood, and longer if she can wangle it, and $20 million is spare change for Madonna at this point.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Working...
                                                    X