Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlie Show's "La Isla Bonita" is the best version. She sings her heart out
    She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
      You are all crazy

You’ll be telling me LAP is a good album next
      You’re the one that likes Mdna over LAP. You’re the crazy one siss. Keep sipping the coolade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
        Keep sipping the coolade.
        Poor taste - you know this phrase originates from media reports about the mass murder of over 900 people, right?

It’s also a phrase that’s incredibly dated, a bit like LAP
        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• So today is a COADF day. Honestly, it’s just the perfect album. I think it’s strength is in the apparent simplicity of the songs, but as we know from 1000s of repeat plays (and the demos) there’s nothing simple about it at all.

I miss this Madonna - it’s the last time I’ve seen her hungry for fame and success. She really went all out to make this album a success and it paid off massively.

Album ranking:

1. Hung Up
          2. Get Together
          3. Future Lovers
          4. Like It Or Not
          5. Sorry
          6. Isaac
          7. Jump
          8. I Love New York
          9. Forbidden Love
          10. Let It Will Be
          11. How High
          12. Push

13. Triggering
          14. Keep The Trance
          15. History
          16. Fighting Spirit
          17. Funny Game
          18. Super Pop

Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• menime123 : What makes the album special is indeed its complex simplicity. The lyrics are very simple yet effective, the production is unique and sublime. The great thing about 'Confessions' is that she had a vision/concept and realized it without wanting to chase a trend. She tried to do the same with 'Madame X', but she couldn't succeed with that approach imo.
            Pro: freedom of speech
            Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
              menime123The great thing about 'Confessions' is that she had a vision/concept and realized it without wanting to chase a trend. She tried to do the same with 'Madame X', but she couldn't succeed with that approach imo.
              I mean, that’s completely subjective.

As a fan, I don’t think she took the Madame X concept far enough, but I do think she realised her vision - she really put the work into it in a way we hadn’t seen for a long time.

Madonna did so many photoshoots and different looks, released more music videos than she had in a long time, and released an (award winning) documentary about the album and exploring ‘The World of Madame X’.

Looking back on Madame X it’s sort of like an unofficial multimedia project that needs all of the elements considered when reviewing it. Even the tour book really burrows into the concept and runs with it. But the album itself is so intricately linked to the stage presentation it’s so annoying the majority of fans haven’t yet been able seen it - how Madonna envisaged performing the album informed how the songs were formed in the studio.

Personally I love Madame X and I think the project is summed up perfectly in the album opening track - ‘Forgave myself for being me’. You have to dig into a Madonna lyric because she hides so much behind great hooks and brilliant production. But her honesty is always there if you look for it - it’s no coincidence Madame X starts with a song about self acceptance and ends with a song about rising up to meet life’s challenges.
              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• The main difference between 'Confessions' and 'Madame X' is that for the former, I can just say 'I like that song - full stop.'. For the latter, it's pretty much 'I get what she tried to do here, but....' followed by the flaws I could find in almost each song. My main problem with the album is the lack of memorable melodies. Imo, the interesting parts of 'Medellin' and 'I Rise', the songs you mentioned, occur 3 minutes deep in each, which is a bit late for a song.
                Pro: freedom of speech
                Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Again, that’s subjective - we all connect to music and art in different ways. I still think Madame X is Madonna’s best album since COADF and whilst it’s sad it’s completely dismissed by some, that doesn’t negate the quality of what was offered.

I really think the tour DVD will open it up to more people, and that the live album will offer new takes on it. I find it bewildering that fans can love songs like Isaac, Paradise and Skin but find nothing in a song like Batuka.
                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I cannot wait to see the show because I adore Madame X.
                    Reading the various raving stories from the audience got me so excited.
                    I hope the movie will come with a live album.
                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Ppl just don't see madame x the album as a masterpiece because it hasn't sold millions like confessions and didn't have a blockbuster worldwide hit a la hung up. It's as simple as that.
                      Confessions also had many many low points and I love New York alone is worth of all the flaws one may find on MX but,then again, it's sold over 10 million copies so all is forgiven.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                        Ppl just don't see madame x the album as a masterpiece because it hasn't sold millions like confessions and didn't have a blockbuster worldwide hit a la hung up. It's as simple as that.
                        Confessions also had many many low points and I love New York alone is worth of all the flaws one may find on MX but,then again, it's sold over 10 million copies so all is forgiven.
                        Oh but I love ILNY. In fact I ended up going to hospital with whiplash dancing to that song
                        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                          I cannot wait to see the show because I adore Madame X.
                          Reading the various raving stories from the audience got me so excited.
                          I hope the movie will come with a live album.
                          It would be a shame not releasing a live album when her fans would just rip the audio anyway and create it for themselves. I mean I’m sat listening to an audio rip of DWT right now, which would have made a great live album.
                          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Oh but I love ILNY. In fact I ended up going to hospital with whiplash dancing to that song
                            Poor thing .
                            I also had to go to the hospital but because my ears started bleeding after listening to ILNY and Push back to back
                            The doc severely reprehended me

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

Poor thing .
                              I also had to go to the hospital but because my ears started bleeding after listening to ILNY and Push back to back
                              The doc severely reprehended me
                              Well there’s a reason they aren’t side by side on the album, so if you listened to them back to back, that’s your own damn fault and no wonder the doc told you off
                              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Poor taste - you know this phrase originates from media reports about the mass murder of over 900 people, right?

It’s also a phrase that’s incredibly dated, a bit like LAP
                                I had no idea but the only poor taste I see is coming from you babes.

Comment

I mean, that’s completely subjective.

As a fan, I don’t think she took the Madame X concept far enough, but I do think she realised her vision - she really put the work into it in a way we hadn’t seen for a long time.

Madonna did so many photoshoots and different looks, released more music videos than she had in a long time, and released an (award winning) documentary about the album and exploring ‘The World of Madame X’.

Looking back on Madame X it’s sort of like an unofficial multimedia project that needs all of the elements considered when reviewing it. Even the tour book really burrows into the concept and runs with it. But the album itself is so intricately linked to the stage presentation it’s so annoying the majority of fans haven’t yet been able seen it - how Madonna envisaged performing the album informed how the songs were formed in the studio.

Personally I love Madame X and I think the project is summed up perfectly in the album opening track - ‘Forgave myself for being me’. You have to dig into a Madonna lyric because she hides so much behind great hooks and brilliant production. But her honesty is always there if you look for it - it’s no coincidence Madame X starts with a song about self acceptance and ends with a song about rising up to meet life’s challenges.
                                  now we see your taste darl. Preach

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Well there’s a reason they aren’t side by side on the album, so if you listened to them back to back, that’s your own damn fault and no wonder the doc told you off
                                      I know

Comment

• Just hearing on a movie a chineese cover of material girl

Comment

• I do hope we'll get a bunch of unreleased Beautiful Strangers remixes!

Comment

• These remixes are heaven yess queen. 2021 she is delivering

Comment

• Confessions is perfection and I think I liked La isla bonita the most on Drowned World tour.

I still hope for a typical tour DVD of Madame X tour, but don't think my hopes will be fulfilled.
                                              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Confessions Tour - 15th Anniversary

Madonna opened her seventh concert tour on 21st May 2006 in Inglewood. The tour grossed US$194.7 million across 60 shows, becoming the highest-grossing tour ever for a female artist (at the time). The tour was also recognised by the Guinness World Records in 2007 as having the highest-grossing music tour per concert, with an average gross of $3.2m per show.

Did you confess?
                                                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I ‘confessed’ twice in London. Easily one of the greatest concerts of all time. I remember seeing RIT in 2004 (first time seeing her live) and knew I had to see her next tour more than once.

I was a teenager at the time, so got myself a part time job and saved across 2005 for tickets and the subsequent trip to London. I ended up travelling hundreds of miles to London on my own for five days and loving every minute of it - it was the first time I had ever been anywhere and really done anything on my own for myself.

Both my tickets were for shows around the catwalk b-stage and I remember standing on a chair to take a photo of her, and she looked right at me. If you are ever in Madonna’s orbit, you know it. Honestly, time stood still.
                                                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Amazing sounds like an incredible experience.

I’m so ready to see MX.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X