Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

It is a fact that I consider MDNAT her worst tour since WTG. I can’t change that, so maybe learn to accept opinions. As far as I’m aware we were having a pleasant exchange - this is a discussion forum after all.

Not everything has to be prefaced with the words ‘I think’. It’s pretty obvious I think a lot when it comes to Madonna.
    Yeah, it's not a serious thing at all

but even after all these years your taste still shocks me

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
      On a different but relative subject, the "MDNA tour" and "Rebel Heart tour" DVDs and cds have 0 replay value for me and that's a first for a Madonna tour dvd/cd. I just don't enjoy them at all whereas I can rewatch countless times all Madonna tours before
      I'm a big fan of her live albums but could never listen to rebel heart's from start to finish without skipping.mostnof songs and completely abandoned it after a couple of weeks.
      ON the other hand, MDNA Is one my most listened to Madonna albums lol
      My most listened Madonna song (all time ) is Hung Up live from Confessions though
      I don't care for watching the shows,especially when she started to release them with those criminal edits

Comment

There was no self contradiction. Read the language used and perhaps accept that I don’t think everything Madonna does is perfect. Which is your real objection.
        You know That isn’t the case based on our previous discussions. I dislike Rebel Heart tour your hate Hard Candy and have been very critical of some of her other works.

what is troublesome is the gaslighting of others who do share different opinions, asking them if they are serious and continuously tearing down their opinion to make yours look more valid. It isn’t that you share a different opinion at all. Mess
        Last edited by Mpol; Mon May 24, 2021, 15:40.

Comment

• If you genuinely think it’s gaslighting to discuss, question and challenge someone else’s opinion, that’s a very scary and dangerous view you have of the world.

You have tried to turn a perfectly friendly, perfectly acceptable and perfectly innocent exchange into something sinister. I’m not here to convince anyone of anything but I’m not afraid to have conviction in my own opinions either.

I mean if I had that much influence you’d all be convinced Like a Prayer was her worst album, but I accept I’m alone in that

I still think this has everything to do with you not appreciating the MDNA shade as you were praising my posts on the last page when you agreed - so I’ll just take you say with a pinch of salt and move on.
          “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• You tried it girl. Next

Comment

• I never listen to her live albums. But of course I did buy them because of the DVD.

Still, my most played Madonna tour is The Blond Ambition Tour. (Which wasn't even officially released.)

One of the best tours I've ever seen. Happy to have actually seen it at the time.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Comment

• If only the footage hadn’t been lost, we might have had an extended or directors cut by now...
                  “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                    I never listen to her live albums. But of course I did buy them because of the DVD.

Still, my most played Madonna tour is The Blond Ambition Tour. (Which wasn't even officially released.)

One of the best tours I've ever seen. Happy to have actually seen it at the time.

I will always be jealous of and happy for you in equal measure for that. That had to have been a life-affirming experience
                    She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post

I will always be jealous of and happy for you in equal measure for that. That had to have been a life-affirming experience
                      I had been to the Who's That Girl Tour as well (and had seen The Virgin Tour on VHS). The Blond Ambition Tour was a HUGE step up theatre wise as well as vocally. Everything was just perfect. Still one of the best shows I've seen by any artist.
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I had been to the Who's That Girl Tour as well (and had seen The Virgin Tour on VHS). The Blond Ambition Tour was a HUGE step up theatre wise as well as vocally. Everything was just perfect. Still one of the best shows I've seen by any artist.
                        BAT re-wrote what a pop concert could be and changed the industry completely, Madonna never gets enough credit for this. Even in the last twenty years, the idea of creating exclusive videos as interludes and incorporating backing videos can be attributed to DWT and Re-Invention.

On RIT those massive screens were an industry first - not just because of their size, but the fact they moved and were part of the staging.

The RIT staging was huge for an indoor experience when you think about it - those massive moving screens, four hydronic platforms rising up above the stage (and down below it), a massive catwalk dropping from the ceiling, a conveyer belt, two pits for the audience and then there’s the fact the entire stage was a drum revolve. Then you had dancer descending from above the stage and a half pipe and skateboarding going on.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Express Yourself (official video) just got an HD treatment!

Comment

• It’s so pretty

Definitely an upscale rather than a HD upload (like Frozen etc) but it’ll do!

#FreeBritney

Comment

• MDNA tour is on of her best tours ever, up there with TGS, BAT, DWT and Confessions.
                              "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                                MDNA tour is on of her best tours ever, up there with TGS, BAT, DWT and Confessions.
                                Yes is amazing. I love it.

My favorite tours:

1. Confessions tour
                                2. Virgin tour
                                3. BAT
                                4. DWT
                                5. RIT

Plus: MDNA Tour.

Comment

• It’s so hard. But.

confessions
                                  drowned world
                                  mdna
                                  Blonde ambition
                                  girly

sticky and sweet
                                  reinvention

rebel

whos that girl
                                  like a virgin

And. Onside ring how great rebel was I just can’t at the lelevl of incredible

Comment

• 1. Confessions
                                    2. Re-Invention
                                    3. Sticky & Sweet
                                    4. Madame X
                                    5. Drowned World
                                    6. The Girlie Show
                                    7. Blond Ambition
                                    8. Rebel Heart
                                    9. The Virgin Tour
                                    10. MDNA
                                    11. Who’s That Girl

There isn’t a bad show, but the first eight are pretty great to incredible, The Virgin Tour I love because it’s pure, raw, 1980s Madonna fresh from NYC and MDNA and WTG aren’t very exciting visually, but sonically I’ve really enjoyed listening to them over the years.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Ive always liked Hard Candy the least of her albums but this last few days I’ve been craving something sweet so I put it on. It’s actually pretty good. I just wish she would have explored the Pharellensound and pushed him further. There are such wonderful moments on this album they don’t always make a great track as a whole.

but it’s hitting harder for me tonight. Maybe it’s the red wine I’m sipping on.

give it to me still slaps. Polka pop

Comment

• Hard Candy has always been a great album, Madonna fans just took a dislike as soon as they heard she was working with Timbaland, and wrote it off before they heard any of it.

The stronger tracks are the Pharrell productions, but that’s no surprise because they’re the only songs Madonna also co-produced. Yet despite surrounding herself with big name R&B producers, the strength of Hard Candy is that the album still has a huge pop sensibility.

Lyrically I think it’s a pretty straight forward album, and in some ways both HC and MDNA show both sides of a divorce - HC mixes between sexualised songs (sex as a bandaid), a retreat into joyful pastimes to mask sadness (Heartbeat - M’s love of dancing) and the realisation it’s all over (Miles Away).

My favourite lyric has always been ‘Cause dancing makes me feel beautiful’, which I’ve always thought she delivered with such sadness. But it’s also loaded with truth, in that performing has been a lifelong passion and where Madonna has received most of her validation and adoration. Sad and honest, yet somehow overlooked.

But overall I think HC has aged really well - the only exception really being 4 Minutes... but 4 Minutes is still a great song and her last genuine global hit for Madonna. The real standout though is Miles Away, and one of the best things she’s recorded in the last 20 years.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• FINALLY! Madame X Tour coming October

#FreeBritney

Comment

FINALLY! Madame X Tour coming October
                                            In 5 months
                                            Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by BodyShop; Sat May 29, 2021, 03:47.

Comment

• October for the release? Wtf.

side bar, she looks stunning in these latest pics

Comment

• Why does it takes too long this time? Coved effect or what? I don't get it. She takes too much time
                                                    Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X