No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The biopic was never abandoned and never scheduled to shoot in Q3 2021. It hasn’t even started pre-production. No casting has taken place, no creatives hired.

Once pre-production starts we will know about it months before it starts shooting - sets will need building, costumes will need making, actors will need casting, filmmakers will need hiring.

There was masses of media about WE long before Madonna even stepped behind the camera. Considering the decades the biopic will cover, the amount of casting news will be immense - not just on who plays Madonna, but who gets to do the cameos of real stars making cameos etc.

Obviously Sean will be a character, but there’s a good chance people like Prince, MJ, Britney, Christina and Justin will feature too. There’ll be a lot of buzz around casting and it won’t stay quiet - a lot of people are going to want to be in a Madonna biopic and casting bigger names in smaller or cameo roles is going to keep the studio happy and allow Madonna to hire someone less famous to play her.

I’m so excited for the biopic but I do hope it gets to be released for her 40th anniversary - I suspect there are other things planned for that too.

Luckily Madonna can be flexible on when her 40th anniversary actually is: she can go with the release of Everybody, the release of her first album or even Holiday - all three are acceptable milestones and then there’s the fact Holiday didn’t peak globally until early 1984.

So she has flexibility, which is good when you have script issues and a pandemic to deal with
    Words are useless, especially sentences.
    they don’t stand for anything.
    How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• I ve been reading that Erin Wilson is not there to replace Diablo Cody, she is involved to fix here and there the script and help Madonna to write the final , a sort of supervisor. Diablo Cody works won’t be lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forreal View Post
        I ve been reading that Erin Wilson is not there to replace Diablo Cody, she is involved to fix here and there the script and help Madonna to write the final , a sort of supervisor. Diablo Cody works won’t be lost.
        It’s anyone’s guess really. I don’t think it’s a start over or that Cody won’t get credit in the end - but it’s more than just a polishing up as Madonna is giving her access to all of the same raw materials she did Diablo.

Hollywood has many script doctors that polish up scripts - usually it’s a way of making sure all the beats land when they are supposed to, that dialogue is doing it’s job etc. You don’t need anything except the script to make the script better.

Script Doctors don’t get writing credit and one of the most famous script doctors was probably Carrie Fisher - who doctored movies like Sister Act, Hook and even a few of the Star Wars movies.

Based on how visible Madonna has made Erin, it’s not that and thus is more than tweaking - she’ll be writing and re-writing the Diablo version and getting a writing credit too. That doesn’t mean Diablo’s version was bad, it just means they think it can be better - and clearly the lack of chemistry between her and Madonna contributed towards that.

Erin and Madonna have more chemistry from just one IG post than Diablo seemed to have for the months she was there with Madonna. So it’s all positives from what I can tell.

Comment

• I dont know why she doesnt work with Pharrell more? They have great chemistry and I think he is the only one that could return her to the top of the American charts. But they would both have to bring their A-games. The stuff he did with daft punk or robin thick but even better.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
            I dont know why she doesnt work with Pharrell more? They have great chemistry and I think he is the only one that could return her to the top of the American charts. But they would both have to bring their A-games. The stuff he did with daft punk or robin thick but even better.
            Madonna did work with Pharrell on Rebel Heart and he gets a writer and producer credit on Madame X.

Comment

• A few pages of "screenplay" has leaked, i do think they are all fake but if they aren't, God.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• ^Why “God”? Are they bad or good?
                Give details, please
                "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Im talking about Pharrell having this stroke of genius and approaching Madonna with it, then she also channels her mega creativity that she had in her big highs and THAT song would be an undeniable hit. I dont think the world is done with Madonna but they are waiting for something that is worth it. I can only picture Pharrell bringing that to the table for her since his ties with US radio are so deep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post
                    ^Why “God”? Are they bad or good?
                    Give details, please
                    It’s a scene about Madonna saying she sex in order to sing well and ends with her having a threesome with her brother.

Why anyone would even bother mentioning it is beyond me.

Comment

• Wonder what she’s teasing in her latest Instagram post. She talks about a re-invention with a camera emoji…I first thought about the biopic, but that’s hardly a re-invention.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                        Wonder what she’s teasing in her latest Instagram post. She talks about a re-invention with a camera emoji…I first thought about the biopic, but that’s hardly a re-invention.
                        It probably is movie related. She spent most of the pandemic in LA didn’t she? Maybe she just means she’s moving back to NYC and will make the movie from there instead.

Who knows - a reinvention nowadays to Madonna is finding a new Instagram filter that changes the shape of her face.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                            Who knows - a reinvention nowadays to Madonna is finding a new Instagram filter that changes the shape of her face.
                            ouch
                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

ouch
                              No but seriously, look at the state of her face in the above photos. Where did her cheeks go? Why is her jaw like an inch wide? Then there’s the fact her filtered eyelashes are actually on her eyeball rather than her eye lid

Comment

• And whilst I’m on roll, please Madonna, if you’re back in NYC at least find a different room to take your selfies on. I’m so over bathroom selfies

Comment

It’s a scene about Madonna saying she sex in order to sing well and ends with her having a threesome with her brother.

Why anyone would even bother mentioning it is beyond me.
                                  omfg
                                  don’t know what to expect from this movie.
                                  or better, I expect a proper director with M as a consultant, but i guess it’s wishful thinking

"Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• I wish she recorded and released something while we're waiting for MX Tour. I don't think biopic will start shooting soon so she could've recorded and released a 4 song EP to satisfy the fans.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                      I wish she recorded and released something while we're waiting for MX Tour. I don't think biopic will start shooting soon so she could've recorded and released a 4 song EP to satisfy the fans.
                                      If only that rumoured EP with that golden shower song had been real

Comment

If only that rumoured EP with that golden shower song had been real
                                        There was a disgusting song about feces if i remember it right
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• She’s still with her boyfriend alas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
                                            She’s still with her boyfriend alas.
                                            Duh

I was hopping she finally get rid of that disgusting guy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
                                              She’s still with her boyfriend alas.
                                              Nooooooooooooo!

Comment

• I literally had a dream Madonna released a surprise album last night - if only

Comment

I literally had a dream Madonna released a surprise album last night - if only
                                                  Rhetorical sentence

Comment

• She posted something with God is coming caption, what do you think is coming?
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X