Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post

Of course, still, that has nothing to do with the comment I
    made. I didn’t say she looks bad for her age, she looks like a mockery of herself. The way she aged is one thing, the way she carries it and presents it is another.
    Your comment was lame.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• She looked great tbh after the surgery and everything I thought it would be harder for her to be able to move this way
      looked like she had a great time too and all for a good cause so that's all fine by me

Comment

• Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
        Madonna's Celeb-Packed Pride Party Raised $100,000 For LGBTQ+ Orgs

https://www.advocate.com/arts-entert...allery-media-1
        and to think some from the very group she's helping seem to be posting the harshest comments online , and vastly for superficial reasons no less.

it's dammed if she does and dammed if she doesn't

it's more a reflection of themselves than anything else

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

and to think some from the very group she's helping seem to be posting the harshest comments online , and vastly for superficial reasons no less.

it's dammed if she does and dammed if she doesn't

it's more a reflection of themselves than anything else
          No one has criticised Madonna’s commitment to the LGBTQ+ community, just her artistic choices. It’s been so long since Madonna did a real interview, I can understand why some fans don’t feel like they know her anymore - especially when a lot of fans here came on board 1996 - 2005 and never actually lived through 1982 - 1994.

Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

No one has criticised Madonna’s commitment to the LGBTQ+ community, just her artistic choices. It’s been so long since Madonna did a real interview, I can understand why some fans don’t feel like they know her anymore - especially when a lot of fans here came on board 1996 - 2005 and never actually lived through 1982 - 1994.
            you'd think of all people, her fans would be more open minded about everything
            maybe they think they won't hit her age at some point , the way those comments go

Comment

• I still don't get the chicken tenders comment, but anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

you'd think of all people, her fans would be more open minded about everything
                maybe they think they won't hit her age at some point , the way those comments go
                Madonna’s biggest critics have always been her fans. I blame her for that though as she has always been very open about being a perfectionist and utterly professional, but is starting to fail to live up to her own expectations.

The ‘Queen of Pop’ title is something she used to work for, knowing it has to be maintained and came with an expectation of quality. But nowadays she uses it as a means of excusing a lot of her questionable decisions, like ‘oh, they’ll cheer me anyway’.

Yet historically Madonna hasn’t really liked her fans. What Madonna really likes is attention but only on her terms and in small doses. Her fans serve a purpose - she doesn’t engage with us and certainly doesn’t respect us.

However, her face and body are her own so I don’t think anyone should should judge. I think having an opinion is fine, as long as people remember to critique rather than criticise.
                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I don't think people are supposed to like everything or most she is currently doing to be Madonna fans. Personally I have been a fan all my life. Although she has lost me quite significantly since 2008, I will always be a fan because of all the great times before that. I don't think that anybody has a problem with her age, the problem is that some of us don't like her artistic expression nowadays, for example personally I do think she looked great in that pride event but the way she performed seemed to be lazy without any real vision, substance or even choreography other than "I'm Madonna, you're LGBT, worship me". For an artist that was never a natural performer like Prince or Michael but was a damn great perfectionist whose choreographies and appearances were always thought-out in every detail, that is disappointing. I think my reaction would have been exactly the same, had she been 30 or 40 years younger, it has nothing to do with age
                  jio CHARTS NOW: 19/10/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...5#post10765535

Comment

• I'm glad she posted about Istanbul parade, she doesn't seem to know that Police attacked them yet i guess.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                      I don't think people are supposed to like everything or most she is currently doing to be Madonna fans. Personally I have been a fan all my life. Although she has lost me quite significantly since 2008, I will always be a fan because of all the great times before that. I don't think that anybody has a problem with her age, the problem is that some of us don't like her artistic expression nowadays, for example personally I do think she looked great in that pride event but the way she performed seemed to be lazy without any real vision, substance or even choreography other than "I'm Madonna, you're LGBT, worship me". For an artist that was never a natural performer like Prince or Michael but was a damn great perfectionist whose choreographies and appearances were always thought-out in every detail, that is disappointing. I think my reaction would have been exactly the same, had she been 30 or 40 years younger, it has nothing to do with age
                      Problem is you come across as if this was something she rehearsed weeks for.

Comment

• Queen has been #1 trending topic in Turkey since last night thanks to her bringing awareness about Istanbul pride.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• She raised the money 150k for the charity with her Polaroids, regardless of her chicken tenders or whatever. Though its was a wrong place to showcase her tits because there were all queens who look at her like god but not a sexual bombshell to toy with , they loved her. And i always love her in ny gay pride. She is the biggest advocate or the mighty god for gays. So what the heck?
                          Last edited by autumnwind; Tue June 29, 2021, 17:32.
                          Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• I was there. Pandemonium is the only way to describe it (all puns included). She is and will always be the Queen of Pop. She’s beyond the charts now; she’s Madonna.

Comment

• Ahhhh how was it ???

Comment

This is interesting. What do you feel is the difference in those time periods as far as getting to know her?

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

This is interesting. What do you feel is the difference in those time periods as far as getting to know her?
                                  From 1994 to 1998 Madonna deliberately set out to rehabilitate her image due to the backlash her SEX book had caused. She wanted a softer image - she released a ballad greatest hits album, took singing lessons and made Evita, discovered religion and became a mother.

She did a lot of growing up and in the intervening years, a lot of the things she had stood for in the 1980s - gay rights, female equality, AIDS awareness etc - had made huge strides and whilst this is a complete over simplification, from 1996 to 2005 she was essentially a ‘rebel without a cause’.

So she got married, settled down and for a while, found a happiness that allowed her to just focus on creating great work. Gone was the oversexed and sexually provocative image - instead we had the yoga loving, tracksuit wearing, cowgirl and disco diva that had become deeply religious.

But not everyone was happy with Mrs Ritchie as a lot of fans no longer recognised her: the ball gowns, the dodgy accent, the country estate with the pet chickens, the children’s books... where has the NYC girl gone?

Then she divorced Guy, moved back to NYC, started dating guys in their 20s and brought back her sexualised image - and thus became a rebel with a cause: ageism.

I’m going to end it there because your question is hard to answer - but the key differences can be seen in her documentaries ‘Truth or Dare’ and ‘I’m Going To Tell You a Secret’. Madonna herself has said she cringes at how bratty she was in TOD and her 1980s fans cringe at how preachy, devoutly religious and frankly, how deluded she appears at times in IGTTYAS.

Nowadays I don’t really know who she is. I’d love to find out, but she doesn’t really let anyone in and acts up for the camera more than ever. I suspect there’s a lot of sadness in Madonna.
                                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Papa Don't Preach now in HD:

Comment

• Pretty decent.
                                      Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Girl why are you acting like a bitter, insecure queen? She didn't have to shade Lil Nas X like that.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                          Girl why are you acting like a bitter, insecure queen? She didn't have to shade Lil Nas X like that.
                                          Uhm .... what happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forreal View Post

Uhm .... what happened?
                                            She said she had a same sex kiss on stage first. I guess he just did something similar, but the world didn’t blink
                                            Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                              Girl why are you acting like a bitter, insecure queen? She didn't have to shade Lil Nas X like that.
                                              Not that I care to defend her nowadays but I think it was just her acid 'sense of humor' . Either way,yes,unnecessary

Comment

Nowadays I don’t really know who she is. I’d love to find out, but she doesn’t really let anyone in and acts up for the camera more than ever. I suspect there’s a lot of sadness in Madonna.
                                                I agree.
                                                I honestly feel like Madonna- the one I fell in love with - no longer exists.
                                                Note,that's MY perception.
                                                it's like she's...there... going through the days...which would be totally fine if she still doesn't seem to try so hard to shine or to impress or to be relevant or whatever when in reality,she's just an empty version of who she once was.
                                                I find all the situation about her,the things she do,say ,etc, so weird, that I don't even know how translate my feelings into words.
                                                To turn something complex into something simple,I feel like Madonna ,the woman I have always loved, is gone

Comment

She said she had a same sex kiss on stage first. I guess he just did something similar, but the world didn’t blink
                                                  It wasn't just a "same sex kiss" actually. Lil Nas X is an actual gay man, a rapper in a generally homophobic industry, being out and proud of his sexuality, sharing a kiss onstage at BET with another homosexual man during Pride month. It actually represents something real.

Madonna kissing Britney for show has nothing to do with that what so ever so she didn't do it first.
                                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• He tweeted that it was a joke and him and madonna are friends. Much ado about nothing from the thought police.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X