No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and why do we forget again about Xtina?
    jio CHARTS NOW: 5/7//2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10956364

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

It wasn't just a "same sex kiss" actually. Lil Nas X is an actual gay man, a rapper in a generally homophobic industry, being out and proud of his sexuality, sharing a kiss onstage at BET with another homosexual man during Pride month. It actually represents something real.

Madonna kissing Britney for show has nothing to do with that what so ever so she didn't do it first.
      In 2003 same sex marriage was illegal in all fifty states - Madonna’s performance wasn’t ‘for show’, but a completely political statement. Two months prior to the performance, the US finally de-criminalised same sex intercourse in all fifty states and a matter of months later the first state approved same sex marriage.

You want to know why Lil Nas X is able to be the person he is? Thank Madonna. She’s been fighting for gay rights her entire career - nearly twice as long as Lil Nas X has been alive.

Madonna’s VMA performance was a literal staging of a same sex marriage, including the world’s most famous and influential female rapper in history.

Know your pop culture and know your history before coming for people. Madonna had gay black men kissing in her Truth or Dare film in cinemas 30 years ago. You know, the highest grossing documentary of all time for 11 years. There is nothing wrong with celebrating pride month, but being able to celebrate the fact that a same sex kiss is just a kiss is the legacy Madonna helped shape.
      Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
        and why do we forget again about Xtina?
        People might remember her if she remembered she was a pop star and released some god damn new music more than once every 100 years.

Comment

• Madonna has dated a woman before and I believe said shes bisexual but i cant remember. I also think madonna said in an interview that it wasnt for controversy. His was important yes and so was Madonnas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
            He tweeted that it was a joke and him and madonna are friends. Much ado about nothing from the thought police.
            We saw it a decade ago with Gaga’s monsters and we’re seeing it again now a generation later - people just don’t know their history and the contribution of those that came beforehand. I suppose that’s the way it goes - people born into a normal they never had to fight for never think about the fight others went through to get them.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

I agree.
              I honestly feel like Madonna- the one I fell in love with - no longer exists.
              Note,that's MY perception.
              it's like she's...there... going through the days...which would be totally fine if she still doesn't seem to try so hard to shine or to impress or to be relevant or whatever when in reality,she's just an empty version of who she once was.
              I find all the situation about her,the things she do,say ,etc, so weird, that I don't even know how translate my feelings into words.
              To turn something complex into something simple,I feel like Madonna ,the woman I have always loved, is gone
              ‘My Madonna’ is still in there and she showed me that during MX promo - ‘The World of Madame X’ is very much a 2003 Madonna moment, where you can see the work, the thought process, the influences etc and how she mashed them all together to create something uniquely her own. That’s pure Madonna and the Madonna I love.

I honestly don’t think she’s trying to be relevant or impress or fit in, because that argument never made any sense to me - there was a thousand things Madonna could have done if she really wanted the teenagers to notice her, but she can’t even be bothered to promote her music to her existing audience, never mind anyone else.

No, Madonna makes music with current trends for her existing fanbase. It’s something a lot of people overlook but I honestly think that’s the truth. Madonna has made no secret of the fact she’s hears stuff, finds out who makes it and then asks to work with them - it’s what’s she’s always done, even as far back as Vogue with Shep and Bedtime Stories with Babyface.

Ultimately, new music trends are not exclusively for younger people and that’s what Madonna tried to do. People criticise Madonna for working with Timbaland but honestly, that makes more sense to me than Timbaland and Celine Dion or Timbaland and Bjork (both of which happened).

I might not agree with everything Madonna does now but I like that she keeps moving forward and trying new things. Say what you like, she’s 100% open minded. When you consider most people her age are now grandparents and set in their ways, I can honestly say I admire her zest for life still.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

‘My Madonna’ is still in there and she showed me that during MX promo - ‘The World of Madame X’ is very much a 2003 Madonna moment, where you can see the work, the thought process, the influences etc and how she mashed them all together to create something uniquely her own. That’s pure Madonna and the Madonna I love.

I honestly don’t think she’s trying to be relevant or impress or fit in, because that argument never made any sense to me - there was a thousand things Madonna could have done if she really wanted the teenagers to notice her, but she can’t even be bothered to promote her music to her existing audience, never mind anyone else.

No, Madonna makes music with current trends for her existing fanbase. It’s something a lot of people overlook but I honestly think that’s the truth. Madonna has made no secret of the fact she’s hears stuff, finds out who makes it and then asks to work with them - it’s what’s she’s always done, even as far back as Vogue with Shep and Bedtime Stories with Babyface.

Ultimately, new music trends are not exclusively for younger people and that’s what Madonna tried to do. People criticise Madonna for working with Timbaland but honestly, that makes more sense to me than Timbaland and Celine Dion or Timbaland and Bjork (both of which happened).

I might not agree with everything Madonna does now but I like that she keeps moving forward and trying new things. Say what you like, she’s 100% open minded. When you consider most people her age are now grandparents and set in their ways, I can honestly say I admire her zest for life still.
                I am not talking about her music or the trends she uses to make it ... it goes much deeper than that...
                Anyway,perceptions change from person to person and ,like I said,that's mine.
                I no longer feel a connection with Madonna ,neither the artist nor the person(even if it's the person she let's the world see ,cause like she once said "nobody knows me")

Comment

We saw it a decade ago with Gaga’s monsters and we’re seeing it again now a generation later - people just don’t know their history and the contribution of those that came beforehand. I suppose that’s the way it goes - people born into a normal they never had to fight for never think about the fight others went through to get them.
                  If you think it is anyway normal for a black homosexual rapper to go onto a prime time US awards show and kiss another gay black homosexual man you are being very naive and really should do your own research before having an absolute meltdown of your own especially when I never questioned Madonna's loyalty to the cause
                  ​​​​​​or her work over the years. Hint the name you need is Adam Lambert.
                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

It wasn't just a "same sex kiss" actually. Lil Nas X is an actual gay man, a rapper in a generally homophobic industry, being out and proud of his sexuality, sharing a kiss onstage at BET with another homosexual man during Pride month. It actually represents something real.

Madonna kissing Britney for show has nothing to do with that what so ever so she didn't do it first.
                    You're absolutely right! But then again, nobody gets her sense of humor or her irony!
                    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Also, I think they're friends...
                      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

If you think it is anyway normal for a black homosexual rapper to go onto a prime time US awards show and kiss another gay black homosexual man you are being very naive and really should do your own research before having an absolute meltdown of your own especially when I never questioned Madonna's loyalty to the cause
                        ​​​​​​or her work over the years. Hint the name you need is Adam Lambert.
                        Honesty, if a same-sex kiss during pride month means a lot to you, then so be it. I have no issue with that. What I take issue with the the false outrage based on a lack of knowledge directed at Madonna.

Madonna’s was a politically motivated staging of a same sex marriage (back when award shows and MTV meant something) in a country where two months earlier they had de-criminalised same sex intercourse and same sex marriage was illegal in all fifty states.

Don’t come into a Madonna thread and say that the things she has done to promote LGBTQ+ equality have nothing to do with Pride. It’s just ignorant.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                          But then again, nobody gets her sense of humor or her irony!
                          I mean, no one gets her irony because most of the time she when she claims to be ironic she isn’t being ironic

Comment

• Menime Madonna did A LOT for the gay community at a time when few other (if any) mainstream straight pop acts were vocal on the issue and the scene in "In Bed With Madonna" was clearly a huge step in promoting the normalization of gays in society. So I do agree with you in that a gay black person today kissing on stage another is not as significant as Madonna standing up for gays and lesbians when they needed it the most ('80s and early '90s mostly).

But I will disagree with you and agree with InFamous on the 2013 performance. There was nothing political in that, it was a clear publicity stand and it succeeded as such. If it was political, then it completely failed because nobody got it as such as far as I am aware. Instead everybody reacted with shock (fake of course) to an act that today looks pretty normal. I mean even Madonna never tried to pass it as political when talking about it.
                            jio CHARTS NOW: 5/7//2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10956364

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

I am not talking about her music or the trends she uses to make it ... it goes much deeper than that...
                              Anyway,perceptions change from person to person and ,like I said,that's mine.
                              I no longer feel a connection with Madonna ,neither the artist nor the person(even if it's the person she let's the world see ,cause like she once said "nobody knows me")
                              No I know, I was just feeding off my line of thought. I’m like Madonna, I’m my own muse now

I love Madame X because I feel that connection to her through the music. I get what she was trying to do and I was so there for it - including the vocal choices that alienated a lot of people.

Killers and Batuka are some of my favourite Madonna songs of her career and that’s when I love her the most - when she takes me somewhere I didn’t know I needed to go and introduces me to things I didn’t know I needed introducing to.

That’s what I’ve always found inspiring - when she finds something she feels a need to share through her art. Sadly it doesn’t happen enough nowadays, but she’s still in there.

Comment

Honesty, if a same-sex kiss during pride month means a lot to you, then so be it. I have no issue with that. What I take issue with the the false outrage based on a lack of knowledge directed at Madonna.

Madonna’s was a politically motivated staging of a same sex marriage (back when award shows and MTV meant something) in a country where two months earlier they had de-criminalised same sex intercourse and same sex marriage was illegal in all fifty states.

Don’t come into a Madonna thread and say that the things she has done to promote LGBTQ+ equality have nothing to do with Pride. It’s just ignorant.
                                LOL I wasn't outraged at all I love Madonna.

And I never did this lol. As usual you are seeing what you want to see, as opposed to what I actually wrote. I spoke about one incident - the kiss. And it was a publicity stunt. No one has ever tied the legalisation of same sex marriage to that performance.

Let me take you back to an important moment in our nation's history: the 2003 MTV VMAs, when Britney Spears infamously kissed Madonna and spawned an entire generation of gay men. Christina Aguilera, another queen of pop, was also there and also kissed Madonna⁠—but MTV panned to Justin Timberlake's face during her kiss, so she missed her moment. (Remember, J.T. and Britney had just broken up, and MTV was clearly trying to cash in on that drama.)
                                Last edited by InFamous; Wed June 30, 2021, 18:54.
                                " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                  He tweeted that it was a joke and him and madonna are friends. Much ado about nothing from the thought police.
                                  A+++++++++

Comment

• Yungblud has released a cover of Like A Virgin as part if the Spotify singles thing...interesting take on it

Comment

• I'm starting to think she loves provoking people and getting hate. I'm sure she's laughing at all those ageist insults with a wine in her hand
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Today is Friday and a new tracking week has begun. To stick with the the weekly streaming parties we'll be streaming Hard Candy this week. It's been awhile for me, so I'm looking forward to it. My faves includes Miles Away, Devil, She's Not Me, GI2M....what about you?

Comment

• I really dislike that album so i'm gonna stream 3-4 tracks only.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                                            Today is Friday and a new tracking week has begun. To stick with the the weekly streaming parties we'll be streaming Hard Candy this week. It's been awhile for me, so I'm looking forward to it. My faves includes Miles Away, Devil, She's Not Me, GI2M....what about you?
                                            I love 4 Minutes, Miles Away, Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You, Give It 2 Me & Voices.

It’s definitely one of her weakest albums though. "Incredible" is her worst song by far in my opinion. What an ironic song title.
                                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• My fave from HC in no particular order

Miles Away
                                              Devil
                                              Voices
                                              Beat Goes On
                                              Candy Shop
                                              Heartbeat
                                              She is Not Me

Comment

• I only use Candy Shop, Miles Away and Beat Goes On from that album. Beat Goes On was wasted by not being released as a single.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I like HC better then Confessions. There a lot of bops on it. Only songs I dislike are Incredible, spanish lesson, and voices.

Comment

• Love Hard Candy. I never understood the hate for it, and whilst it has weaker moments, I love it all. Dance 2Night is probably the worst song though - and I’ll admit it: I really like Spanish Lesson. Yes it’s fun and yes it’s silly, but it’s catchy and it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X