No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I swear they’re working together on new music. Madonna and Nile haven’t interacted in decades and now they’re besties? Sure.
    Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Which album cover do we consider the ‘main’ album cover for Madame X then? Unlike previous eras, it seems the stand cover, the Khalo inspired cover is incredibly prevalent (unlike, for example, the red sweater RH cover or the MDNA arms cover).

Yet that version isn’t even the cover used on streaming services, suggesting more people are exposed to the blonde hair cover. Yet Madonna uploaded them both onto IG on the same day

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
        I swear they’re working together on new music. Madonna and Nile haven’t interacted in decades and now they’re besties? Sure.
        Maybe they have reconnected as she was digging through her past for the biopic?
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Maybe they have reconnected as she was digging through her past for the biopic?
          Anything is possible, but I wonder what she needed to re-connect with him about? It’s so unlike Madonna to re-friend people from her past.

Comment

Anything is possible, but I wonder what she needed to re-connect with him about? It’s so unlike Madonna to re-friend people from her past.
            Maybe so many people from her past are dead and she wanted to re-connect before it's too late? I don't think they're making new music. As much as i want her to, Maddy is such a traditionalist, she won't record an album before she's ready to get into album cycle. I wish she did surprise releases from time to time since her commercial times are over, she could make her fans happy with new songs.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Maybe so many people from her past are dead and she wanted to re-connect before it's too late? I don't think they're making new music. As much as i want her to, Maddy is such a traditionalist, she won't record an album before she's ready to get into album cycle. I wish she did surprise releases from time to time since her commercial times are over, she could make her fans happy with new songs.
              She’s making a biopic - making a new song or two with an old 80s collaborator seems within the realms of possibility... just about

Comment

She’s making a biopic - making a new song or two with an old 80s collaborator seems within the realms of possibility... just about
                Tbh i don't think she'll record new songs for the biopic. Maybe she'll re-release The Immaculate Collection?
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Tbh i don't think she'll record new songs for the biopic. Maybe she'll re-release The Immaculate Collection?
                  I think Madonna will be looking for as many Oscar nominations as she can get. With so many pop stars getting Oscar noms and awards over the last decade, Madonna should be aiming for one too.

Honestly, I think she’ll go all out for this biopic. If she releases a greatest hits as an OST too, we’re in a big era.

Comment

I think Madonna will be looking for as many Oscar nominations as she can get. With so many pop stars getting Oscar noms and awards over the last decade, Madonna should be aiming for one too.

Honestly, I think she’ll go all out for this biopic. If she releases a greatest hits as an OST too, we’re in a big era.
                    With a huge tour following would be perfect.

I can't wait to see that masturbation scene in the biopic though
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

With a huge tour following would be perfect.

I can't wait to see that masturbation scene in the biopic though
                      I’m not sure it will be included. I know, it’s a huge moment in her career, but surely LAV will have its moment when she re-creates the 84 VMAs? BAT has to be represented by Vogue. I’d prefer LAP, but we’re getting a scene during the recording session of LAP - so presumably that’s it’s little moment to shine.

There’s so much she’ll need to cut, I just hope she picks the right moments to include.

Comment

• ^ I trust Madonna in this. She knows she has to nail and when she knows this, she puts out immaculate work.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

^ I trust Madonna in this. She knows she has to nail and when she knows this, she puts out immaculate work.
                          I trust her too. She might be acting like the rich old pot woman on Instagram, but she’s still mega self aware. She knows what she’s doing.

Comment

I trust her too. She might be acting like the rich old pot woman on Instagram, but she’s still mega self aware. She knows what she’s doing.
                            She loves trolling her fans
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I just hope she picks the right moments to include.
                              Well... that's the problem

Comment

• I haven't seen any of the recent biopics, do they all show the history from beginning to current, or did they end at their peak? How do you shoe Madonna's career in 2 hours?

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                                  How do you shoe Madonna's career in 2 hours?
                                  You can’t.

The thing to remember about biopics is they focus on the story of the individual, not their careers. Madonna can’t make a movie that’s just a list of ‘first I did this, then I did that, then this happened...’ and she wont have the time or space to dig deep into career moments because it’s not episodic.

Madonna will have to pick a theme, decide what story she wants to tell and then work out how she can tell that story using moments from her life, set against the backdrop of her career. She needs a narrative angle and that’s how she tells her story - not the story of her career, but her story.

She’s almost certainly going down the ‘boss woman in a man’s world’ and how she navigated it over the decades. That’s why I think the biopic will be the story she tells in her BBMA speech.

Episodic, detailed career antidotes is something she’ll have to save for an autobiography. Thankfully she has had such a full and interesting career that done right, there’ll be very little cross over between the biopic and any autobiography Madonna wants to release in the future.

Comment

• Today is Friday...you know what that means...a new tracking week...so put your cowboy boots on and start streaming MUSIC this week. Not really one of my favorite albums, will listen to every track. The best for me is Amazing, Runaway Lover, Music, Impressive Instant. I know for some, those are their least favorite! What about you?

Comment

this.
                                      80s tinged tracks makes sense.
                                      infact if she does the 80s and 90s expect baby face and maybe shep to make a reemergence

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                                        Today is Friday...you know what that means...a new tracking week...so put your cowboy boots on and start streaming MUSIC this week. Not really one of my favorite albums, will listen to every track. The best for me is Amazing, Runaway Lover, Music, Impressive Instant. I know for some, those are their least favorite! What about you?
                                        hmm I like the whole album , it's difficult to choose the best one as they're all good songs there , I don't think I skip any tracks whenever I play it

Comment

• Music is my favorite Madonna album. Although, I dont love I Deserve It as some fans do. I find it boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                            Music is my favorite Madonna album. Although, I dont love I Deserve It as some fans do. I find it boring.
                                            Music is one of my least favorite Madonna albums.

But I Deserve It is one of the songs I really like.

Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Music is one of my favorite albums, Music and Paradise are in my top ten!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Music is one of my least favorite Madonna albums.

But I Deserve It is one of the songs I really like.

Music really is an eclectic album. A lot of different sounds and song styles so I can see why people might like different songs. I mean the same album has Impressive Instant and What It Feels Like For a Girl lol.

Comment

• Music is my 3rd favourite Madonna album after ROL and Confessions. It's eclectic yet cohesive at the same time. I Deserve It is one of its highlights in my opinion. The only track from the album which I don't really like is What It Feel Like which is a bit of a snoozefest, but the message is good. The other song which receives a lot of praise from fans is Gone which I've never really been a fan of either.

Impressive Instant should have been the 4th single. At that stage what did they have to lose? If it flopped whatever, but at that point of time the public was ready for Madonna to give them 'different' so I think it could have been a minor hit in Australia and Europe.

Comment

• Madonna’s Mantra: today & always

[Intro] Don't you feel sorry, don't you feel sorry

[Verse 1] Broken like a crooked smile A little hunched over but I walked that mile I've woken from a fuzzy dream You never would believe the things that I have seen

[Pre-Chorus] Don't you feel sorry for me Because I'm right where the universe wants me to be A lesson that I needed to learn But that doesn't mean that it doesn't burn

[Chorus] Don't you feel sorry Don't you feel sorry Don't you feel sorry for me Because I won't change my story Don't take all my glory Don't you feel sorry for me

[Verse 2] Tied up with leather and rope A little bit of medicine to give me hope I'm inky like a smoking gun It's going to take a while to heal the damage done

[Pre-Chorus] Don't you feel sorry for me Because I'm right where the universe wants me to be A lesson that I needed to learn But that doesn't mean that it doesn't burn

[Chorus] Don't you feel sorry Don't you feel sorry Don't you feel sorry for me Because I won't change my story Don't take all my glory Don't you feel sorry for me

[Bridge] A lesson that I needed to learn No pain, no gain, no defective parts No dirty business, no forgiveness, no broken heart (Don't you feel sorry)

[Chorus] Don't you feel sorry Don't you feel sorry Don't you feel sorry for me Because I won't change my story Don't take all my glory Don't you feel sorry for me Don't you feel sorry Don't you feel sorry Don't you feel sorry for me Because I won't change my story Don't take all my glory Don't you feel sorry for me

My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

Working...
                                                    X