Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

She’s too old for that. It’s hard enough getting 20 songs sometimes
    she could b sitting down for most of the sets, she'll only need a stool for the MX section!

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

she could b sitting down for most of the sets, she'll only need a stool for the MX section!
      Just wait until you see MXT - you’ll eat your words.
      Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

Just wait until you see MXT - you’ll eat your words.
        I can't wait that's true, since my show got cancelled

Comment

I can't wait that's true, since my show got cancelled

Comment

• So I’m watching WE for the first time in years and I’d forgot how much it flips back and forth between time frames.... and according to her Instagram, there appears to be as many as three or four timelines she’s going to flip between (although that was the old script).

I still think Madonna shows promise as a director, but I’m a little concerned about how she can move from what is very much an arthouse movie, with a clear indie sensibility, into something that needs to be a major motion high end production.

Her ADs and DOPs will help massively with that (as will the budget) but I really hope she abandons the deliberate steadicam movement - I need fixed cameras with nothing more than a tracking shots.

I’ve always liked WE but it starts incredibly weak script wise, yet really picks up in the middle. She also mixes real news footage into it, which makes me wonder if she might do something similar in her biopic.

I have never liked the whole Wally/Wallis talking scenes, so I hope we don’t see Madonna talking to Madonna in her biopic.

Also Wally is massively, massively miscast with Abbie Cornish. I think Madonna knew this because she spent the whole promo tour pushing Andrea Riseborough as the real star - yet that’s the supporting role.

Anyway, it’s nice revisiting it. I was lucky enough to attend the London premiere and watch the movie with Madonna. I was a few rows ahead of her and kept turning back to watch Madonna watch her own movie. Talk about surreal

Comment

• Word on the street was that she wasn’t very involved with WE as being actual director. I feel this bio pic will be the same. I feel like bio pics work when the artist isn’t to heavily involved. She can approve it all I’m done with that but I don’t know it all reeks to me

Comment

hmm cowboy hat for ROL? I think you're thinking of Music lol

for ROL I'd say start lighting candles while chanting and calling your personal guru to sort out your color aura of the day and getting the henna kit out!
                Lol, I know...hours later, I said to myself what was I thinking, but regardless stream away. Lol

Comment

• Ray of Light is my favourite album of all time so of course I stream it weekly

God Tier:

Frozen
                  Swim
                  The Power of Goodbye
                  Nothing Really Matters
                  Skin
                  Sky Fits Heaven
                  Ray of Light

High Excellence:

Candy Perfume Girl
                  To Have and Not To Hold
                  Drowned World/Substitute for Love

Good:

Mer Girl
                  Shanti/Ashtangi

Average:

Little Star

Comment

• There is not an average song on rol

Comment

• To Have and Not to Hold is criminally underrated. The instrumental is haunting.
                      Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                      www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

I was a few rows ahead of her and kept turning back to watch Madonna watch her own movie. Talk about surreal
                        OMG I didn't know this. Tell us more,please
                        How does she look? How did you feel?
                        I can't even imagine being that close to Madonna .

Comment

• I have never liked To Have And Not To Hold, boring and uninteresting to the max for me
                          Last edited by BodyShop; Sat August 7, 2021, 14:25.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                              OMG I didn't know this. Tell us more,please
                              How does she look? How did you feel?
                              I can't even imagine being that close to Madonna .
                              I’ve been pretty close to Madonna a few times over the years, but WE was special - my background is TV and film production and having produced my own movies before, I felt a kinship with Madonna that evening.

When tickets went on sale (19 I think) Madonna wasn’t confirmed to be attending but I was convinced she would be there - but again, as a filmmaker I really wanted to see WE anyway. As a result, I opted not to pick tickets in the front row, because who sits in the very front row in a cinema stretching their neck?

Anyway, it was a huge mistake because Madonna did a 20 minute interview at the front, but during the movie she was just a few rows behind which was good enough. I remember turning back to look at her and she was very attentive to her own movie, even though she must have seen it a thousand times by then.

It’s always thrilling to be in Madonna’s presence and that was no exception. I’ve been closer actually at concerts (she even sang Dress You Up at me on S&S) but this was different - it almost felt like intruding, because who watches someone watching a movie?

The thing is, I was still starstruck by Madonna in 2011 so it was just exciting - and she was still the biggest star in the world so there was a real buzz in the room. I mean, it’s Madonna.

Comment

• menime123 thank you for sharing. That certainly was an amazing experience

Comment

• Mer Girl is the only song i dislike on ROL, i turn it off when it comes

Skin is probably the second best song, right after Frozen.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I have to be in the mood for ROL. Today’s ranking:

1. Drowned World / Substitute For Love
                                    2. Ray of Light
                                    3. Sky Fits Heaven
                                    4. Skin
                                    5. Nothing Really Matters
                                    6. The Power of Goodbye
                                    7. Swim
                                    8. Frozen
                                    9. Candy Perfume Girl
                                    10. To Have and Not To Hold
                                    11. Mer Girl
                                    12. Little Star
                                    13. Shanti /Ashtangi

Comment

• So what’s everyone’s favourite performance of Holiday?

Comment

• Holiday:

1. Blond Ambition
                                        2. Girlie Show
                                        3. Top of the Pops
                                        Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Re-Invention
                                          Girlie Show
                                          Blond Ambition
                                          My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• The Girlie Show.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Top Of The Pops '84
                                              jio CHARTS NOW: 5/7//2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10956364

Comment

• #1 - Girlie
                                                #2 - BAT
                                                #3 - Reinvention

Comment

• 1. Drowned World Tour
                                                  2. Rebel Heart Tour
                                                  3. Girlie Show

Comment

• I honestly dont like Holiday, so cannot pick one.
                                                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Working...
                                                    X