No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idina Menzel, Cinderella Original Motion Picture Cast - Material Girl (Official Audio)

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
      You can't be serious. Express Yourself is one of its weakest points to me. The string of Til Death Do Us Part, Promise To Try, Dear Jessie, Oh Father, Keep It Together and most of all (Pray For) Spanish Eyes - one of her most sublime pieces of work ever - is just unparallel. Of course the immortal title track is a gem on its own but not to like Spanish Eyes should be a crime. I can just skip Cherish and Love Song on this album.
      Agree mostly.
      Like a prayer is the definition of masterpiece,especially for a pop album.
      Even more so when you take into account where she was coming from, the drastic change of image,sound and basically everything .
      I can't honestly skip any track, my least fave being Love Song though.

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
        Where do these weeks go?

A new streaming week has begun, so let's say a little prayer and start streaming Like A Prayer. Great album, great videos. Love knowing most songs were done in one take. Favorites..Till Death Do Us Part, Promise To Try, the released singles and the most underrated song on the album to me is Spanish Eyes. Her vocal is mesmerizing!

What about you, what are your faves?
        10/10:

Dear Jessie
        Cherish
        Oh Father
        Like a Prayer
        Express Yourself
        Keep It Together
        Promise To Try
        Spanish Eyes
        Till Death Do Us Part

5/10
        Love Song

1/10
        Act of Contrition
        My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• Cherish is a welcomed song whenever it comes on some playlist. Spanish Eyes is sublime, I cannot disagree as is Till Death Do Us Part.
          My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• Promise to Try is such a sad and beautiful song. Should've been included on STR.
            Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
            www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Like A Prayer is a good album, but I wouldn't use the word 'masterpiece' to describe it. Sure it has some very high highs namely the title track, but also has some of my least favourite Madonna tracks (Love Song and Dear Jessie). She would have to wait another 9 years until true mastery was achieved.

10/10
              Like A Prayer
              Oh Father
              Cherish

9/10
              Supernatural

8/10
              Express Yourself (the remixed version is a definite 10/10 as I don't like the production of the album version)
              Spanish Eyes

7/10
              Keep It Together

6/10
              Till Death Do Us Part

5/10
              Promise To Try

2/10
              Dear Jessie
              Love Song

1/10
              Act of Contrition

Comment

• She is recording music with her boyfriend.
                I think the song is called « For M ».
                https://www.instagram.com/p/CTcTLn6L...dium=copy_link
                Last edited by KEY9481; Sun September 5, 2021, 14:58.
                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• The last few months I always expected her to record something with her boyfriend. Not surprised by that.
                  I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Someone pointed out it the ‘lyrics’ read like the VT intro video and MTV Anniversary video, suggesting it might actually just be a voiceover for the MTV shoot she just did.
                    Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

• Do you think we’re getting a live Madonna X album in October too? I hope so, even if it’s just a streaming release - in 2021 it makes no sense denying us when we’ll just go back to ripping it and having it on mp3.

Madonna if you are actually here, feel free to post another Instagram update

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                        Do you think we’re getting a live Madonna X album in October too? I hope so, even if it’s just a streaming release - in 2021 it makes no sense denying us when we’ll just go back to ripping it and having it on mp3.

Madonna if you are actually here, feel free to post another Instagram update
                        Do you think we'll get the full show?
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Do you think we'll get the full show?
                          Yes I do. They all call them documentaries now because the recordings are made up from various shows. I’m pretty sure we had the same discussion for RHT and MDNAT.

Plus if Madonna wasn’t giving us the full show, why would she do reshoots? She’d just skip that song

Comment

• She could’ve at least gotten back to Lisbon to do the reshoots tbh and simply add 3-4 more dates to this tour and get some last cash ins

Comment

• We should be thankful that she managed to complete the tour despite her injuries and covid situation in Europe

I guess we won't have Crave and other songs she cut on European leg.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                She could’ve at least gotten back to Lisbon to do the reshoots tbh and simply add 3-4 more dates to this tour and get some last cash ins
                                Excellent idea. I’d love her to redo the entire show and change all the choreography and outfits.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                  We should be thankful that she managed to complete the tour despite her injuries and covid situation in Europe

I guess we won't have Crave and other songs she cut on European leg.
                                  Only Crave was completely cut I think - I got an otherwise full show in London (complete with curtain drama)

Comment

• Also, I find Crave very overrated.

Comment

• Love Crave

Comment

• Crave might be her best attempt at getting that current urban sound. It's a very solid track.

Lately I'm streaming Soltera a lot. It's a BANGER.
                                        Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                        www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                          Also, I find Crave very overrated.
                                          Agreed. It's a bit syrupy plus her faux-mumblecore phrasing is annoying
                                          She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post

Agreed. It's a bit syrupy plus her faux-mumblecore phrasing is annoying
                                            I like it, I just don’t love it. Other songs on the album are much more interesting.

Comment

• 1 month till Madame X Tour movie. I'm really excited about it so she better deliver.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                                Crave might be her best attempt at getting that current urban sound. It's a very solid track.
                                                Totally agree. Songs like Crave suit her very well.

Comment

• I would be excited for the tour too if it would be a DVD

Crave is one of the worst singles she ever released
                                                  I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post

Crave is one of the worst singles she ever released
                                                    I'd take Crave over Dear Jessie any day. Yuck.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X