Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

And "Finally enough love" as caption
    Alongside even more unnecessary Madame X merch...
    Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• It will be the perfect way to wrap up my birthday week, so hyped for MX Tour.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Don't know what that is, but if someone does... might give it a try?

Comment

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
          I don't intend to sound bad or anything, but I'd just like to share one thing that usually annoys me in these discussions over her photos:

Yes, it's legit, but there are things people like to forget when they put this photos side by side to compare: it's not the same bc one is a photo and the second one is a screenshot of a video in a shitty quality with different lighting and pose. When I saw it I thought she looked pretty good like in most of the videos she shares (I couldn't find it anymore). I'm not saying she doesn't post some heavily edited photos very often, but the right thing to do is to use the same shot to compare, like the one I saw on Twitter from the VMA's after party with Kid Kudi.

Also, I agree with @menime123: instagram is not real. Everyone shares edited photos but people seem to make such a noise when it comes to M. And I love the fact that she usually looks as stunning in the videos she shares, like the ones she posted on her birthday. I only whished she would make more of an effort to look as good when she comes to public events, not that hideous outfit she used for the MXT Premiere.
          You know that in the one "unedited" with Kid Cudi she has photoshop as well, right? That's not her natural face on a random pic someone took...

I guess one is edited by the photographer or whoever posted it and then the other one was re-edited by herself (or the person who regularly does it).

"Everyone shares edited photos on Instagram". Yes. Absolutely, every celebrity, you and me. But I think there are some limits. For Madonna and of course for everyone else doing it to THAT extreme.

She has created a totally different face than the one she has right now. A face that looks nothing like her. And she's gone too far, IMO.
          It's not about removing some wrinkles here and there or make you look a bit thiner or whitening your teeth... it's creating a new face to each and every pic you post.
          By the way, regarding the videos she uploads... you can face tune your videos too. And she does it as well.

And before anyones comes with the "ageism" theories.... Don't you think it's ageism what she does herself? Isn't ageism not accepting the way you look at your age, to the extreme of creating a new face and pretend that's how you look, 20 years younger?

I'm totally pro plastic surgery and doing whatever you want with your own body to look better and feel better with yourself... But when that is not enough and you create a fantasy on your social media to pretend that's how you actually look... The bubble will burst once people see the reality.

If she's happy with it... go ahead. But you need to understand that once she shares those edited pics in public, people has the "right" to talk about them and say it if they don't believe it's real...

Is she the only one doing it? Absolutely not. To that extreme? Not sure... Are people more critic when it comes to her? It's always been like that. Certain females in the industry will always be examined to the limit...

Comment

• Look, she can do what she wants. It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks. She is the queen of reinvention and clearly is going to keep reinventing herself in every possible way.

We just have to accept her for who she is and be thankful she continues to do what she does. Things could be worse - she could have grown old gracefully like Julie Andrews without the ability to sing, or dead like her peers.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what she looks like - it doesn’t make Madonna any less of a Queen.
            Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• ^ While i agree with some of your points, M fans shouldn't be angry at people and shout "ageism" to people who make fun of her IG looks & filters.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Actually, I agree with nympho when he says madonna's being ageist herself when she posts such beyond belief edited photos. I mean,it's obvious she has a problem with her real face since absolutely all of the photos she posts are like that so,it's clear that she wants people to "believe" she looks like that when ,in reality,that would be impossible
                Many times,I feel bad looking at those photos cause i find it disturbing looking at her and seeing someone in their 20s.
                I scratch my head and think why?
                You can say "Instagram is a lie,not real world" ok BUT we are there cause we love her ,not a hologram.
                it's not about being a "queen" or not and not about a reinvention either. At least not for me. It's just plain and simple a sad thing to see.
                Too bad she doesn't see how beautiful she still is and does that to her image... a shame

Comment

• Clearly no one understands the concept of ageism. It is being discriminated against because of your age. It doesn’t matter what Madonna looks like, her age remains the same and the media and everyone use it against her.

Madonna isn’t played on radio because she doesn’t look young, she isn’t played because she’s in her 60s. That is ageism. Editing your own photos to look a certain way isn’t.

Madonna spent years not touching up her photos on Instagram and she was ridiculed by her own fans. Fans wanted her Instagram to be better, to be different, more polished. Madonna is now in the midst of brand building and her Instagram is so much better for it.

Naked rose bath videos anyone?

Madonna isn’t afraid of her face. She doesn’t hide it away. She still steps out on stage, she still tours, makes videos, does interviews etc. She’s on TV this week so you’ll have a real chance to have a proper look at her.
                  Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• I think they're 2 different things.
                    When she fights to show the world she can do whatever she wants at 63 that's awesome and that's what she's been doing since basically forever.
                    When she feels the need to convince people she looks like a 25 y.o. like her boyfriend,that's pathetic, cringe and,for me, she's agreeing with those who claim you have to look young to be pretty and to fit in today's mainstream world. Most importantly,you are portraying someone you obviously are not.
                    Having a polished Instagram doesn't mean you need to post those grossely edited photos she's been posting. There's a middle ground between 8 and 80.
                    I honestly hate these photos because I look at them and I don't see Madonna.
                    Actually, I don't even see a character ,I see someone I simply can't recognize and that saddens me
                    Well,I'm sharing my opinion as a fan and like I also said,none of this has to do with her legacy,being a queen or whatever on that regard.
                    Last edited by BodyShop; Tue October 5, 2021, 13:38.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                      When she fights to show the world she can do whatever she wants at 63 that's awesome and that's what she's been doing since basically forever.
                      Sadly you don’t really believe this, do you?

You can’t have it both ways. You cannot say Madonna doing whatever she wants at 63 is awesome yet judge her for doing whatever she wants - because using her Instagram in such a way is doing what she wants.

If you truly believe that Madonna doing what she wants is a great thing, then you have to accept this unconditionally and support her right to live her own life however she wants.

That doesn’t mean you have to personally like her choices, but recognise that your personal dislike is based on how comfortable you would be making such a choice. But just because something makes you uncomfortable doesn’t make it a negative - particularly when it comes to the way someone else lives their life.

Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

Sadly you don’t really believe this, do you?

You can’t have it both ways. You cannot say Madonna doing whatever she wants at 63 is awesome yet judge her for doing whatever she wants - because using her Instagram in such a way is doing what she wants.

If you truly believe that Madonna doing what she wants is a great thing, then you have to accept this unconditionally and support her right to live her own life however she wants.

That doesn’t mean you have to personally like her choices, but recognise that your personal dislike is based on how comfortable you would be making such a choice. But just because something makes you uncomfortable doesn’t make it a negative - particularly when it comes to the way someone else lives their life.

This isn't about how she lives her life though? This is how she portrays her public persona on Instagram ?

What I wrote above was in response to what you said about ageism and how she's not being ageist.
                        if ageist industry,people,society,whatever say you can't behave or do things in certain ways simply because you're old and you do those things anyway and prove them wrong ,you're fighting them and proving them wrong.
                        But if you want the whole world to look at a picture of you and think you look 40 years younger than you actually do,that's a whole other story... you're not trying to change their judgemental minds, you're trying to fit in their game and show them that you can do whatever you want as long as you look as young as they think you should be to do those certain things you otherwise couldn't/shouldn't.

She surely can use her Instagram the way she wants to lol, like I said I'm only discussing why I think it's pathetic and sometimes disturbing to see a plastic doll instead of the woman I've loved for my entire life.
                        Some of the photos she posts are SO edited that she looks deformed. That's what I'm questioning here .

Like she says,the most outrageous thing she's done in her entire career is to stick around. And she's right.
                        Now, Imagine doing this and actually looking like herself ? The bad unapologetic bitch she's always been and everybody loves her for but without trying to look like Lourdes' older sister ?

On this subject there's no right or wrong,only opinions. Mine is a negative one and that's all. I will try not to talk about this anymore as things are going round in circles now.

Comment

• MADAME X SCREENING EVENTS

October 05, 2021

Madame X has been travelling the world with an unprecedented intimate show performed before sold-out theatrical audiences in 2019 and 2020. Captured in Paris and Lisbon, the devoted concept film will premiere on Paramount+ on October 8th!

As a way to thank her freedom fighters for their support, Madame X is launching xclusive fan screenings, which will take place this weekend! For a chance to attend, please email one of the following addresses with your and your guest’s full name before 6p ET on Wednesday, October 6th and confirm that you and your guest have a valid vaccination card where applicable:

PARIS – FRIDAY, OCT 8 – LE GRAND REX – 9P
                          Email: madamexscreeningparis@gmail.com

MIAMI – SATURDAY, OCT 9 – NITE OWL DRIVE-IN – 8P
                          Drive-in theater, one car per person (6 people max in a car)
                          Email: madamexscreeningmiami@gmail.com

LOS ANGELES – SUNDAY, OCT 10 – TCL CHINESE THEATER – 7P
                          Email: madamexscreeningla@gmail.com

NEW YORK – Stay tuned for a special announcement coming soon!

Please note that invitations are extremely limited and will be given away on a first come/first served basis. If you do qualify, a confirmation email will be sent to you on October 7th along with more detailed instructions.

Good luck and can’t wait to celebrate with you!
                          Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• No Lisbon???
                            "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                              No Lisbon???
                              No London either. I bet she turns up at the NYC one and performs.
                              Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Regarding a performance Thursday night, doubt it will happen as Reba McEntire is the musical guest.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                                  No Lisbon???
                                  Lisbon?? What about something for her hometown once in awhile!?

Comment

• Its kind of obvious now the special performance will be at the NY screening of MXT. They are probably going to announce it in the next few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                      Its kind of obvious now the special performance will be at the NY screening of MXT. They are probably going to announce it in the next few days.
                                      Yep. Kind sad cause only a few lucky fans will see it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post

Yep. Kind sad cause only a few lucky fans will see it now.
                                        Fans? No it will be the same clique madonnas been inviting the past 5 years.

Comment

• https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00043943868342

omg the live album is coming Friday! They really are doing so much more promotion then any of her previous tours in the past 10 years.

Comment

• OMG yes!!!
                                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Oh god, not another ugly bloody live album cover
                                              Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• As long as I don't have to rip and cut the audio into tracks myself
                                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Cant be worse then the Sticky and Sweet Tour album cover.

Also please God I pray theres no fake audience loop in the background. I still have nightmares from the MDNA tours Hung Up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                                    Cant be worse then the Sticky and Sweet Tour album cover.

Also please God I pray theres no fake audience loop in the background. I still have nightmares from the MDNA tours Hung Up.
                                                    MDNAT was the worst cover
                                                    Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X