No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just heard the live album and I've realized that I forgot how good the MX album is.
    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• She sounds fierce.
      Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• On jimmy show it was hilarious to see him cool her ass down live by fanning her bottom Lol
        so hilarious
        Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• She was great on Fallon.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I absolutely loved her on fallon. She looked stunning,their interaction was amazing.
            I cackled at the kid theater thing
            So good to see Madonna being Madonna
            Last edited by BodyShop; Fri October 8, 2021, 11:33.

Comment

• "Nobody's gonna see anything!"
              *shows behind* LOL

she was tons of fun on Fallon , looked really at ease too

Comment

• I just love her interview last night. She looked absolutely amazing and was humorous .

Comment

• Oof she is so legendary
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• It was truly wonderful! So funny!
                    A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else. - Bette Davis

Comment

• MTV Germany will air the film next Sunday. What part of October 8th do they not understand? :(
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• I'm off to watch the film!
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Enjoy peaches!!!

Comment

• Writing my review as I watch the show.

Spoiler!
                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Its funny you mention the intro being too long because I believe its even shorter here then the actual show lol. I agree about GC. The edit was abrupt and they cut out one of the best parts of the song "people think that im insane.."

Comment

• Just finished my first watch of the show. I must say, as soon as Batuka comes in, the show is spectacular. Batuka, Crazy, Extreme Occident and Frozen are my highlights atm. Gonna rewatch later for sure!

IMO, it was worth all this waiting.

Comment

• Just finished watching it. I still think it’s an uneven show and that the set list isn’t the strongest nor even flows, but Madonna continues to create and push herself just as much as she ever did.

I’m so glad they managed to capture how special Batuka, Killers, Crazy, Extreme Occident and Frozen were. Batuka isn’t as powerful on film as it was in person (just hearing the Batukadeiras was an experience in itself) but they absolutely nailed it with Killers.

I thought the reshoots were pretty obvious as her face has changed since the concert, but if she didn’t know perhaps you can’t see it

I’m not convinced the audio works with the film - when it cuts away to her actual microphone when she’s talking, it sounds so much more authentic than the supposed live vocals. Some songs, like Come Alive, just looked completely mined as a result.

I swear some of the pre-release information we got from official sources said it would document her knee struggles with backstage footage - this seems to have been completely cut. Again, if you didn’t know she had injuries you would never think it - just like when I saw the show, you just can’t tell.

Some of the LAP video - which was used as a projection on tour - looked like it was in actual HD too when they cut away to it. I’m now wondering if they’ve actually done a digital rescan of the original film to be used as a projection, and if we might get it in 4K? If any Madonna video needs to be 4K it’s LAP.

When I saw the show it was the infamous curtain close, so it was actually great to see how I Rise was supposed to be. I don’t think it works as an ending (ballad to end? No!) and the high energy, spontaneous version I got was infinitely better.

I know we’re not supposed to be liking David Lacappelle right now, but I thought his beer bitch speech was quite inspiring actually. If only he could apply his own words to all people.

Anyway, the editing was frantic but somehow it worked here. I think some of the intimacy was lost as a result, but it works overall as a documentary of what the show was.

I still love the stage and still think the staircases are used brilliantly - the stage design was phenomenal. I know some fans hated the fact it was just staircases and projections (not even screens), but it works so well.

Oh, and finally, I can confirm that the typing intro was about 50 minutes longer in person - and we didn’t even have that little career montage they put together for this release. I still think it should have just started with the US flag and Madonna appearing behind it.

Also, I have no recollection of nuns being onstage during Dark Ballet
                                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• She's performing at Red Rooster tonight.

Comment

• Can you rank this amongst her other tours and if so. Where ?

Comment

• Is there any way to watch this on a streaming page or such? Don't have any mtv channels

Comment

• Her appearance on Jimmy Fallon was better than other interviews, but she's still so hard to watch. I don't understand why she needs to act like a brat and so uninterested all the time. She comes across as so unlikeable and it's antics like this that turn the general public off her. As a big fan, I feel like I have to constantly justify her legacy and importance to others, because to them she's become a joke. Obviously with all that she has achieved, I can understand her having a big ego like anyone in the industry, but I feel like she finds all this funny and I really don't think she's as funny as she think she is - Tears of A Clown says Hi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
                                            Can you rank this amongst her other tours and if so. Where ?
                                            That’s quite hard to answer as it’s very different to what she’s done before. I don’t think it’s a perfect show, I don’t think the set list is particularly fantastic, and I don’t think ending on a ballad is the right way to end any show, let alone a Madonna concert.

That said, Madonna absolutely brings it and delivers. Her stage changes for almost every single song, and the shows highs are right up there with some of her best work.

I find it hard to rank it amongst her other shows - but it’s probably got the most in common with The Girlie Show, Drowned World Tour and Confessions as far as artistic peaks go, but is it as good as any of these? No, I don’t think.
                                            Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
                                              Her appearance on Jimmy Fallon was better than other interviews, but she's still so hard to watch. I don't understand why she needs to act like a brat and so uninterested all the time. She comes across as so unlikeable and it's antics like this that turn the general public off her. As a big fan, I feel like I have to constantly justify her legacy and importance to others, because to them she's become a joke. Obviously with all that she has achieved, I can understand her having a big ego like anyone in the industry, but I feel like she finds all this funny and I really don't think she's as funny as she think she is - Tears of A Clown says Hi.
                                              Her achievements speak for themselves and nothing she ever does will change those. I don’t defend her to anyone because she doesn’t need it - she is who she is and is going to be who she wants to be no matter what anyone thinks.

There’s a part in Madame X where she talks about enjoying annoying people, and I think that’s a large part of her current attitude. I honestly think the desk thing was planned (by her) and I laughed at her consciously not knocking anything off the desk which shows she still has some limits - she basically wanted a headline to promote MXT and she got it

But the whole trying to deliberately distracting Jimmy and not letting him do his job and have a great interview was just churlish and unnecessary. Jimmy actually managed to ask a few good questions and I suspect he had more - but Madonna didn’t seem to care.
                                              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• She should've had recorded and uploaded to YouTube last night's performance in NY. It seems to have been a lot of fun and she sounded great.
                                                "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• This is the Madonna I love! Totally intimate performance. Love that she did Dark Ballet. Here's a collection of Red Rooster performance:

https://youtu.be/zkoHJyxnWxg

https://youtu.be/eIx2OjP-PjY
                                                  Last edited by madgikman; Sat October 9, 2021, 11:50.

Comment

• I couldn't watch the show, turned it off at Human Nature, the editing is a bit disturbing for me and so many things are going on stage at some point it becomes messy for me. Good for the fans who enjoy it though.
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X