Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
    She should've had recorded and uploaded to YouTube last night's performance in NY. It seems to have been a lot of fun and she sounded great.
    Give Ricardo a chance to edit it into something for Instagram
    Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• It feels so strange this time. The last tours were released on all those formats and I instantly bought it an watched it, being so excited. This time it's so different, knowing not being able to buy it.
      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• I've already downloaded it. If it ever has a BR I'll buy it. If not, I've already my show to see it whenever I want it.
        "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• People have to take into consideration, that this is not Madonna's typical stadium show. This is a whole new experience for a Madonna live performance made especially for theaters.

Comment

• Just finished watching.

that was truly incredible I’m so proud of her right now.
            the version she has delivered to us of the show is just … I have tingles still. If however she was to give us original I Rise then Ciao Bella to close the show would have been something else. I don’t love that it ended on a slow not after it being such a level.

But everything else was otherwise so wonderful

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post
              It feels so strange this time. The last tours were released on all those formats and I instantly bought it an watched it, being so excited. This time it's so different, knowing not being able to buy it.
              There was six months between RHT being broadcast on Showtime and a DVD being released. Patience - it’s coming, as the two cut songs are confirmed as bonuses
              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

People have to take into consideration, that this is not Madonna's typical stadium show. This is a whole new experience for a Madonna live performance made especially for theaters.
                I agree. In fairness, Madonna has struggled at times to make a stadium show too, especially between 2006 and 2012 where her shows were basically arena shows just dumped in a stadium.

She wasn’t ever going to get a theatre show right first time out, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t special. It’s flawed, but it’s a starting point.

I said at the time that I’d be very happy if she wanted to do her album tours like this going forward, and to save arenas and stadiums for greatest hits tours.

She’s never been a fan of touring but she’s at a stage in life where if she picks key cities around the world, her audience will come to her. 10 cities, 10 dates, 100 shows sounds like a decent plan.

But I’m holding out for a greatest hits tour next. I think she’ll announce a summer 2023 Stadium show on Everybody’s anniversary next year.
                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I disagree with so much of that lol but one thing I do want to discuss is the next greatest hits. She does like to end her decades with a collection and we’ve yet to get one from last decade. I wonder it 40th will coincide with another package or if the reissues will be most of what we get? I just feel like there’s something coming. I know she was proud of Mx but she hasn’t put this much effort into a tour release before.

And at what point do we see her dance again. The idea behind the surgery I assume was to get her dancing again. Stadium shows would be useless if she rebel hearts her way around the stage.

she seemed to move a lot more fluidly on MX though it was limited, in a theatre and I believe it was shot (and re-shot) when her knee wasn’t as much of an issue.
                  Last edited by Mpol; Sat October 9, 2021, 15:51.

Comment

• She has been exercising a lot from what weve seen on her instagram. She danced in that clip from September 28th. Hopefully it does inspire her to do a few performances somewhere. The only thing getting in the way is that damn movie. Im not excited for it at all. Especially because shes going to be focusing on that and not a new album or tour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                      She has been exercising a lot from what weve seen on her instagram. She danced in that clip from September 28th. Hopefully it does inspire her to do a few performances somewhere. The only thing getting in the way is that damn movie. Im not excited for it at all. Especially because shes going to be focusing on that and not a new album or tour.
                      Co signed. The best we can hope for is a few new tracks on the soundtrack. Having said that I do understand her reasoning for wanting to do this visual autobiography herself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
                        I disagree with so much of that lol but one thing I do want to discuss is the next greatest hits. She does like to end her decades with a collection and we’ve yet to get one from last decade. I wonder it 40th will coincide with another package or if the reissues will be most of what we get? I just feel like there’s something coming. I know she was proud of Mx but she hasn’t put this much effort into a tour release before.

And at what point do we see her dance again. The idea behind the surgery I assume was to get her dancing again. Stadium shows would be useless if she rebel hearts her way around the stage.

she seemed to move a lot more fluidly on MX though it was limited, in a theatre and I believe it was shot (and re-shot) when her knee wasn’t as much of an issue.
                        The MX reshoots were of Madonna sat at a piano. It’s glaringly obvious as her face had changed by the time they did the reshoots. There were no dancing reshoots, but Madonna has danced and exercised on Instagram and seems to be fully mobile again - though recently she said she wasn’t allowed to dance in heels yet.

Warner have been behind every Greatest Hits package and they were all part of her contract with them. Right now she hasn’t got a record deal so no greatest hits is incoming as far as we know. Warner don’t have the rights to her Interscope stuff until 2024, so I’m not sure we’ll get one, unless Warner licence them from Interscope.

The timing of her next greatest hits album will all depend on the biopic. Ideally Madonna would record a few new songs and release a greatest hits album in October 2022 and announce a greatest hits tour for 2023. But we all know the biopic will take priority over her music career.

What we do know is that Warner promised to announce the first retrospective release ‘soon’ - and now that MXT is released, fingers crossed it’s going to actually be announced soon.
                        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I had no idea the greatest hits were part of her Warner contract thanks for that tid-bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

The MX reshoots were of Madonna sat at a piano. It’s glaringly obvious as her face had changed by the time they did the reshoots. There were no dancing reshoots, but Madonna has danced and exercised on Instagram and seems to be fully mobile again - though recently she said she wasn’t allowed to dance in heels yet.

Warner have been behind every Greatest Hits package and they were all part of her contract with them. Right now she hasn’t got a record deal so no greatest hits is incoming as far as we know. Warner don’t have the rights to her Interscope stuff until 2024, so I’m not sure we’ll get one, unless Warner licence them from Interscope.

The timing of her next greatest hits album will all depend on the biopic. Ideally Madonna would record a few new songs and release a greatest hits album in October 2022 and announce a greatest hits tour for 2023. But we all know the biopic will take priority over her music career.

What we do know is that Warner promised to announce the first retrospective release ‘soon’ - and now that MXT is released, fingers crossed it’s going to actually be announced soon.
                            I like your plan, but you're forgetting the movie she's writing and is going to direct. I'm afraid the tour will only come after the movie is done and she's closer to her 70s.

Comment

I like your plan, but you're forgetting the movie she's writing and is going to direct. I'm afraid the tour will only come after the movie is done and she's closer to her 70s.
                              Seeing as I literally said...

... I’m pretty sure I didn’t forget anything.
                              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
                                I had no idea the greatest hits were part of her Warner contract thanks for that tid-bit.
                                That’s why GHV2 exists - Madonna didn’t want to release a greatest hits album in 2001 so refused to record any new music for it, and is one of the reasons she left Warner.
                                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Oh snap??? !! When you wrote that about the greatest hits I did wonder if that was one of the reasons why she left. Interesting. I assume there were many other reasons.

and yes she is getting more nostalgic but I doubt she’ll do a greatest hits tour she’s never wanted to do one in the past. I think she’d rather celebrate 40 years with the reissues. And biopic. Save her energy to tour the next album.

I can only see a greatest hits tour happening if she’s craving to perform but even then most of the sounds will be done quite differently and the concept won’t be greatest hits per day. She’ll deff mix it up. And wear grills throughout
                                  Last edited by Mpol; Sat October 9, 2021, 17:47.

Comment

• MDNA should have been a greatest hits tour. She had the world in her hand and she messed it up with late starts and a setlist that appealed only to hardcore fans.

i think her next tour will be more hits heavy though. Warner might make her with the movie coming...

Comment

• MDNA was amazing and the set list was perfect for the album. The songs came to life.

Comment

• Yes you just proved what I said haha great for hardcore fans.

Comment

• MDNAT did actually include a whole load of big Madonna hits so it should have appealed to casual fans - the fact it didn’t is entirely Madonna’s fault and I hope she owns that.

Any show that includes Madonna performing Papa Don’t Preach, Hung Up, Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Vogue, Erotica, Human Nature, Like a Virgin and Like a Prayer should have had mass appeal.
                                          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Don’t call it a biopic.
                                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Don’t call it a biopic.
                                              I’ll probably call it something else once I see it
                                              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUzl2GTg0Gb

Comment

MDNAT did actually include a whole load of big Madonna hits so it should have appealed to casual fans - the fact it didn’t is entirely Madonna’s fault and I hope she owns that.

Any show that includes Madonna performing Papa Don’t Preach, Hung Up, Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Vogue, Erotica, Human Nature, Like a Virgin and Like a Prayer should have had mass appeal.
                                                  I guess but the setlist was bloated with other songs. Plus God I will never get over Hung Up being butchered like that and coming after a PDP tease was just cruel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

I guess but the setlist was bloated with other songs. Plus God I will never get over Hung Up being butchered like that and coming after a PDP tease was just cruel.
                                                    Madonna has made her shows work with less hits though, so there was no excuses on MDNAT. I mean she sung 10 tracks from COADF on CT and it’s her best show.
                                                    Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Working...
                                                    X