Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

Madonna has made her shows work with less hits though, so there was no excuses on MDNAT. I mean she sung 10 tracks from COADF on CT and it’s her best show.
    Well I like Girlie and Drowned World better but yes she found a great way to bring the hits into the 21st century without butchering them. Also she could get away with singing 10 tracks off COADF because 8 million people had the album. Now thats not the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
      Her appearance on Jimmy Fallon was better than other interviews, but she's still so hard to watch. I don't understand why she needs to act like a brat and so uninterested all the time. She comes across as so unlikeable and it's antics like this that turn the general public off her. As a big fan, I feel like I have to constantly justify her legacy and importance to others, because to them she's become a joke. Obviously with all that she has achieved, I can understand her having a big ego like anyone in the industry, but I feel like she finds all this funny and I really don't think she's as funny as she think she is - Tears of A Clown says Hi.
      I agree it is hard to watch her these days. I was the biggest fan ever from 1985 till a few years ago. But it has become so difficult to like her the way I used to. I still defend her though when friends/colleagues say something bad about her.

I've seen most of her tours live (except for the Virgin Tour, Girlie Show and Madame X). Madame X is the first I don't even feel the need to see it on screen. If it becomes available on Netflix or when it will be broadcast on tv, I will surely watch it, but as long as it's "unreachable" for me, I am not that bothered. The whole Madame X era is my least favorite era I've experienced from Madonna.
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Regarding her Fallon interview,that's the essence of Madonna. Actually that's who she has been her entire career. That's pure Madonna.

Comment

• She looked so stunning during 2012 - MDNA era…

.. And she was already like 54 years old or something here (which is considered “old” for women in the industry, yet she looked so effortless and pretty).

I know people age and it’s natural but I feel like besides that she just changed … it’s like if her persona, aura, her fashion sense, behavior, music, looks and attitude are “different” now and not for the better way (unfortunately).
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• I loved her at Fallon. The only thing that I would question is my she has those grillz in or whatever they are called. Otherwise, she was hilarious and I enjoyed her profusely.
            My Chart

Comment

• Her boyfriend is somewhat the reason she is the way she is today. And before anyone disagrees, you think she would be like this right now if she was still with...say....Guy Ritchie?

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                Her boyfriend is somewhat the reason she is the way she is today. And before anyone disagrees, you think she would be like this right now if she was still with...say....Guy Ritchie?
                Right. Bad influence.
                Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Seems that crazy Is the only song where She Is lipsinging. I wonder why. Someone at the show can tell me if She sang It live?
                  ​​​​​​Anyway this is Is the song where she dances more
                  Last edited by paperinobz; Sun October 10, 2021, 09:34.

Comment

MDNAT did actually include a whole load of big Madonna hits so it should have appealed to casual fans - the fact it didn’t is entirely Madonna’s fault and I hope she owns that.

Any show that includes Madonna performing Papa Don’t Preach, Hung Up, Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Vogue, Erotica, Human Nature, Like a Virgin and Like a Prayer should have had mass appeal.
                    Human Nature was a commercial flop (only 6 million views on YouTube for such a great video further confirms it was far from big) and Erotica doesn't belong to her "mass appeal hits" either.

Comment

• MDNA's opening is probably her best tour opening.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                        MDNA's opening is probably her best tour opening.
                        After ct bat and s&s maybe

Comment

Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats arriving onstage in a million dollar disco ball. Future Lovers was absolutely insane - very possibly her artistic peak as a performer.

Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats arriving onstage in a million dollar disco ball. Future Lovers was absolutely insane - very possibly her artistic peak as a performer.
                            I really think that opening is hugely overrated.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Agree 100%

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

And again
                              Last edited by BodyShop; Sun October 10, 2021, 12:26.

Comment

• I dont think ive watched the Future Lovers opening in years. Imo it ranks way near the bottom of her tour openings. Its not even that genious to me because Britney came out of a spaceship on her Oops World tour which was also done by Jamie King. Two giant balls opening up dont compare to Blone Ambition or Girlie Show imo.

Comment

That’s what they said about the SEX book in 1992
                                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• She peaked in 1990 as an artist and as a performer. Now everything that came after still was amazing, but The Blond Ambition Tour is it.

Comment

• The “Drowned World Tour” wipes the floor with the “Blond Ambition Tour”
                                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                        The “Drowned World Tour” wipes the floor with the “Blond Ambition Tour”
                                        Omg when she came out on that riser! So many cameras flashing cuz she was gone for so long. My 1st M concert. I'll never forget it.

Comment

• Girlie Show and Drowned are better then Blond imo. Blond Ambition might have more hits and dancing but artistry wise I think she continued to grow.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckyONE View Post
                                            She peaked in 1990 as an artist and as a performer. Now everything that came after still was amazing, but The Blond Ambition Tour is it.
                                            No she didn’t. She has created bigger and better works since, both on stage and in the studio. BAT was just the peak of her fame and celebrity.

I really enjoy BAT up to PDP and then it gets crap until Vogue and Holiday, and I can’t stand KIT.
                                            Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                              Girlie Show and Drowned are better then Blond imo. Blond Ambition might have more hits and dancing but artistry wise I think she continued to grow.
                                              Exactly. She turned her back on celebrity after TIC and instead focused on art - and that is why she is still here
                                              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Exactly. She turned her back on celebrity after TIC and instead focused on art - and that is why she is still here
                                                Absolutely. For me, the BAT and perhaps Like A Prayer were only the beginning of a more ambitious artistic agenda.
                                                “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• “Drowned World Tour”, “Girlie Show” and “Confessions Tour” are her Top 3 greatest tours.

Comment

• I watched the show last night and I enjoyed it a lot. The rapid camera changes were too much on the first half but it diminished as the show went on. I think she did a good job with the show, not many 61 year old would be able to pull a show like that.

And I was impressed when I saw her do this. I'm 26 and have been doing yoga for 3 years and I'm not even close

Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                                    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Working...
                                                    X