No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky & Sweet still ranks #1 with Re-Invention and Confessions vying for #2.
    My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

•  
      My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• People tend to forget M was in tremendous pain for more than half of the tour: still she gave a great performance

I saw the show, and it was a magical and special moment, and contrary to what I read here she delivered a solid and great “vocal” performance

Seeing the show live was a whole different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post

I really wish I could’ve said the same. Live Earth was MAGICAL.
          Live Earth was amazing. I was at Wembley and honestly, the place went wild for her, as if everyone else had been the support acts and we were now at the main event. Watching her step into that single spotlight was a moment, as was confusing the world with that version of LIB
          Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Forreal View Post

Seeing the show live was a whole different story.
            It really was. The recording is very well done and I’m loving it, but it doesn’t capture it. You really did need to be there.
            Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Live Earth was amazing. Even my friends who are not M fans play her set from Live Earth cause she was amazing and it was the last time she slayed a televised live performance imo.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                Live Earth was amazing. Even my friends who are not M fans play her set from Live Earth cause she was amazing and it was the last time she slayed a televised live performance imo.
                The Super Bowl says hi
                Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

The Super Bowl says hi
                  It was fine for its time, and for current Madonna standards. But she didn't really slay it. She was very stiff. Playback didn't age well, not to mention Lmfao/GMAYL segments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post

It was fine for its time, and for current Madonna standards. But she didn't really slay it. She was very stiff. Playback didn't age well, not to mention Lmfao/GMAYL segments.
                    She uploaded it to her own YouTube channel 9 months ago and it’s had 16m views since. You’re entitled to your opinion of course, but it has clearly aged very well if it’s still capable of pulling 16m views in under a year, almost a decade later.

Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• She legit looks younger than him here
                      Exsqueeze me!

Comment

The Super Bowl says hi
                        Super Bowl has its boring moments unfortunately.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

She legit looks younger than him here
                          Yeah the abuse of filters, photoshop and editing on her was just ridiculous.
                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• The interview is on their website - it’s good, but nothing we didn’t already know. Nothing about anything new incoming other than the biopic. She’s being very guarded about new music - I wonder if she’s told people not to ask her.
                            Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• who told them you can't use vocoder in thater performances?
                              Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                              Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

The interview is on their website - it’s good, but nothing we didn’t already know. Nothing about anything new incoming other than the biopic. She’s being very guarded about new music - I wonder if she’s told people not to ask her.
                                Or maybe there’s simply no music coming up ….

She’s been taking 3-4 year breaks between albums since 2008.
                                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Well she was asked about a new album last year during that Insta live where she talked about writing the biopic and all she said was that recording a new album would be cool.
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• I don’t think there is new music coming, but the fact no one is asking her about it directly suggests they have been told not to ask - I mean who interviews Madonna and doesn’t ask about a new album?
                                    Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Medellin 2.0
                                      Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

I don’t think there is new music coming, but the fact no one is asking her about it directly suggests they have been told not to ask - I mean who interviews Madonna and doesn’t ask about a new album?
                                        Good point indeed.. Fair enough if she is not ready just for new music, but the fact no-one is even asking about it seems strange?

I just watched the first bit of Madame X, quite surprised to see some of the more negative comments in here as, what I have seen so far, looks absolutely fantastic! I have not really seen anything from this tour, so everything is a new experience, but I am very impressed. The theatre setting really seems to work in her favour.
                                        without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
                                        like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan View Post

Good point indeed.. Fair enough if she is not ready just for new music, but the fact no-one is even asking about it seems strange?
                                          She’s been asked a few times what she was working on next, which feels like a clever way of letting her mention her movie rather than having to confirm no new music. It’s subtle, but telling.

In the Rolling Stone interview she mentions being jealous of Maluma going on tour and performing. I’m starting to wonder if Madonna might be avoiding a music discussion because she might be planning something live in support of the re-issue project?

Like, if Erotica is re-released, what’s to stop her promoting it with live performances? Can you imagine Madonna popping up somewhere to perform Bad Girl, or Deeper and Deeper at a big show? I know it isn’t the done thing, but perhaps that’s exactly the point.
                                          Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• She is the queen of reinvention. If Warner are behind her and behind this they’ll invest.

Comment

• Fingers crossed for live stuff to support the reissues, Madame X in the theatre was so good I can't wait for what's next live. I'm not sure I'll ever get over the experience of being there - I can't explain how magical it really was...

Comment

• Theres a V magazine coming November 1st. Perhaps that will have more.

Comment

• The cover is beautiful IMO, but I didn't like most of the photos inside. About the interview, the site said there are 10 stories coming in the next two weeks... I suppose they will release one new everyday. And there are 3 more covers as well, so, maybe they talk a little more about future projects.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckyONE View Post
                                                    She peaked in 1990 as an artist and as a performer. Now everything that came after still was amazing, but The Blond Ambition Tour is it.
                                                    Agreed.
                                                    Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

Working...
                                                    X