Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWT >>>

Comment

• Just posted on her youtube channel, remix of Bitch I'm Loca.

Comment

• ^ From 1' onwards they repeat the same footage all over again
        why,God,why?

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
          ^ From 1' onwards they repeat the same footage all over again
          why,God,why?
          Yeah strange, considering I'm sure there is more footage, and the song is so short as it is, lol.

Comment

• Wow! I love the remix they did for this song! Lovely idea!

Only 28k views so far but I'm pretty sure it will improve soon as it was only put online without warning 9 hours ago.
            Being a new remix from the original albums means that this can be released on an album later by Warner Records
            Madonna could be releasing a kind of "Colaboration" remixes project with Warner. That way even all recordings released by Universal would be off the hook if new unreleased remixes would be used. She does have almost enough songs for them to be out and a few hits would also be there. Not sure if they could release all the songs (as some are also previous released by other labels too and other artist have contracts with different labels) but:

- "Sidewalk Talk" - with Jellybean
            - "Love Song" - with Prince
            - "I'd Rather Be Your Lover" - with Messhell
            - "I'd Rather Be Your Lover" - with TUPAC
            - "I Want You" - with Massive Attack
            - "Guilty By Association" - with Joe Henry
            - "Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Corazon)" - with Ricky Martin
            - "Me Against The Music" - with Britney Spears
            - "4 Minutes" - with Justin Timberlake and Timbaland
            - "The Beat Goes On" - with Kanye West
            - "Revolver" - with Lil Wayne
            - "Give Me All Your Luvin" - with Nicki Minaj and Mia
            - "I Don't Give A" - with Nicki Minaj
            - "Bitch I'm Madonna" - with Nicki Minaj
            - "Iconic" - with Chance the Rapper and Mike Tyson
            - "Veni Vidi Vici" - with Nas
            - "Champagne Rosé" - with Qvavo and Cardi B
            - "Medellin" - with Maluma
            - "Future" - with Qvavo
            - "Crave" - with Swae Lee
            - "Faz Gostoso" - with Anita
            - "Bitch I'm Loca" - with Maluma
            - "Soltera" - with Maluma
            - "Levitating" - with Dua Lipa, Missy Elliot and The Blessed Madonna

We also have all the "Evita" collaboration songs too - not sure they would want to pick any of those up to remix as most would not be easy to do - probably "I'd Be Surprisingly Good" would be one of the easiest collaborations she had there to remix.

Not sure if they would want "Give It 2 Me" to be considered as on YouTube the video says feat. Pharrell Williams but both album track and single are only credited to Madonna.

Did I forgot any Madonna collaboration so far? Let me know if I did.

They have already many to choose from - they could even include one or two new songs on this collaboration project (with some of the most important streaming artists of the moment) or a collaboration remix from one of Madonna previous biggest hits - who knows? This is a kind of GH/Remix project that could much probably get both sales and streams (if tracks are carefully choosen). Artists like Drake and Kanye west always have over 20 tracks (sometimes even over 30 tracks) in their albums and that also helps their streaming numbers a lot as everyone that listens to the album once counts like 2 or 3 times as every 10 tracks counts as 1 album total stream in almost every world country. Usually collaboration tracks are the ones with more streams if collaborations are with some of the most important streaming artists of the momment (like Drake, Ed Sheeran, Dua Lipa, etc) but that is not a 100% hit garantee.

I'm sure Warner Records have no interest at all in promote "Madame X" album right now as all the profit from those albums will go to Universal until 2025 so they want Madonna to move on to a new project as fast as possible.

Comment

• MadNuno this remix isnt new. Its a fanmade remix.

Comment

• It’s funny … I remember when this song came out it was widely criticized and considered a disappointment by many people. I was one of those who panned the song (and even considered it one of her all time worst singles).

Ironically enough almost 10 years later I find this to be quite underrated now. Is it a serious song or among her best? Not really (far from it) but still the song is bubblegum paradise, it’s fun, catchy, and Nicki / M.I.A verses are cool. I think the song was originally panned because she had previously released massive tunes “Hung Up” and “4 Minutes” as lead singles and after a 4 year hiatus people’s expectations were out of this world and thinking she was coming with a “Like A Prayer” or something like that … so “Luvin” ended up suffering and receiving hate.

Time is the best tester though … and almost a decade later I can say GMAYL >>>>> Living For Love / Medellin.
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                  MadNuno this remix isnt new. Its a fanmade remix.
                  Really? Oh I didn't know that! Strange that she put it up on her official youtube account then

Comment

• GMAYL was always a fun song but has never been lead single material. I love MDNA and had she not booked the Super Bowl I believe Girl Gone Wild would have been the lead single... but even that wasn’t lead single worthy. Basically it’s the first time she released album and couldn’t write an obvious all out hit single for it.
                    Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

Really? Oh I didn't know that! Strange that she put it up on her official youtube account then
                      Well the Like a Virgin remix on the Rebel Heart Tour was also fanmade. She or people she knows must search the internet for this type of stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

I think the song was originally panned because she had previously released massive tunes “Hung Up” and “4 Minutes” as lead singles and after a 4 year hiatus people’s expectations were out of this world and thinking she was coming with a “Like A Prayer” or something like that … so “Luvin” ended up suffering and receiving hate.
                        The song is cute at best but it felt unbelievable that the lead single for the first Madonna studio album in 4 years would be... that.
                        People were even more hungry for her cause besides being so long since her last studio album,that would be her first after the rise and domination of Gaga and also her performance at the superbowl.
                        Add all that to the equation and you get the result.

Personally,that was the first time I felt disappointed in her.
                        I honestly couldn't understand why she was doing that.
                        I remember listening to the song one thousand times looking for something to make it click with me, unfortunately,it didn't happen.

Almost ten years later, I feel the same way.
                        Not only about GMAYL but the whole MDNA album.
                        Weirdly enough,the tour is one of my absolute favorites ,go figure...

LIving For Love is boring and forgettable but I can see she had a concept behind it and I feel like she simply abandoned the original idea after the massive leak.

As for Medellin, I love it but then again,taste is subjective and,most importantly, expectations really changed regarding a new madonna release so,there's also that to that lol

GMAYL remains as the lowest point in her career for me.
                        I wish it never happened.

Comment

• Good to have a sort of late promo for bitch but I think these are the days for Crazy

Comment

The song is cute at best but it felt unbelievable that the lead single for the first Madonna studio album in 4 years would be... that.
                            This was the issue … 4 years for that was definitely a fail on Madonna’s side. And trust me, I was as disappointed as you when I heard the song, I even felt insulted and thought it was a joke.

Was the song lead single material? Not much, Can it compare to her great songs? Not really ….. But going back I just think the song was not as bad as we made it seem to be , I was definitely over-hated and I feel it’s quite underrated now because at least it’s a fun song.

And yes, no matter what I just prefer it (these days) over “Living For Love” and “Medellin”.

I don’t know … it seems like I don’t irrationally hate the song anymore … or maybe it all came to the sad point that I’m so bored, uninterested and disaspointed on her nowadays that my mind starts appreciating stuff like GMAYL … Maybe it’s that …. I hated it back then (her standards were high) … I quite like it now (her standards are lower).
                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

It’s funny … I remember when this song came out it was widely criticized and considered a disappointment by many people. I was one of those who panned the song (and even considered it one of her all time worst singles).

Ironically enough almost 10 years later I find this to be quite underrated now. Is it a serious song or among her best? Not really (far from it) but still the song is bubblegum paradise, it’s fun, catchy, and Nicki / M.I.A verses are cool. I think the song was originally panned because she had previously released massive tunes “Hung Up” and “4 Minutes” as lead singles and after a 4 year hiatus people’s expectations were out of this world and thinking she was coming with a “Like A Prayer” or something like that … so “Luvin” ended up suffering and receiving hate.

Time is the best tester though … and almost a decade later I can say GMAYL >>>>> Living For Love / Medellin.
                              These lyrics for some weird reason make me tear up:

… In another place, at a different time
                              You can be my lucky star

there’s an innocence to it that hits home and sounds like 80s true blue Madonna. It always takes me out of an otherwise mediocre song (you’re right it’s fun and far from her worst).

Comment

People were even more hungry for her cause besides being so long since her last studio album,that would be her first after the rise and domination of Gaga and also her performance at the superbowl.
                                Add all that to the equation and you get the result.
                                It’s also worth remembering this was supposed to be Madonna’s big comeback after leaving Warner. Fans genuinely believed she would show Warner what they were missing out on, whilst proving her worth to her new label. GMAYL wasn’t that.

Madonna totally misunderstood the brief and it remains her single biggest mistake. When history looks back on her career, this is the song that broke her. I also refuse to believe she actually liked it - she hates her poppier, fluffy stuff like Cherish (“Yuk!”) and this is from exactly the same mould.

However the live mix used on tour was fire - I love that whole ‘supersonic, bionic’ intro - it builds to something special musically, though again the 50s cheerleader stuff was an absolute choice

Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

LIving For Love is boring and forgettable but I can see she had a concept behind it and I feel like she simply abandoned the original idea after the massive leak.
                                I prefer GMAYL to LFL. I like LFL but I never liked that whole house vibe and it doesn’t feel like a Madonna song to me. I also thought the video could have been much stronger. I know she was trying to make a statement with LFL and it was chosen as lead single before it leaked, but I wish she had held onto Ghosttown and released that as lead single instead - because it is the only song that didn’t leak and she didn’t need to put it out in December 2014.

Madonna made the most of a bad situation, but she basically gave up on RH once it leaked. I still can’t believe the three singles were released as part of the six songs released in December 2014 - it made the rest of the album redundant.

Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                                As for Medellin, I love it but then again,taste is subjective and,most importantly, expectations really changed regarding a new madonna release so,there's also that to that lol
                                Medellin is one of my favourite Madonna songs from the whole Interscope saga. I understand the criticism, but it really has some great hooks and Madonna threw herself into the song, video and album like she hadn’t in a long time. It deserves to be much bigger than it is.

Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Anyways … Lead singles ranking:

1. Like A Prayer
                                  2. Hung Up
                                  3. Music
                                  4. Secret
                                  5. Erotica
                                  6. Live To Tell
                                  7. Frozen
                                  8. Like A Virgin
                                  9. 4 Minutes
                                  10. Everybody
                                  11. American Life
                                  12. Give Me All Your Luvin
                                  13. Living For Love
                                  14. Medellin

Comment

Anyways … Lead singles ranking:

1. Like A Prayer
                                    2. Hung Up
                                    3. Music
                                    4. Secret
                                    5. Erotica
                                    6. Live To Tell
                                    7. Frozen
                                    8. Like A Virgin
                                    9. 4 Minutes
                                    10. Everybody
                                    11. American Life
                                    13. Living For Love
                                    14. Medellin

You can’t claim Live To Tell is the lead single then overlook the entire existence of Die Another Day.
                                    Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

1. Like A Prayer
                                      2. Hung Up
                                      3. Music
                                      4. Secret
                                      5. Erotica
                                      6. Live To Tell
                                      7. Frozen
                                      8. Like A Virgin
                                      9. 4 Minutes
                                      10. Everybody
                                      11. American Life
                                      13. Living For Love
                                      14. Medellin

Just studio albums ranking? What about EVERY ALBUM (including compilations and OSTs? - just leaving remix and live albums out)
                                      This is very hard but I guess my ranking would be this:

1.Hung Up
                                      2.Vogue
                                      3.Like A Prayer
                                      4.You'll See
                                      5.Frozen
                                      6.Celebration
                                      7.4 Minutes
                                      8.Erotica
                                      9. Who's That Girl
                                      10.Music
                                      11.Live To Tell
                                      12.American Life
                                      13.Secret
                                      14.Medellin
                                      15.Give Me All Your Luvin
                                      16.Like A Virgin
                                      17.Living For Love
                                      18.You Must Love Me
                                      19.Justify My Love
                                      20. Everybody

In reality in Europe "American Pie" was in fact MUSIC album first song released as single and "Die Another Day" was first song released as a single from American Life - technically it wasn't so as they were also on OST and were considered singles from those OST but they were on the albums as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

However the live mix used on tour was fire - I love that whole ‘supersonic, bionic’ intro - it builds to something special musically, though again the 50s cheerleader stuff was an absolute choice
                                        Oh yeah,that was a moment. I was in awe. Nevermind the cheerleader stuff lol
                                        I remember there was this guy near me that was really high and as soon as he realized there were "flying- drummers" on stage, he started screaming (and shaking people he didn't even knew, like me for example) "omg omg they're flying they're flying"

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                        Madonna made the most of a bad situation, but she basically gave up on RH once it leaked. I still can’t believe the three singles were released as part of the six songs released in December 2014 - it made the rest of the album redundant.
                                        I think Madonna is so meticulous and plans every little thing so carefully before her releases that,once she saw the montruous leak ,she simply felt completely lost and didn't care/ nor had the energy to rethink everything and elaborate a new strategy/plan B.
                                        She simply carried on with what was left, despite all the damage done but love didn't lift her up this time around (oops)

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                        Medellin is one of my favourite Madonna songs from the whole Interscope saga. I understand the criticism, but it really has some great hooks and Madonna threw herself into the song, video and album like she hadn’t in a long time. It deserves to be much bigger than it is.
                                        Yes. Also the lyrics are really heartfelt once you get older and is able to relate to that feeling of going back to a time when you were really free-spirited and wild,before real life hits you and changes everything.
                                        Love Medellin.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
                                          In reality in Europe "American Pie" was in fact MUSIC album first song released as single and "Die Another Day" was first song released as a single from American Life - technically it wasn't so as they were also on OST and were considered singles from those OST but they were on the albums as well.
                                          Same with Live To Tell, as it was written for ‘At Close Range’ and released on the OST. I consider Papa Don’t Preach, Music and American Life the lead singles from the albums, just with movie songs tagged on.
                                          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

1. Like A Prayer
                                            2. Hung Up
                                            3. Music
                                            4. Secret
                                            5. Erotica
                                            6. Live To Tell
                                            7. Frozen
                                            8. Like A Virgin
                                            9. 4 Minutes
                                            10. Everybody
                                            11. American Life
                                            13. Living For Love
                                            14. Medellin

I suck at rankings but let's try:

Like a Prayer
                                            Frozen
                                            Hung Up
                                            Erotica
                                            Music
                                            Papa Don't Preach (sorry but in my mind that's the real lead and I think it's up to anyone to consider one or another )
                                            Like A Virgin
                                            Music
                                            American Life
                                            Medellin
                                            Secret
                                            4 Minutes
                                            Everybody
                                            Living For Love
                                            gmayl

It always feels weird for me to call Everybody the lead of her debut,
                                            I always think of it as an introductory song that worked well and she got a pass to continue releasing new music until dropping a full album but,then again,only my personal interpretation of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

You can’t claim Live To Tell is the lead single then overlook the entire existence of Die Another Day.
                                              Same for “American Pie” then

Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

Just studio albums ranking? What about EVERY ALBUM (including compilations and OSTs? - just leaving remix and live albums out)
                                              This is very hard but I guess my ranking would be this:

1.Hung Up
                                              2.Vogue
                                              3.Like A Prayer
                                              4.You'll See
                                              5.Frozen
                                              6.Celebration
                                              7.4 Minutes
                                              8.Erotica
                                              9. Who's That Girl
                                              10.Music
                                              11.Live To Tell
                                              12.American Life
                                              13.Secret
                                              14.Medellin
                                              15.Give Me All Your Luvin
                                              16.Like A Virgin
                                              17.Living For Love
                                              18.You Must Love Me
                                              19.Justify My Love
                                              20. Everybody

1. Like A Prayer
                                              2. Hung Up
                                              3. Music
                                              4. Secret
                                              5. Erotica
                                              6. Live To Tell
                                              7. Frozen
                                              8. Like A Virgin
                                              9. Vogue
                                              10. Justify My Love
                                              11. 4 Minutes
                                              12. Everybody
                                              13. Who’s That Girl
                                              14. You’ll See
                                              15. American Life
                                              16. You Must Love Me
                                              17. Celebration
                                              18. Give Me All Your Luvin
                                              19. Living For Love
                                              20. Medellin

Comment

• Live To Tell
                                                Like A Prayer
                                                Vogue
                                                Frozen
                                                Secret
                                                Erotica
                                                Celebration
                                                Music
                                                Hung Up
                                                Medellin
                                                Living For Love
                                                NOW IT GETS HARD
                                                American Life
                                                Everybody
                                                Give Me All Your Luvin
                                                Like A Weerrrrgin
                                                4 Minutes

Comment

• 1. American Life
                                                  2. Hung Up
                                                  3. Vogue
                                                  4. 4 Minutes
                                                  5. Like a Virgin
                                                  6. Medellín
                                                  7. Music
                                                  8. Papa Don’t Preach
                                                  9. Like a Prayer
                                                  10. You’ll See
                                                  11. Secret
                                                  12. Frozen
                                                  13. Justify My Love
                                                  14. Celebration
                                                  15. Erotica
                                                  16. Everybody
                                                  17. Give Me All Your Luvin’
                                                  18. Living For Love
                                                  19. Who’s That Girl?
                                                  20. You Must Love Me
                                                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• 1. Frozen
                                                    2. Erotica
                                                    3. Justify My Love
                                                    4. You’ll See
                                                    5. Hung Up
                                                    6. Everybody
                                                    7. Secret
                                                    8. Music
                                                    9. Like a Prayer
                                                    10. Live To Tell
                                                    11. Vogue
                                                    12. Like a Virgin
                                                    13. Who’s That Girl
                                                    14. 4 Minutes
                                                    15. Celebration
                                                    16. American Life
                                                    17. Give Me All Your Luvin
                                                    18. Living For Love
                                                    19. Medellin
                                                    20. You Must Love Me
                                                    Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Wed October 13, 2021, 18:43.
                                                    Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

Working...
                                                    X