Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

Well,that's your perception and opinion, not reality.
    Tge era has been a great one. Full of videos,interviews,an up close, more personal and intimate show ,remixes and now the release of the show plus the live album and a TV appearance +live performance for her fans.
    So,you may not like it but yes,she's been giving her all to this .
    Whether one like it or not,thinks she's a pathetic try hard old woman or not is another story.
    BUT ,to say the era was over before the album release is not only unfair but completely wrong.
    Unless you're talking about charts, streaming numbers or sales.
    But then again, I think most of her fans didn't have high expectations on that regard so it's OK.
    Tour is the only thing that happened between album release and release of tour video. Oh yeah, and IDSIF remixes. So not really. On top of that tour was only for exclusive number of fans so there was nothing to follow expect of horrible news of her starting at 12am

I think you just lowered standards because she is old so you're acting as if bare minimum is some kind of achievement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post

Tour is the only thing that happened between album release and release of tour video. Oh yeah, and IDSIF remixes. So not really. On top of that tour was only for exclusive number of fans so there was nothing to follow expect of horrible news of her starting at 12am

I think you just lowered standards because she is old so you're acting as if bare minimum is some kind of achievement.
      First,I'm not talking about achievements.
      Second, I gave several examples to back my point (which is not sucess but commitment) but ok,nevermind ,its not that important and I already shared my view on this matter

Comment

• ^^oh boy, you'll just go in circles with that one.

I'm so obsessed with her little body twitching on American Life performance. I can watch that on a loop.

Anyone else surprised that Future is top 2 in terms of most streams from the live album?

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post

Anyone else surprised that Future is top 2 in terms of most streams from the live album?
          No as it’s completely reworked and has new lyrics.
          Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

It was the first song on my Spotify Radar last week. I guess it was the same for others and that could explain that top 2 position.

Comment

• Sorry in advance for spamming this because I already know I'm going to be insufferable, but there are three days left to vote in the favourite songs countdown. You can PM me if you have questions!

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                I can imagine Madonna being very frustrated with Lola’s lack of interest and commitment to anything. Even I find it frustrating just reading about it - she had such a privileged upbringing and she’s basically just lounging around posing for photos and doing a lot of weed. Every parents’ nightmare to be honest.

Reading between the lines I suspect there was a lot of arguments and Madonna basically cut her allowance, telling her to make her own money. It’s possible Madonna always prepared her for that, but Lola happily admits modelling is only about the money

Locking your wardrobe is a bit weird though Madonna.
                Agreed.
                There's no other madonna ever again. Not even in her family. She is a very protective mother. In an old fashioned way.
                but I'm amazed how lazy her kids are. Especially lourdes and Rocco. Little drive. So different from her. They are more alike their fathers maybe?
                Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Her lead singles often aren't my favourite singles from her albums. With exceptions like Secret.

1. Secret
                  2. Vogue
                  3. Like a Virgin
                  4. Erotica
                  5. Celebration
                  6. Justify My Love
                  7. Music
                  8. Who’s That Girl
                  9. You’ll See
                  10. Living For Love
                  11. Hung Up
                  12. Frozen
                  13. American Life
                  14. Live To Tell
                  15. 4 Minutes
                  16. Everybody
                  17. Like a Prayer
                  18. Give Me All Your Luvin
                  19. Medellin
                  20. You Must Love Me
                  I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• 1. Hung Up
                    2. Frozen
                    3.Like a Prayer
                    4. Vogue
                    5. Music
                    6. Erotica
                    7. Secret
                    8. You’ll See
                    9. Justify My Love
                    10. Live To Tell

11. Living For Love
                    12. Celebration
                    13. Like a Virgin
                    14. American Life
                    15. 4 Minutes
                    16. You Must Love Me
                    17. Everybody
                    18. Who’s That Girl
                    19. Medellin
                    20. Give Me All Your Luvin

Comment

• Finally I've watched Madame X tour and I've got mixed feelings about it. I like the concept, the arty edition but at the same time it's too much edited, her voice doesn't sound live at any moment and I miss a real concert moment at some point. Overall is enjoyable and she's amazing.
                      My fav is batuka

Comment

• I'll remember is playing on radio here

Comment

• Lola knows she'll never be as successful as her mom and she'll always be known as Madonna's daughter so she is probably thinking "why bother?"

I want her to be a guest judge on RPDR though.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                            Lola knows she'll never be as successful as her mom and she'll always be known as Madonna's daughter so she is probably thinking "why bother?"

I want her to be a guest judge on RPDR though.
                            But she doesn’t even appear to even care about making a name for herself beyond being Madonna’s daughter. It can be done - Liza stepped out of Judy’s shadow by working hard and eventually won an Oscar on her own merits.

Lola apparently just can’t be arsed
                            Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Loved the interview with Lola.
                              My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• Why can't Lola just be Lola? She'll be fine, her inheritance check will take care of her, unless it's all going to her boytoy.

Comment

• If I were Lola I would do exactly the same ain't gonna lie

Comment

Why can't Lola just be Lola? She'll be fine, her inheritance check will take care of her, unless it's all going to her boytoy.
                                    Because by her own admission, all she actually does is a lot of weed. The inheritance isn’t coming for decades and according to Lola, like every parent it seems Madonna keeps wanting her to make something of her life. That doesn’t mean celebrity - I’m sure Madonna would be happy if Lola just had a profession at this point.
                                    Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

Because by her own admission, all she actually does is a lot of weed. The inheritance isn’t coming for decades and according to Lola, like every parent it seems Madonna keeps wanting her to make something of her life. That doesn’t mean celebrity - I’m sure Madonna would be happy if Lola just had a profession at this point.
                                      She has one though, she is a model
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

She has one though, she is a model
                                        Only because Madonna cut her off and made her earn her own money.
                                        Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Let Lola be Lola
                                          Let Mercy be the next President
                                          Let David workout to his hearts content
                                          Let Rocco find himself

Afterall Madonna did all the work for them. Besides all the perks aside it’s no easy ride having Madonna (the entertainer) as your mom.

My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• Erotica album, era, singles, looks >>>> Bedtime Stories

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                              Erotica album, era, singles, looks >>>> Bedtime Stories

Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

You stan for “Hard Candy” and said it was the best album of her career , ban yourself
                                                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• It is difficult to choose which era was better. Erotica and BS are PERFECT albums, music videos, looks, everything. 10/10

However, Bedtime Stories has Human Nature, so I think it wins.
                                                  Christina Aguilera / ROSALÍA / Nathy Peluso / Shygirl / M.I.A / Lil’ Kim

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                                                    It is difficult to choose which era was better. Erotica and BS are PERFECT albums, music videos, looks, everything. 10/10

However, Bedtime Stories has Human Nature, so I think it wins.

“Erotica” had a tour (and a great one BTW) that is the great “Girlie Show” ….. “Bedtime Stories” didn’t have a tour.

”Erotica” has 5 singles , “Bedtime” has 4

”Erotica” has a book and was a statement , “Bedtime” was (unfairly) viewed as “let’s just jump into the safe R&B trend”.

”Erotica” music was way more experimental and very artistic , “Bedtime” had a few songs that were repetitive.

———

I love both albums and eras , “Bedtime” is definitely a great one … BUT “Erotica” >>>>>>>>
                                                    Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat October 16, 2021, 20:18.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X