X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by DaBoi
    I've just seen Bridget Jones for the first time.
    The Like a Virgin scene from prison was great
    I love that scene too.

Leave a comment:

• DaBoi
    replied
    I've just seen Bridget Jones for the first time.
    The Like a Virgin scene from prison was great

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Something to Remember is amazing! It chronicles her ballads really well. The photos, the song selection make it a great purchase. It deserved the success it got.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    TUTBMP is a great song but at the same time one of the less mentioned among the fans....and sadly forgotten by Madona herself

Leave a comment:

• NoAngel
    replied
    I think she said once that she didn't like TUTBMP and that's why it wasn't included on GHV2. So, unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever hear it live, although it's one of my favorite ballads from her.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    Originally posted by denise
    Originally posted by ChrisDamen

Anyone else dig the Drowned World performance of Secret like me?
    I 've never been paticular fond of Secret.....The DWT version made me felt in love with the song completely, and its backdrop was absolutely stunning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Amk4dT2U6k
    Secret is easily within Madonna's all-time Top 5 songs for me (and at certain moments probably my #1 from her). I hate that it was so overshadowed by "Take A Bow" and I also hate that she never performs it. The DWT version was OK, it was nice to hear it, even changed to a faux-country song but I'd like to hear her performing the original at some point. I'd like to see her do "This Used To Be My Playground" live at some point too (I believe she didn't even sing it once) since it was a US #1 and it is my all time favourite ballad by her

Leave a comment:

• NoAngel
    replied
    No problem. I realize now that I should've quoted.

Leave a comment:

• Leo92
    replied
    Originally posted by NoAngel
    Originally posted by Leo92
    Well, some fans just can't get it that if someone had successful albums in America it doesn't make her a Queen of Pop.
    If it's not Madonna, who is it?
    She influenced every female artist of today.
    I didn't talk about Madonna. It was reply to previous post.
    Oh ok I was mad sorry

Leave a comment:

• NoAngel
    replied
    Originally posted by Leo92
    Well, some fans just can't get it that if someone had successful albums in America it doesn't make her a Queen of Pop.
    I didn't talk about Madonna. It was reply to previous post.

Leave a comment:

• Leo92
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    ...whatever

Leave a comment:

• NoAngel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DaBoi
    replied
    Looking in other Divas threads and seeing how people are excited for a particular album charting in Holland at number 100 - they take it as good news - happy that it charted
    It just goes to show what a huge star Madonna really is. always top 10 and most of the times number 1 all over the world.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisDamen
    replied
    I 've never been paticular fond of Secret.....The DWT version made me felt in love with the song completely, and its backdrop was absolutely stunning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Amk4dT2U6k[/quote]

I prefer the Drowned World live version than the 1994 one. The original version is too bland for me. =P

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Originally posted by frankie_85
    Love "Something To Remember"! You'll see and I Want You are among my favorite Madonna singles...any word on the I Want You video? I think it's absolutely gorgeous...among my top15 Madonna videos (possibly top10) and it wasn't even given a full release LOL

For someone who missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DeLqz9JAX0

She looks stunning...i think she was at her peak in beauty in this video (and the You'll see one).
    A great, gorgeous video made with a low budget, something Madge seems to forget lately........ :-?

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisDamen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Amk4dT2U6k

Leave a comment:

• ChrisDamen
    replied
    Something to Remember and Evita actually helped get her career back to basics.

Leave a comment:

• Frankie
    replied
    Love "Something To Remember"! You'll see and I Want You are among my favorite Madonna singles...any word on the I Want You video? I think it's absolutely gorgeous...among my top15 Madonna videos (possibly top10) and it wasn't even given a full release LOL

For someone who missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DeLqz9JAX0

She looks stunning...i think she was at her peak in beauty in this video (and the You'll see one).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Music Week
    Apple has listed the top-selling tracks and albums on iTunes during the past year in the US.

<snip>

The top selling TV episode of the year was Glee: The Power Of Madonna.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Somethig To Remember, is a real gem, her most interesting collection, released in a perfect time of her career!
    Agree with who said Rain and Crazy For You, should have been left out!! Shame it doesn't include "Inside Of Me"!

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    I agree about "Forbidden Love" and "Love Tried To Welcome Me" I prefer the latter too although I like both of them a lot. I am one of the very few people who actually like "One More Chance" though

Leave a comment:

• sambo9
    replied
    "Something To Remember" is my favourite Madonna compilation! Apart from "One More Chance", every track is strong. It creates a dark, quite mysterious atmosphere which greatly contrasts to the mood that the majority of her albums and compilations make. "Forbidden Love", however, should have been replaced by "Love Tried To Welcome Me". It's too upbeat and it disrupts the easy flow. "One More Chance" is just a really weak song that I never really play.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    "Something To Remember" is a great compilation, probably Madonna's best. I can still listen to it when I want to chill, it's just great and all 3 new songs were great too (even "One More Chance"). I would be happier if "Crazy For You" and "Rain" wouldn't be there but still there are so many great songs I don't mind them

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    i love something to remember. You'll see alone justifies the purchase. Live to Tell and Oh Father are essential songs in my opinion and I also love I want you. As nothingfails said, it toned down her aggressive image alot I think.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by DaBoi
    What do you guys think of 'Something to Remember' (the compilation not the song)
    Do you still like it or does it sound dated?
    I love 'I want you' and 'You'll See' but all her slow songs sound so good to me
    A lot of fans seem to hate that period and Evita, but I do think this album/era actually served a great deal at repairing Madonna's image to people who thought she went too far with Sex. It helped win back some fans and it was a crucial step forward to the "true" comeback with Ray Of Light. Plus this was when AC music was HUGE (Mariah hadn't quite become urban yet and Celine was starting to become massive, and Whitney was still fairly hot off The Bodyguard) and I think it helped Madge a lot and those singles (I'll Remember, Secret, Take A Bow and You'll See, even Rain could be argued since it was at the tail-end of the Erotica era) really helped rehabilitate her image and saved her from irrelevance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X