Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guys let’s move on from discussing Mariah. There’s a thread for that if you want to discuss her.
    Bleep Bloop Blop

    Comment


    • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
      Guys let’s move on from discussing Mariah. There’s a thread for that if you want to discuss her.
      Haven’t heard of her in years. While Madonna’s Frozen has been a tiktok viral sensation.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
        Guys let’s move on from discussing Mariah. There’s a thread for that if you want to discuss her.
        Nobody was even comparing. I was using her as a example. I don't know why they're so upset and shady

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

          Mariah had become very respected since that tragic performance. At one point she was extremely picked on. I would even call it bullying. She recovered well. I think Madonna can do the same.
          What are you talking about? In what country do you live?
          Mariah is essentially remembered by her Christmas songs only (at least in Europe) and her covers from "Without You" and "I Wanna Know What Love Is".

          Her tragic performance was not even talked about in Europe as she doesn't have that importance - she is hardly in the news and her new albums fail to chart inside the TOP 40 in most countries

          Madonna new albums are always TOP 5 in most worldwide countries (and even TOP 3 in most European countries)

          Comment




          • What he wanted to say that if Mariah managed to make an image makeover, so can Madonna. I don't think he was comparing two artists yet as usual aggressive Madonna fans find an excuse to attack other female artists.

            To answer your question Aaronsmithjune1 Madonna doesn't want to be respected by people if they won't respect her the way she lives and ages. And she loves irritating people and her fans. I won't be shocked if she'll release Sex book volume 2 when she is 75.

            Cha Cha Instructor

            Comment


            • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

              What he wanted to say that if Mariah managed to make an image makeover, so can Madonna. I don't think he was comparing two artists yet as usual aggressive Madonna fans find an excuse to attack other female artists.

              To answer your question Aaronsmithjune1 Madonna doesn't want to be respected by people if they won't respect her the way she lives and ages. And she loves irritating people and her fans. I won't be shocked if she'll release Sex book volume 2 when she is 75.
              The only makeover Mariah had was as Queen of Christmas - she basically have been activelly promoting her Christmas songs almost every year since 2001. And even more strongly since 2010.

              I don't think Madonna needs a makeover... do you? I love just how she have been right now.
              "Artists are here to disturb the peace"

              I would love if Madonna released a new SEX book at 75 showing how woman can still be actractive and sexy at that age.
              It would be daring and amazing. It would certainly be a best seller like the first one - some people would buy because love her, others because think she is sexy and others out of curiosity.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

                What he wanted to say that if Mariah managed to make an image makeover, so can Madonna. I don't think he was comparing two artists yet as usual aggressive Madonna fans find an excuse to attack other female artists.

                To answer your question Aaronsmithjune1 Madonna doesn't want to be respected by people if they won't respect her the way she lives and ages. And she loves irritating people and her fans. I won't be shocked if she'll release Sex book volume 2 when she is 75.
                Thank you...

                Comment


                • Sometimes it's the simplest things : I'm still super excited about this typewriter intro for Medellin on the Madame X Live Album. Simple, but genius.
                  I'm really not getting the hate this track gets.
                  Last edited by KEY9481; Mon October 25, 2021, 14:27.
                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                  Comment


                  • Medellin is beautiful.

                    Comment


                    • ^Agree with both of you guys.
                      Actually I feel really glad she released Medellin as it easily became my favorite Madonna song in well over e decade.


                      Comment


                      • Medellin was a little long but I really liked it.

                        Comment


                        • Medellín is a great song, probably my favourite Madonna song in years. I do think the song structure is a little off and the chorus a little weak, but when it gets going I don’t want it to end.

                          Madonna and Maluma work so well together and watching their recent interview you can tell they have great chemistry and respect for each other - I really wouldn’t be mad if they did something else together.

                          The great thing about Madame X is that she finally had a couple of options for lead single and that was a welcome change (God Control/Faz Gostoso).

                          I still think it’s a little odd she chose to release and perform Future before the album dropped, as it really doesn’t represent the album at all (though I love it), and I’m very surprised she didn’t push for Killers or Crazy as a single - Crazy is the obvious choice but Killers was one of the first songs she did for the album and you know how precious she gets about early songs that dictates the rest of the recording sessions (Candy Shop I’m looking at you).
                          Bleep Bloop Blop

                          Comment


                          • I never hated a song but I hate Medellin with all my heart. I probably wouldn't even call it her worst song (there are worse ofc) but I truly hate it. It's just so unpleasant to listen to in every possible way. I could explain, but I will probably be called troll and hater.

                            Comment


                            • Crazy would have been a great choice as a single indeed.
                              I think Come Alive might have worked too!
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                Crazy would have been a great choice as a single indeed.
                                I think Come Alive might have worked too!
                                This is like saying Superstar and B-Day song should've been singles from MDNA.

                                Comment


                                • I feel a need to rank Madame X again:

                                  01 Medellín
                                  02 God Control
                                  03 Batuka
                                  04 Killers Who Are Partying
                                  05 Come Alive
                                  06 Dark Ballet
                                  07 Crazy
                                  08 Future
                                  09 Bitch I’m Loca
                                  10 I Rise
                                  11 I Don’t Search I Find
                                  12 Crave
                                  13 Extreme Occident
                                  14 Faz Gostoso
                                  15 Looking For Mercy
                                  16 Ciao Bella
                                  17 Back That Up To The Beat
                                  18 Funana

                                  Honestly, this is like my favourite Madonna album since American Life. Mirwais is such a genius and always brings out the best in Madonna.
                                  Bleep Bloop Blop

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                    Crazy would have been a great choice as a single indeed.
                                    I think Come Alive might have worked too!
                                    Both should have been singles.

                                    The perfect single run for me would have been: Medellín, God Control, Crazy, Come Alive and Batuka - they really do represent the soundscape on Madame X better than Crave and Future.
                                    Bleep Bloop Blop

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by menime123 View Post

                                      Both should have been singles.

                                      The perfect single run for me would have been: Medellín, God Control, Crazy, Come Alive and Batuka - they really do represent the soundscape on Madame X better than Crave and Future.
                                      Exactly.
                                      And we would have had a different ESC performance
                                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                                      Comment


                                      • Agree about Crazy.
                                        I would still keep medillin as the lead but followed by Crazy instead.
                                        God Control deserved a straight forward video (albeit the version we have is great but,unfortunately, far too long).

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                                          Agree about Crazy.
                                          I would still keep medillin as the lead but followed by Crazy instead.
                                          God Control deserved a straight forward video (albeit the version we have is great but,unfortunately, far too long).
                                          I think God Control should have been pushed as the lead in the US (with a Billboard performance) and then Medellín in the rest of the world (Eurovision). Then Crazy etc...

                                          I really enjoy the Eurovision performance but it really should have been a big uptempo celebration - Music and Medellín would have been absolutely perfect. Oh well.
                                          Bleep Bloop Blop

                                          Comment


                                          • Still can’t get over why she chose to perform Future at Eurovision. So many people tuned in wanting to see classic Madonna and she does a track that alienates the majority of her old fans.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                              Still can’t get over why she chose to perform Future at Eurovision. So many people tuned in wanting to see classic Madonna and she does a track that alienates the majority of her old fans.
                                              She did do Like a Prayer though. It wasn’t good but she did it
                                              Bleep Bloop Blop

                                              Comment


                                              • True, but in terms of a new track she should’ve done something much more commercial.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                                  I never hated a song but I hate Medellin with all my heart. I probably wouldn't even call it her worst song (there are worse ofc) but I truly hate it. It's just so unpleasant to listen to in every possible way. I could explain, but I will probably be called troll and hater.
                                                  You are a troll and a hater. thank you for sparing us the hate.

                                                  in other news the frozen remix is charting very well on Spotify’s viral playlist and her team have done nothing. In the words of Hard Candy Donna, ‘don’t sit there like some silly girl’. A mess.




                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                                    I feel a need to rank Madame X again:

                                                    01 Medellín
                                                    02 God Control
                                                    03 Batuka
                                                    04 Killers Who Are Partying
                                                    05 Come Alive
                                                    06 Dark Ballet
                                                    07 Crazy
                                                    08 Future
                                                    09 Bitch I’m Loca
                                                    10 I Rise
                                                    11 I Don’t Search I Find
                                                    12 Crave
                                                    13 Extreme Occident
                                                    14 Faz Gostoso
                                                    15 Looking For Mercy
                                                    16 Ciao Bella
                                                    17 Back That Up To The Beat
                                                    18 Funana

                                                    Honestly, this is like my favourite Madonna album since American Life. Mirwais is such a genius and always brings out the best in Madonna.
                                                    Your order is so different to mine but agree it’s a brilliant album.
                                                    Ciao Bella is my number one

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X