Rebel Heart
    Beautiful Scars
    Borrowed Time

and then some...
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

The shade.

If you were talking about Kylie, there was nothing relegable about Glastonbury!
      I was thinking more the fact in recent years it’s been a slot for the likes of Dolly Parton, Lionel Ritchie, Barry Gibb, Kenny Rogers, Shirley Bassey etc.

I have mixed feelings about Kylie joining that line up to be honest. I loved her set and she was perfect for it, but she’s still headline material for me.
      Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

I was thinking more the fact in recent years it’s been a slot for the likes of Dolly Parton, Lionel Ritchie, Barry Gibb, Kenny Rogers, Shirley Bassey etc.

I have mixed feelings about Kylie joining that line up to be honest. I loved her set and she was perfect for it, but she’s still headline material for me.
        Good save.

I agree she is, but I was there and she was utterly perfect for a Sunday afternoon in that glorious weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

Good save.

I agree she is, but I was there and she was utterly perfect for a Sunday afternoon in that glorious weather.
          But there you have it - Madonna really isn’t sunshine and roses on a Sunday afternoon, is she?
          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

But there you have it - Madonna really isn’t sunshine and roses on a Sunday afternoon, is she?
            Pyramid stage on a Sunday night, providing she ups her live game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post
              It's difficult to say what my favourite album track is. It could be Words, Forbidden love (Confessions), Spanish Lesson, Gang Bang or Holy Water.
              Words??? Spanish Lessons?
              Really?
              Those are probably my least favourite tracks from Erotica and Hard Candy albums.
              It's amazing how different Madonna fans taste is.

From Erotica my favourite album track is "Why's it so Hard" (and "Thief of Hearts" is a very close #02 - was my favourite when I first listen to the album in 1992) and from Hard Candy is "The Beat Goes On" (It's kind of hard to choose love "Candy Shop" a lot too).

Comment

• Words is in my top 5 from Erotica. Besides the singles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                  Words is in my top 5 from Erotica. Besides the singles.
                  Yes!! Words is one of my favorite all time Madonna songs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

Words??? Spanish Lessons?
                    Really?
                    Those are probably my least favourite tracks from Erotica and Hard Candy albums.
                    It's amazing how different Madonna fans taste is.

From Erotica my favourite album track is "Why's it so Hard" (and "Thief of Hearts" is a very close #02 - was my favourite when I first listen to the album in 1992) and from Hard Candy is "The Beat Goes On" (It's kind of hard to choose love "Candy Shop" a lot too).
                    Yes I'm honest, but my taste has always been a bit weird. Thought Thief of hearts and Why's it so hard come close though
                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Wait, so not only we have Xmas songs slaying on Spotify, now we have even Halloween songs, but songs actually being regular pop hits that have no connection to it. But ofc Madonna is the only one not to have either

Streaming era will be the end of her, she just can't win

Comment

• Words is one of my faves off Erotica, Spanish Lesson on the other hand is one of her worst ever

Comment

• Erotica is an album I love from start to finish(bar DYDI?,but that doesn't even count does it ? Lol)
                          I know I'm in the minority but the almost always ignored or disliked Where Life Begins and Secret Garden are among my faves off of it

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                            Erotica is an album I love from start to finish(bar DYDI?,but that doesn't even count does it ? Lol)
                            I know I'm in the minority but the almost always ignored or disliked Where Life Begins and Secret Garden are among my faves off of it
                            I like the melody of WLB but those two probably are the weakest moments on Erotica, alongside DYDI and ITL. Without those four you’ve probably have a much stronger album actually.
                            Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                              Wait, so not only we have Xmas songs slaying on Spotify, now we have even Halloween songs, but songs actually being regular pop hits that have no connection to it. But ofc Madonna is the only one not to have either

Streaming era will be the end of her, she just can't win
                              Keep complaining about her ‘FLOP’ in streaming era.What’s wrong with you?

17 songs from TIC got 1.6 billion streams on Spotify.
                              That’s a decent number.

She’s not with diamond voice or unbelievable high notes.

Also she flopped in USA since 2003, after that she got ZERO top ten hits on the radio chart, you know what that means.

It has been nearly 20 years ! She’s not popular in the Y or Z Generation in United States, who use Spotify more frequently.

She performed poorly on Pandora,which is a US Only Online radio platform .

Outside USA she’s doing well. She entered top ten radio artists in Canada last decade.
                              Last edited by britneyliam; Mon November 1, 2021, 17:30.

Comment

• And Madge doesn’t really care about her streams.

Mariah’s Christmas song got 10 million digital sales and 1 billion streams on Spotify , probably another 1 billion on the others platform since 2003.

10 digital downloads equals one album
                                1500 streams equals one album
                                3750 ad-supported streams equals 1 album

That’s only about 3 million album equivalent units sales on Chartmasters.

I know the song is timeless and Mariah did sing perfectly.

Madonna doesn’t need seasonal hits to keep popular or make money. And don’t forget there are dozens of Christmas hits being Popular when xmas comes,some of artists passed away long ago.

Do they need to celebrate the re-entery on charts in heaven when Xmas comes?

Her shows grossed millions
                                Also her catalogue songs performed well on streaming platform . La isla bonita got 650 million streams or more on Youtube. She definitely has some timeless songs.
                                Not surpassing Whitney or Michael doesn’t means she’s got nothing
                                Last edited by britneyliam; Mon November 1, 2021, 15:31.

Comment

• Listening to Something To Remember today and honestly, it’s such an underrated Madonna album. You’ll See is such an underrated Madonna single.
                                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

I like the melody of WLB but those two probably are the weakest moments on Erotica, alongside DYDI and ITL. Without those four you’ve probably have a much stronger album actually.

For me,alongside DYDI,the weakest moment on Erotica is Fever.
                                    Boring and unnecessary.
                                    Secret Garden is a treasure. I never get tired of it

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

For me,alongside DYDI,the weakest moment on Erotica is Fever.
                                      Boring and unnecessary.
                                      Secret Garden is a treasure. I never get tired of it
                                      Weak doesn’t mean unlikeable, but I can live without them
                                      Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I think Words and Ssecret Garden give the album that “classy” touch
                                        oh and I love Fever as well
                                        I cannot think of any particular song on that album that I dislike

Comment

• When was Madonna's prime? Give a time frame... I've always wondered this.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayCrawford1964 View Post
                                            When was Madonna's prime? Give a time frame... I've always wondered this.
                                            I think every fan will have a different opinion on this.
                                            But ,for me,her absolute prime goes from march 1989 with the Like a Prayer song and vídeo release up until late 1991 (post Truth or Dare release).

Comment

• Madonna’s had a few prime moments.

1. Commercial Peak - Like a Virgin/True Blue
                                              2. Fame Peak - Vogue/BAT/TIC/Truth or Dare
                                              3. Creative Peak - Ray of Light through Confessions.
                                              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

When was Madonna's prime? Give a time frame... I've always wondered this.
                                                First:
                                                1989-1991
                                                From Like a prayer to blond ambition tour and truth or dare.
                                                grossing nearly 100 million dollars

Second 1998-2001
                                                Ray of light Music Drowned world tour
                                                positive reviews Rollingstone greatest of all-time albums
                                                she got grammys,Shipped 25 million albums in three years
                                                Music is a chart-topper worldwide since vogue from 10 years before

Third: 2005-2009
                                                Commercial Peak Confessions Album to sticky & sweet tour
                                                Rock n roll hall of fame inducted
                                                Shipped 12 million albums within 4 years
                                                Grossing 600 million dollars with two tours
                                                And became the richest female artist

Comment

• Sounds like Madonna has had great longevity then, but I always hear this story that she fell off in America. What exactly happened to her in the US?

Comment

Sounds like Madonna has had great longevity then, but I always hear this story that she fell off in America. What exactly happened to her in the US?
                                                    During the 80's some naked pictures from her youth were published in the United States, I always read that was the reason for her sales in America not being so huge like in Europe. The United States was very conservative in that decade, well It kinda still is

Comment

Working...
                                                    X