No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80s was her prime and 90s was her artistic peak. But the early 00s were also flawless times for her.

From 2000 to 2006 she released flawless singles, albums and tours. I kinda miss the early 00s Madonna.
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• MDNA was her tour peak for me. Absolute perfection.

I don't understand when people say they miss her from certain eras. This is a woman who has made a life out of re-inventing not only change her image and sound but her persona. I assure you people were very ready to get rid of her American Life persona once the era was over. And now look how celebrated it is. It's incredible what the lens of nostalgia will make people feel.

MX is a masterpiece. hands down one of the best eras in terms of the package (music quality, music videos, looks, tour, etc).

Comment

• Originally posted by MDNHAY View Post
        MDNA was her tour peak for me. Absolute perfection.
        Same

Comment

• MDNA tour was good but nothing compared to “Drowned World”, “Confessions” or “Girlie Show” tours IMO.

“Drowned World” is IMO her best, greatest and most artistic tour ever but “Confessions” was probably her touring peak in terms of Popstar factor and aesthetics, it was a visual stylish masterpiece.
          Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed November 10, 2021, 13:40.
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
            MDNA tour was good but nothing compared to “Drowned World”, “Confessions” or “Girlie Show” tours IMO.

“Drowned World” is IMO her best, greatest and most artistic tour ever but “Confessions” was probably her touring peak in terms of Popstar factor and aesthetics, it was a visual stylish masterpiece.
            My thoughts exactly here

Comment

• It really says a lot that we can call our lesser favourite tours 'good' but if this was dony by any other artist, it would be beyond incredible for them.

Comment

It really says a lot that we can call our lesser favourite tours 'good' but if this was dony by any other artist, it would be beyond incredible for them.
                NOW that u makes me think about it, what u just said is so damn true

M raised the standard

Comment

It really says a lot that we can call our lesser favourite tours 'good' but if this was dony by any other artist, it would be beyond incredible for them.
                  That's so true. She has a massive catalogue. One of the greatest in history
                  Last edited by autumnwind; Thu November 11, 2021, 06:18.
                  Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

MDNA was her tour peak for me. Absolute perfection.

I don't understand when people say they miss her from certain eras. This is a woman who has made a life out of re-inventing not only change her image and sound but her persona. I assure you people were very ready to get rid of her American Life persona once the era was over. And now look how celebrated it is. It's incredible what the lens of nostalgia will make people feel.

MX is a masterpiece. hands down one of the best eras in terms of the package (music quality, music videos, looks, tour, etc).
                    100%!!!! She danced her ass off on MDNA; it was such a high energy and high tech show. And probably the last time she danced so much on stage. I loved it. Especially the first section of the show was breathtaking.
                    “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Unaired MTV interview from 2005. The interviewer is terrible, but interesting watching Madonna trying to make it work. I get the feeling she’d just kick him out after two minutes if that happened now. Interesting that there was possibly an iPod incoming at one point and that she wasn’t interested in talking about the industry itself.
                      Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• ^ I watched that interview a few days ago actually and regardless of the interviewer quality there was something about that Interview that seemed to have Madonna feeling comfortable and relaxed just by looking at her body language, facial expressions, tone of her voice. For some weird reason, I feel like she liked that interview. Or perhaps she just was on a good mood that day.

Comment

• When it comes to tours, NOTHING will ever come close to Blond Ambition but Confessions is the obvious runner-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by fridakahlo View Post
                            Justify My Love has upgraded to HD. (Non censor version) 32,017,471 views

This is at 32,074,471 so about 14,000 per day since HD. Seems a little lower than previous videos that were upgraded.

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post

100%!!!! She danced her ass off on MDNA; it was such a high energy and high tech show. And probably the last time she danced so much on stage. I loved it. Especially the first section of the show was breathtaking.
                              I completely agree
                              Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• So it seems like Madonna has started the casting for her movie!

Comment

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
                                  So it seems like Madonna has started the casting for her movie!
                                  how u know
                                  Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                  Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• nevermind
                                    Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                    Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• The Ciccone Vineyard (owned by Madonna’s Dad) are putting up some vintage COADF Madonna wines for sale, with all proceeds going to Raising Malawi.

Madonna’s birthday wish was for her friends and supporters to adopt a bed in the ward of the Mercy James Centre hospital in Malawi, built especially for children. By adopting a bed, you can ensure that any sick or injured child that comes through the hospital doors has access to world class specialized care.

In support of this cause, Ciccone Vineyard & Winery will be releasing a limited number of exclusive commemorative* 2005 Madonna Wines. 100% of the net proceeds from the wines sold will go to Madonna’s Raising Malawi Foundation and the Mercy James Centre For Pediatric Surgery and Intensive Care.

As a special thank you, Madonna has personally signed a 4×5 picture of herself, with her father Tony (Founder and Owner of Ciccone Vineyard & Winery) to be included with each purchase.
                                      Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Only for the states
                                        "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                                          Only for the states
                                          Sadly. I’d have been very tempted otherwise.

I appreciate this is for charity, but Madonna might consider signing some copies of her next album, now that’s the in thing to do
                                          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• That's so sweet. I would love to order it though

Comment

• Miriam Margolyes was interviewed a couple of days ago to promote one of her new shows, and Madonna came up in the conversation. The most "reductive" thing about the whole thing is how people still manage to bring up Lady Gaga whenever Madonna is mentioned. So annoying. Watch from min. 5:08.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc7N2BbSzjc

(Also, if you actually watch her new show with Alan Cumming, "Lost in Scotland", she actually tells Cumming that Madonna is over. Sigh... And of course, that he shouldn't be afraid of her. Yawn.)
                                              “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Btw her love towards candy shop is just....i don't know why she is so obsessed with it. God only knows. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
                                                  Miriam Margolyes was interviewed a couple of days ago to promote one of her new shows, and Madonna came up in the conversation. The most "reductive" thing about the whole thing is how people still manage to bring up Lady Gaga whenever Madonna is mentioned. So annoying. Watch from min. 5:08.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc7N2BbSzjc

(Also, if you actually watch her new show with Alan Cumming, "Lost in Scotland", she actually tells Cumming that Madonna is over. Sigh... And of course, that he shouldn't be afraid of her. Yawn.)

Miriam Margolyes is a respected eighty year old actress and entitled to her opinions. I don’t know what you’re looking to achieve by sharing negative commentary from someone? It’s not exactly news or conducive to a productive discussion is it?
                                                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                                                    Btw her love towards candy shop is just....i don't know why she is so obsessed with it. God only knows. Lol
                                                    Because it’s her best song.
                                                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Working...
                                                    X