No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the hate for Hard Candy songs? I think it's her last really great album. She lost inspiration after "Celebration".

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
      Imagine Candy Shop as the first single off HC, the tragedy
      Oh M ...
      Agree. Tragic and pathetic. Her taste is just...
      Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
        4 Minutes was a monster of a hit and so deserved. If we’re going to talk about ageism, the only reason it wasn’t a #1 in the US is because radio refused to play Madonna - it got to #3 on the Hot 100 on pure sales alone.

Working with Justin, Timbaland, Pharrell and Danja was far from an inspired choice, but I think it’s undeniable how they brought their a-game for Madonna - the first half of the album (Candy Shop to She’s Not Me) is as strong a run of songs as any on an album that came before it.

Hard Candy has aged really well, only sounding a bit dated on 4 Minutes - but it’s still a killer song. I really wish Madonna and Warner had parted on better terms and given Give It 2 Me and Miles Away the treatment of deserved - the GI2M video was pretty bad and Miles Away deserved a big budget video.
        Yeah I remember that 4 minutes were no. 1 at the download charts for 2 weeks. It should have been no. 1 but lack of radio djs airing and politics of agism blocked it doing it.
        so pathetic djs and clear channel manipulation.
        Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• The US charts are so crazy for including airplay, imagine a song not reaching its full potential due to radio stations controlling/influencing that part of the charts - always thought that's crazy...

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
            Have you guys watched Madame Xtra Q&A?
            Going to check it out this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimshakes View Post
              The US charts are so crazy for including airplay, imagine a song not reaching its full potential due to radio stations controlling/influencing that part of the charts - always thought that's crazy...
              Same can be said about streaming and Spotify controlling the charts with their playlisting.
              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Open Your Heart HD
                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Same can be said about streaming and Spotify controlling the charts with their playlisting.
                  That's certainly a worry these days and if we're honest it was the major record labels back in the day too...there's always been an element of it & you could say by allowing the streaming which isn't paid for to count its the same as letting the airplay count if you think about it...

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I don't find it infectious at all. I think it's one of her most boring songs. No strong melody.
                    I know it's hated by most here, but when I think of infectious, I think of Superstar. Now that song is infectious.
                    Really? To me "4 Minutes" it's a 9/10 while "Superstar" it's a 4/10 - was never a favourite of mine.
                    Last edited by MadNuno; Sat November 20, 2021, 13:42.

Comment

Absolutely.
                      Obviously not tik tok level of "going viral"
                      You had a lot of people on you tube talking about the video,dancing to the coreography she and Justin do on it and even making parodies of it.
                      like this,for example:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sun...outputType=amp

Back then ,I was already subscribed to several you tubers(even though they were not even called that yet lol).
                      ​​​The 4 Minutes video was a huge,huge success and her team missed the opportunity to capitalize on it.
                      Indeed and it was #02 Best selling single of the year worldwide according to IFPI and #03 on Mediatraffic (that also takes airplay into account).

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

Really? To me "4 Minutes" it's a 9/10 while "Superstar" it's a 4/10 - was never a favourite of mine.
                        Really. "4 Minutes" was the first lead single I didn't like and still don't.
                        "Superstar" reminds me of 80s Madonna when all her songs were catchy on first listen.
                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Time Stood Still should have been a single. Such an obvious hit.
                          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Really. "4 Minutes" was the first lead single I didn't like and still don't.
                            "Superstar" reminds me of 80s Madonna when all her songs were catchy on first listen.
                            I love Superstar as well, but I bet we’re one of the few over here, lol

Comment

• Queen of making her peasants work for free

Comment

• Just listened to Broken...wow,.such a jam. Wouldn't mind this type of sound again....

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                                  Just listened to Broken...wow,.such a jam. Wouldn't mind this type of sound again....
                                  I don’t know why she picked Celebration, Revolver and It’s So Cool over Broken. She recorded four songs for the GH and put the best song in the vault.

There’s a demo too, which I believe is from 2002, making it part of the American Life sessions:

I remember there was talk it might have been from 2007 though, but I don’t think so - It’s So Cool was originally from 2002 too, so I’m inclined to think she dug both out from the same era.
                                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

I don’t know why she picked Celebration, Revolver and It’s So Cool over Broken. She recorded four songs for the GH and put the best song in the vault.

There’s a demo too, which I believe is from 2002, making it part of the American Life sessions:

I remember there was talk it might have been from 2007 though, but I don’t think so - It’s So Cool was originally from 2002 too, so I’m inclined to think she dug both out from the same era.
                                    I like "Broken" but to me "Celebration" is 10 times better.
                                    "Broken" is way better than "Revolver" and "It's So Cool" though.

Comment

• Broken is one of my favorites by her. It’s So Cool as well.
                                      Celebration was contagious and Revolver was underrated. But all four songs rank high on my list.

Comment

• Love Revolver and Celebration is ok at best.
                                        Find the other two meh

Comment

• Yeah Celebration is the perfect song for that GH. Its dancey and care free in the way Madonnas early songs were such as Everybody, Holiday, and Physical Attraction (especially the talking). Brokens good but its not that great.

Comment

Love Revolver and Celebration is ok at best.
                                            Find the other two meh
                                            I love Celebration's Remix!
                                            "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Those photos she’s just posted on Instagram… so the last one is a choice

I love how her face is now younger than Lourdes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                                Those photos she’s just posted on Instagram… so the last one is a choice

I love how her face is now younger than Lourdes.
                                                I wasn’t expecting full nipple

The face tuning I just overlook now, but she’ll be showing that Brazilian bum lift off until she’s in her 70s.
                                                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I love the last photo

Comment

• I love the last photo

Comment

Working...
                                                    X