No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Madame X but I really want a fun album next time. I really hope with her next album she comes back with a bang. I need something like ROL, Music or COADF - something with a real mix of uptempo and downtempo.

I want a lead single like Hung Up - something so obviously brilliant it could be the opening track song on a greatest hits album. I want a video with a look that is just instantly iconic and I really want her to make the world sit-up and go ‘but she’s 65?’ with her actual performance and dance ability when she performs it at award shows.

Surely that’s not too much to ask for?
    Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
      I love Madame X but I really want a fun album next time. I really hope with her next album she comes back with a bang. I need something like ROL, Music or COADF - something with a real mix of uptempo and downtempo.

I want a lead single like Hung Up - something so obviously brilliant it could be the opening track song on a greatest hits album. I want a video with a look that is just instantly iconic and I really want her to make the world sit-up and go ‘but she’s 65?’ with her actual performance and dance ability when she performs it at award shows.

Surely that’s not too much to ask for?
      Me too! I want fun disco Madonna back!
      "Living For Love" was OK but not great
      "Girls Gone Wild" was not bad but not great again
      "Celebration" was her last fun dance single and that was already 12 years ago!

Comment

• Thinking of her next album the first question I ask myself is, when will it happen?

Biopic should be released by 2023, and than we might hope for a new record release.

considering MX came out in 2019 her next effort could mark the longest gap between album release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forreal View Post
          Thinking of her next album the first question I ask myself is, when will it happen?

Biopic should be released by 2023, and then we might hope for a new record release.

considering MX came out in 2019 her next effort could mark the longest gap between album release.
          The biop producer said its shooting next year, so I suspect Madonna wants to debut at Cannes 2023 and look to release it to coincide with the 40th anniversary of her debut album in July 2023.

Madonna will probably then go on a big promotional tour, and either announce a greatest hits album and 2024 tour, or bypass that and announce plans to begin recording a new album.

Depending on how the sessions go, she could release an album in Q3 2024 or look to Q1 2025 (I don’t think she’ll look to a Q4 release ever again).

If she tours in 2024/2025, it’ll have been 8 to 10 years since she did an arena tour, so demand should be there - and longer in other territories she’s skipped the last couple of times.

So our best hope for ‘new’ music is from Warner’s catalogue project, which I’d guess will start with Everybody’s 40th anniversary October 2022. I don’t know what I expect for that but an EP with the full demo that she used to get signed would be a good place to start (I think it’s all leaked but an official release would be good).

The biopic is using Emmy/Breakfast Club music (as per the script she posted to Instagram) so we might get an official release of some of those songs too.
          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Sex always sells
            I do not disagree.

And with that Madonna is breaking the concept that woman can be sexual after 40, 50 and now 60. She’s taking the lashings but still sucking true to her spiritual self.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post

I do not disagree.
              So at what point do you think sex stops selling?
              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

So at what point do you think sex stops selling?
                That’s a good question and one we will all find out. Not too long ago in the 80s (the decade) being 40 was considered over the hill and 40 is the new 25 in many cases. People are staying in shape and working longer. I’m no Dr Ruth but sex is apart of life for the living majority.

Comment

That’s a good question and one we will all find out. Not too long ago in the 80s (the decade) being 40 was considered over the hill and 40 is the new 25 in many cases. People are staying in shape and working longer. I’m no Dr Ruth but sex is apart of life for the living majority.
                  But aren’t you contradicting yourself? You think sex doesn’t always sell but don’t know when it stops selling?

I mean, Barbra and Cher’s (second to) last album featured them in sexualised ways both in silk/lace nightwear and in Cher’s case, lying in bed. Both were in their late 60s/70s and both albums were US Top 3 albums.

You can claim they’re innocent and I’d agree, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t sexualised - thus sex sells even in your 70s.

Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

But aren’t you contradicting yourself? You think sex doesn’t always sell but don’t know when it stops selling?

I mean, Barbra and Cher’s (second to) last album featured them in sexualised ways both in silk/lace nightwear and in Cher’s case, lying in bed. Both were in their late 60s/70s and both albums were US Top 3 albums.

You can claim they’re innocent and I’d agree, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t sexualised - thus sex sells even in your 70s.

It’s no contradiction at all.
                    That’s the magic of this journey we are all on known as life and as a Madonna fan, rollercoaster ride.

When will sex stop selling? Never. It will continue selling after we die. Case in point … Marilyn Monroe or James Dean. Millions perceive a certain sex appeal that keeps them eternal.

Comment

It’s no contradiction at all.
                      That’s the magic of this journey we are all on known as life and as a Madonna fan, rollercoaster ride.

When will sex stop selling? Never. It will continue selling after we die. Case in point … Marilyn Monroe or James Dean. Millions perceive a certain sex appeal that keeps them eternal.
                      It is a contradiction and now you’re trolling.

Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

oh gosh. How am I trolling? Better yet, let’s move forward. I was trying to have a discussion and thinking out load as I’m writing. It totally dawned on me about James Dean and Marilyn Monroe.

Perhaps the answer is sex always sold and will always sell. Madonna is pushing the boundaries of not placing an age limit or expiration date on it. As many try to place her and others into a box, she’s refusing that notion.

By the way, I’ve been called many things but I take offense to being accused even in the slightest of trolling.

Back to the topic…

Comment

• So Madonna is reading a book called ‘Horse Boy’ by Rupert Isaacson, about:

... the quest of Rupert Isaacson and his wife, Kristen Neff, to find healing for their autistic son, Rowan, after discovering that Rowan's condition appears to be improved by contact with horses. The family leave their home in Texas on an arduous journey to Mongolia.
                          A documentary film was made in 2009, but doesn’t appear to have a dramatisation. Please Madonna, don’t get any ideas for new movies to direct
                          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

I think when you first quoted the other poster,you missed the word "not" on his "I do not disagree" sentence, cause he was actually agreeing with you since the very beginning

Comment

• I hope madonna brings fun dance albums. Many fans used to say she should bring mature albums. But I don't agree. I love her dance albums with some good ballads. I would love all disco album though.
                              Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• The View hosts defend Madonna’s sexy photos

https://youtu.be/NOym8DFAcsI

Comment

• Originally posted by cindycgy View Post
                                  The View hosts defend Madonna’s sexy photos

https://youtu.be/NOym8DFAcsI
                                  Oh I love when women take other women sides

Comment

• Oh god, what’s worse than Madonna taking time out of her music career to make a biopic? Madonna taking time out to make TWO movies.

Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Madonna first talked about LOVED back in 2017, in an interview with Harper’s Bazaar.

Madonna also talked in detail about her upcoming movie project, Loved, an adaptation of Andrew Sean Greer’s novel The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells.

On her coffee table, there were binders filled with research for the project—potential settings, costumes, and so on. Madonna is thorough. In fact, she co-wrote the screenplay and will be directing the film. The novel follows the title character as she moves through time and negotiates three different lives she could have lived. The story also focuses on Greta’s relationship with her gay twin brother, Felix, in those different lives.

Madonna: [“Loved”] touches on a lot of really important topics I’ve always been invested in or championed—fighting for women’s rights, gay rights, civil rights, always fighting for the underdog. I’ve always felt oppressed. I know a lot of people would go, ‘Oh, that’s ridiculous for you to say that. You’re a successful white, wealthy pop star,’ but I’ve had the shit kicked out of me for my entire career, and a large part of that is because I’m female and also because I refuse to live a conventional life. I’ve created a very unconventional family. I have lovers who are three decades younger than me. This makes people very uncomfortable. I feel like everything I do makes people feel really uncomfortable. Why does this book appeal to me? Why did I want to adapt it into a screenplay? Because it touches me on so many levels and it deals with so many important topics. Right now, more than ever, it’s an extremely timely story to tell.

Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Maybe this one is for Netflix. I still remember she had a meeting with them a few years ago.

Comment

• You called it mate.

Comment

• To be quite honest Madonna's music career has become so sparse that I don't even care if she takes 5 or 10 years off of it...
                                            I've made my peace with that
                                            Last edited by BodyShop; Tue December 7, 2021, 18:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
                                              Maybe this one is for Netflix. I still remember she had a meeting with them a few years ago.
                                              Netflix is a good destination though
                                              Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
                                                Maybe this one is for Netflix. I still remember she had a meeting with them a few years ago.
                                                That’s a good shout. I’m now wondering if I read too much into her post, because she told Jimmy a few weeks ago that her biopic was her next project... and you’d think she’d have known then if she was shooting a completely different movie before the end of the year
                                                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• David saying that Christmas is the best time of the year, them listening to Last Christmas and trimming the tree... it gives me hope for new Christmas music someday.
                                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I don't need a dance album I hope It won't happen.
                                                    and no xmas music too Desperately looking for success? No Madonna doesn't need it.
                                                    Last edited by paperinobz; Wed December 8, 2021, 17:30.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X