Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
    So what's the point. I already have all the official remixes.
    Money. This Warner re-issue project was always about monetising Madonna’s catalogue. But I’m kinda hoping she includes something unreleased, like she did on You Can Dance.
    Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
      So what's the point. I already have all the official remixes.
      I don't believe there will only be the Official Remixes. There are at least 1 or 2 songs with new remixes (if not all) or even a new song.

Also she may do a continuous play album like "You Can Dance" having a DJ to mix all songs together on the album making it totally different from the official remixes on the singles you and I have (plus shorter that would work better for streaming).

If only 1 DJ (or half a dozen DJs) are involved in the project the secrecy would be intact.

Comment

• Originally posted by browlowkid View Post

what are the remixes of Music, Nothing Really Matters and the last song played in her stories? Couldn't detect them!
        Music is the Deepdish remix and NRM is the club 69 remix.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

I don't believe there will only be the Official Remixes. There are at least 1 or 2 songs with new remixes (if not all) or even a new song.

Also she may do a continuous play album like "You Can Dance" having a DJ to mix all songs together on the album making it totally different from the official remixes on the singles you and I have (plus shorter that would work better for streaming).

If only 1 DJ (or half a dozen DJs) are involved in the project the secrecy would be intact.
          That's what I want!
          "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• A remix album of many tracks would be fantastic. I would def. Be getting it. I hope she releases it officially. a full remix album of many tracks.
            Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• I think it would be a mega mix song instead of a remix album

Comment

• Originally posted by britneyliam View Post
                I think it would be a mega mix song instead of a remix album
                I’d prefer that but I don’t see it happening. Though I do hope Warner has the sense to commission a new mega mix - it’s been twenty years since we had an official one!

Comment

• is there any info about future official releases of her back catalogue on the anniversary? please let me know if there's a pre-order or sth?
                  KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
                    is there any info about future official releases of her back catalogue on the anniversary? please let me know if there's a pre-order or sth?
                    Nothing has been rumoured, nothing has been confirmed. My best guess is if a remix album is coming soon, they’ll launch the re-issue project with Everybody’s 40th anniversary in October, and the first re-issue album will be the debut next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

Nothing has been rumoured, nothing has been confirmed. My best guess is if a remix album is coming soon, they’ll launch the re-issue project with Everybody’s 40th anniversary in October, and the first re-issue album will be the debut next year.
                      Thanks! I thought it was planned for this year
                      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post

Thanks! I thought it was planned for this year
                        ur avatar is handsome.who’s that?

Comment

• Originally posted by britneyliam View Post

ur avatar is handsome.who’s that?
                          it's me myself and i
                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Comment

• 'Masterpiece' is a masterpiece and very well deserved win for Madge!

Comment

• Masterpiece was such a wasted opportunity. Probably the first indication Madonna wasn’t playing the same game anymore - had she been with Warner it would have 100% been a single.

Releasing Masterpiece in October 2011 would have been such a smart move. The video could have had clips from WE, Madonna could have performed it during the WE promo trail and then she could have gone and won the Oscar too.

I’m still annoyed about the Oscar - she was virtually guaranteed to win that year as there were only two other songs even nominated.

Comment

• I'm really curious about the remix project, hope it'll involve different artists as well.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                                    Masterpiece was such a wasted opportunity. Probably the first indication Madonna wasn’t playing the same game anymore - had she been with Warner it would have 100% been a single.

Releasing Masterpiece in October 2011 would have been such a smart move. The video could have had clips from WE, Madonna could have performed it during the WE promo trail and then she could have gone and won the Oscar too.

I’m still annoyed about the Oscar - she was virtually guaranteed to win that year as there were only two other songs even nominated.
                                    The song charted in many countries even without official release (including UK at #68 and Japan at #77).
                                    In Russia became Madonna longest #01 ever peaking #01 for 6 weeks on official chart and 7 weeks on airplay chart.

It also helped "MDNA" to become the best selling album of 2012 in Russia, the first time a non-Russian artist got the best selling album in the country (and still the only time it ever happened).

With promo and video the song would have been a bigger hit EVERYWHERE (a shame they didn't do it, really!).

The Oscar Academy would never nominate Madonna for anything. She was nominated for songs on Golden Globes 6 times before but never for The Oscars.
                                    Last edited by MadNuno; Sun January 16, 2022, 13:53.

Comment

• Thats great but Masterpiece is a snoozefest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                        Thats great but Masterpiece is a snoozefest.
                                        It's not the best song in the world but it's a nice ballad when people and radio were craving for a Madonna new ballad.
                                        Plus the Golden Globe winning marketing and MDN Tour would have helped the song to be a TOP 40 single all over the world and even TOP 10 in some countries for sure. Some radios even picked up the song from the album despite not being promoted (instead of "Turn Up The Radio").

Comment

I love that song

Comment

I second this 100%

Comment

• I love Masterpiece. Such a wasted opportunity. But I guess that at that time she was Director, not a singer.
                                              "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

I love that song
                                                So do I. One of my favorite songs from that era. Played it non-stop till my husband got sick of it.
                                                UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• About not wanting to hear her songs after the 1987 Tour:

"I returned from my tour (Who's That Girl) feeling so burned out I was convinced I wouldn’t go near music for quite a while, but Pat Leonard, the guy I write with, who was musical director of my tour, built this new studio, so I went down to see it — and within an hour we’d written this great song. It amazed me because after the tour I said to myself, “Hey, I don’t ever want to hear any of my songs ever again and I don’t know whether I’ll ever write another one.” - Madonna Spin Magazine 1988
                                                  UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                    About not wanting to hear her songs after the 1987 Tour:

"I returned from my tour (Who's That Girl) feeling so burned out I was convinced I wouldn’t go near music for quite a while, but Pat Leonard, the guy I write with, who was musical director of my tour, built this new studio, so I went down to see it — and within an hour we’d written this great song. It amazed me because after the tour I said to myself, “Hey, I don’t ever want to hear any of my songs ever again and I don’t know whether I’ll ever write another one.” - Madonna Spin Magazine 1988
                                                    What's the great song she's talking about on this interview, Rayray?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X