Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comment


    • It looks like her Daugher Birthday was quite full... the celebration went on for a few days as it looks like from PEOPLE article


      Madonna Takes Daughter Mercy James to Magic Mountain for Her 16th Birthday

      Madonna and some of her children took a field trip to the Six Flags amusement park to celebrate Mercy's special day

      Madonna is continuing to celebrate her daughter Mercy James' sweet 16!

      The "Material Girl' singer, 63, posted a fun clip to her Instagram on Monday in honor of the occasion, showing the trip that she, Mercy, son David Banda and boyfriend Ahlamalik Williams took to Six Flags Magic Mountain amusement park in California.

      The snippet started out set to Madonna's 2008 hit "4 Minutes" while the entertainer was seen going incognito, in a blue and white knit cap, large white sunglasses and a colorfully patterned black sweatsuit.




      RELATED: Madonna Takes Daughter Mercy to Tupac Shakur Exhibit in Los Angeles for Her 16th Birthday

      Birthday girl Mercy was wearing a shirt featuring Tupac Shakur and the phrase "Wake Me" — perhaps a gift after the mother-daughter pair recently visited a Tupac exhibit at L.A. Live — and she remarked on how she was feeling about turning 16, saying she's "feeling different, she's feeling new, renewed, goofy and quirky."

      After announcing that they were there for the birthday celebration, the group tackled one of the impossibly tall rollercoasters the park is known for, with Madonna later remarking, "I can't take this anymore! I pay to be abused."

      Another amusing interlude featured Madonna briefly whimpering to the camera in between more rides, before the group was seen laughing at a photo that was taken of them while plunging into the water on the log flume.

      The clip ended with David, also 16, practicing dance moves and flips. Mercy and Williams, 28, also joined in.

      At the very end, David was seen with his arm around his mother, saying "I'll always love you" before giving her a kiss.

      The trip was the latest stop in a series of events celebrating Mercy's latest trip around the sun, which included not only their Sunday visit to the Tupac Shakur Experience, but also a surprise party earlier in the weekend.

      On Saturday, Madonna shared a video of the surprise she had for her daughter. In the clip, Mercy walked into a room and shouted, "Oh my God!" before seeing her bedroom filled with lights and balloons. She was then greeted with hugs and kisses from her younger sisters, twins Stella and Estere, 9.

      The "Like a Virgin" artist paired the video with several photos of Mercy over the years.

      "Happy Birthday Chifundo Mercy James! ! The Kindest, Most thoughtful, most Magical Girl on the Planet! !!!!!!! There is no one like you! #sweet16 " the mom of six captioned the post.


      https://people.com/parents/madonna-t...091a000159e778

      Comment


      • On this day January 25, 1989, following eight months of negotiations, Pepsi announced that they had signed Madonna to a year-long endorsement contract, for which they would pay her $5 million. In return, Madonna would appear in a series of television commercials and Pepsi would sponsor the Like A Prayer World Tour, tentatively slated for later that year.
        Pepsi was undaunted by Madonna’s image in the tabloids. “Her appeal is in her music and her acting. That’s where people’s interests are,” announced Pepsi spokesman Tod MacKenzie.

        #todayinmadonnahistory
        My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Meghan Trainor 8. Whitney 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

        Comment


        • "I pay to be abused" was such a funny moment
          Cha Cha Instructor

          Comment


          • Guys, I have a bizarre question. Do you think that some songs will enter BB Hot 100 for the first time when Madonna dies, and some get a new peak, due to the cult status they’ve gained?

            New entries:

            1. “Into the Groove”
            2. “Everybody” (possibly)

            New peaks:

            1. “Human Nature”

            Comment


            • I don't expect a huge effect when she dies tbh. Maybe 1 or 2 albums may re-enter in the lower sections of BB 200, that's all.
              Cha Cha Instructor

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post
                Guys, I have a bizarre question. Do you think that some songs will enter BB Hot 100 for the first time when Madonna dies, and some get a new peak, due to the cult status they’ve gained?

                New entries:

                1. “Into the Groove”
                2. “Everybody” (possibly)

                New peaks:

                1. “Human Nature”
                I believe they certiianly will if she continues to have this iconic status and being the most famous woman alive.
                She still have tons of paparazzis around her everytime time she goes out (except for Michael Jackson none ever had as weel from the artists that passed during the past 15 years)t
                .
                The effect will be probably bigger in other countries (not in UK where "recent" rules forbbide more than 3 songs from the same artist on charts + songs where she is featured) but I believe that it's very possible that to happen-

                Comment


                • I think if Everybody was ever going to chart, it’ll be this year (assuming there’s a physical and digital anniversary release).

                  When Madonna dies I think everyone will go to their favourite Madonna song - she has too many ‘a list’ hits for everyone to listen to the one song enough to propel one up the charts.
                  I have a bad feeling about this.

                  Comment


                  • No way!
                    Queen Madonna will live to be over 100 years old, and when she dies, most of her fans had died before
                    or in their eighties .
                    So none Of her song would enter the chart.

                    just think about the legendary Doris Day who passed away in 2019 when aged 97

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post
                      Guys, I have a bizarre question. Do you think that some songs will enter BB Hot 100 for the first time when Madonna dies, and some get a new peak, due to the cult status they’ve gained?

                      New entries:

                      1. “Into the Groove”
                      2. “Everybody” (possibly)

                      New peaks:

                      1. “Human Nature”
                      TikTok makes anything possible.
                      it’s better to see those songs going viral than something following death.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by britneyliam View Post
                        No way!
                        Queen Madonna will live to be over 100 years old, and when she dies, most of her fans had died before
                        or in their eighties .
                        So none Of her song would enter the chart.

                        just think about the legendary Doris Day who passed away in 2019 when aged 97
                        Doris wasn’t exactly Queen of Pop
                        I have a bad feeling about this.

                        Comment


                        • She is not making hits anymore and she is becoming less and less relevant to the new generations, so the sooner she dies the higher her songs will chart on the Hot 100. If she dies this year she might have10 or more songs re-entering the singles chart, but I think only Into The Groove making its debut. I don't think Human Nature would go over its number 46 peak, though.
                          If she dies when she is 100 years old, which I wish for her, it is possible the only one song or none at all enter the Hot 100 (provided it still exists in the current form).

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by britneyliam View Post
                            No way!
                            Queen Madonna will live to be over 100 years old, and when she dies, most of her fans had died before
                            or in their eighties .
                            So none Of her song would enter the chart.

                            just think about the legendary Doris Day who passed away in 2019 when aged 97
                            Are you really trying to comparing Doris Day to Madonna? She was big but a bug compared to Madonna huge success (even in US she wouldn't be TOP 10 among female artists of all time let alone outside US).

                            Doris Day was quite big but not even 10% as big as Madonna on a Global scale or even in US as she was a single selling artist only.

                            Her carreer started in 1939 but she achieved some success in 1945 only getting bigger both in US in the 50's only from 1955 until 1958 (her peak). Probably she would have bit more success on global charts if they existed before 1955 (but they do not). She was a movie star also.

                            Her peak carreer was short. She have had the biggest selling single in the world in 1956 and not another of her songs was even TOP 40 Year End in the World (so this was her only Global Hit while Madonna have 22 #01's and 47 Global Top 10's).

                            Madonna have had best selling singles of 1986, 1989, 2000 and even another 14 songs on year end TOP 5 (and over 30 in Year END TOP 10 and over 40 in year end TOP 40 - the last one was "Celebration" in 2009).

                            Doris Day was later successful in movies during the 60's as well but that was it. Her latest US Hot 100 hit was in 1962 when she was 40yo ("Lover Come Back" peaked #98 on charts) but her latest TOP 10 was in 1958 (when she was 36yo only). In 1964 she had a song at #134 in US and after that she decided not to release more music again and retire from singing at 42yo. Outside US was even earlier. She have had US TOP 100 hits during 17 years span.

                            Even in US, the country where she have had more success with her songs she didn't even have had half of Madonna success and longevity. She have had 20 TOP 10 Hits and 5 #01 songs but almost were before HOT 100 on a SALES ONLY chart from 1945 until 1958 (on Sales Charts Madonna have way more #01's and TOP 10's than in Hot 100 as well). In UK charts Doris Day have had 9 TOP 10's and 2 #01 songs but to be fair she would have a bit more if charts have started before 1952. UK was also Doris best market outside US.

                            Madonna latest Hot 100 song so far was in 2015 when she was 57yo but she still released songs after that that almost made it to the HOT 100 (like "Medellin") and that were even TOP 10 in other countries and TOP 40 in even more countries (today globalization will influence a lot Madonna in US charts once she passes as she was even more successful outside US despite being American unlike Doris Day). She have had US TOP 100 years for a 31 years span.

                            I still believe Madonna will have more Hits before she passes (even if it's a remix of an old song) and her legacy is about to get momentum with Warner promoting back catalog and Madonna biopic. If even Elton John can make it then Madonna can also make and more often for sure.

                            Even if Madonna had no more hits in US Hot 100 this would mean that if Madonna died at 97yo (same age as Doris Day died) she would have had:
                            - her latest HOT 100 hit would be 40 years before passing
                            - her latest TOP US TOP 3 would be (and sales #01) 47 years before passing.
                            - she still have had a lot more success on other Billboard charts after that

                            Doris Day have had:
                            - her latest US TOP 100 hit was 57 years before dying
                            - her most recent TOP 3 was 61 years before dying.
                            - she never had more Billboard hits even in other charts.

                            Also let's not forget Doris Day was a "singles artist". Her highest charting album peaked #26 and was her only album to be TOP 100. She only had other album to chart on TOP 200 (all the others missed the album chart). Her US album sales stand at less than 5 million despite she released 32 albums (Sountracks and studio recordings). Madonna in 2009 already had over 75 million albums sold in US and 200 million worldwide according to Billboard info from Warner (not to mention her albums peaks and weeks on charts).

                            https://books.google.gr/books?id=EX4...ecords&f=false

                            That's quite bit different from Madonna isn't it? On albums she was not even TOP 200 most successful females in US history (on both charts and sales) while Madonna is TOP 3 (in both Charts and sales).

                            And we aren't even looking at the rest of the world where Madonna have some of her best music markets and those will certainly help her gain more mommentum on social networks and global media (that influences EVERY country).

                            Even Marilyn Monroe wasn't able to have an HOT 100 Hit or a hit album despite some of her movies famous songs became almost eternal (not even after tragically dying so young in the 60's - but she never had a Hot 100 hit while alive also).
                            Last edited by MadNuno; Thu January 27, 2022, 20:14.

                            Comment


                            • Enough about death. she will live longer than you.so useless assumptions. Leave her alone.
                              Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

                              Comment


                              • I would love her stadium tour with full of hits. Big no to britney.
                                Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

                                Comment


                                • Out of curiosity I've been watching American music channels MC 80's and MC 90's (Music Choise) and I notice they play a lot of Madonna videos.
                                  I have never played these channels before but they do play a lot of Madonna.

                                  So far I've seen "Like a Virgin", "Material Girl", "Who's That Girl", "Papa Don't Preach", "Open Your Heart", "Who's That Girl", "Express Yourself" and "Into The Groove (live at WTG)" - didn't remember this have been promoted to video music channels (probably to promote You Can Dance or the WTG Tour VHS).

                                  On the MC 90's I've seen "Vogue", "I'll Remember", "Take a Bow", "You'll See", "Don't Cry For Me Argentina", "Frozen" and "Ray of Light".

                                  All these during the past 48 hours only (some of those videos even saw 2 or 3 times) and not more than 4 hours a day (zapping bettwen them at times).

                                  Quite surprised that they play at least 1 Madonna video every hour in both these channels. Also seen a lot of Alanis Morissette, Snoop Dog, Green Day and Red Hot Chili Pepper videos on the 90's channel. The only artists separators I've seen were with Jlo and Mariah Carey but havent' seen a video from any of them so far on the 90's channel.

                                  Not sure what's the criteria for choosing the songs but most songs seem to have been really huge hits (but I'm sure there's more to hit than that).

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                                    I would love her stadium tour with full of hits. Big no to britney.
                                    Agreed! She can even get together with her in LA shows or something to sing "Me Against The Music" for the first time live with Madonna but that's all.

                                    Comment


                                    • Yeah,she can say whatever she wants but a GREATEST HITS STADIUM TOUR would be a miracle, and just what she needs. She would probably sweep the S&S Tour record.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

                                        Are you really trying to comparing Doris Day to Madonna? She was big but a bug compared to Madonna huge success (even in US she wouldn't be TOP 10 among female artists of all time let alone outside US).

                                        Doris Day was quite big but not even 10% as big as Madonna on a Global scale or even in US as she was a single selling artist only.

                                        Her carreer started in 1939 but she achieved some success in 1945 only getting bigger both in US in the 50's only from 1955 until 1958 (her peak). Probably she would have bit more success on global charts if they existed before 1955 (but they do not). She was a movie star also.

                                        Her peak carreer was short. She have had the biggest selling single in the world in 1956 and not another of her songs was even TOP 40 Year End in the World (so this was her only Global Hit while Madonna have 22 #01's and 47 Global Top 10's).

                                        Madonna have had best selling singles of 1986, 1989, 2000 and even another 14 songs on year end TOP 5 (and over 30 in Year END TOP 10 and over 40 in year end TOP 40 - the last one was "Celebration" in 2009).

                                        Doris Day was later successful in movies during the 60's as well but that was it. Her latest US Hot 100 hit was in 1962 when she was 40yo ("Lover Come Back" peaked #98 on charts) but her latest TOP 10 was in 1958 (when she was 36yo only). In 1964 she had a song at #134 in US and after that she decided not to release more music again and retire from singing at 42yo. Outside US was even earlier. She have had US TOP 100 hits during 17 years span.

                                        Even in US, the country where she have had more success with her songs she didn't even have had half of Madonna success and longevity. She have had 20 TOP 10 Hits and 5 #01 songs but almost were before HOT 100 on a SALES ONLY chart from 1945 until 1958 (on Sales Charts Madonna have way more #01's and TOP 10's than in Hot 100 as well). In UK charts Doris Day have had 9 TOP 10's and 2 #01 songs but to be fair she would have a bit more if charts have started before 1952. UK was also Doris best market outside US.

                                        Madonna latest Hot 100 song so far was in 2015 when she was 57yo but she still released songs after that that almost made it to the HOT 100 (like "Medellin") and that were even TOP 10 in other countries and TOP 40 in even more countries (today globalization will influence a lot Madonna in US charts once she passes as she was even more successful outside US despite being American unlike Doris Day). She have had US TOP 100 years for a 31 years span.

                                        I still believe Madonna will have more Hits before she passes (even if it's a remix of an old song) and her legacy is about to get momentum with Warner promoting back catalog and Madonna biopic. If even Elton John can make it then Madonna can also make and more often for sure.

                                        Even if Madonna had no more hits in US Hot 100 this would mean that if Madonna died at 97yo (same age as Doris Day died) she would have had:
                                        - her latest HOT 100 hit would be 40 years before passing
                                        - her latest TOP US TOP 3 would be (and sales #01) 47 years before passing.
                                        - she still have had a lot more success on other Billboard charts after that

                                        Doris Day have had:
                                        - her latest US TOP 100 hit was 57 years before dying
                                        - her most recent TOP 3 was 61 years before dying.
                                        - she never had more Billboard hits even in other charts.

                                        Also let's not forget Doris Day was a "singles artist". Her highest charting album peaked #26 and was her only album to be TOP 100. She only had other album to chart on TOP 200 (all the others missed the album chart). Her US album sales stand at less than 5 million despite she released 32 albums (Sountracks and studio recordings). Madonna in 2009 already had over 75 million albums sold in US and 200 million worldwide according to Billboard info from Warner (not to mention her albums peaks and weeks on charts).

                                        https://books.google.gr/books?id=EX4...ecords&f=false

                                        That's quite bit different from Madonna isn't it? On albums she was not even TOP 200 most successful females in US history (on both charts and sales) while Madonna is TOP 3 (in both Charts and sales).

                                        And we aren't even looking at the rest of the world where Madonna have some of her best music markets and those will certainly help her gain more mommentum on social networks and global media (that influences EVERY country).

                                        Even Marilyn Monroe wasn't able to have an HOT 100 Hit or a hit album despite some of her movies famous songs became almost eternal (not even after tragically dying so young in the 60's - but she never had a Hot 100 hit while alive also).
                                        I’m breathless (more like speechless)

                                        Bravo!
                                        My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post
                                          Yeah,she can say whatever she wants but a GREATEST HITS STADIUM TOUR would be a miracle, and just what she needs. She would probably sweep the S&S Tour record.
                                          That's probably what both Warner and Guy are trying to push Madonna to do.
                                          Warner will sell much more catalog albums, songs and streams.
                                          Guy will gain from concerts too and a Greatest Hits Tour will also help a lot Madonna.

                                          Not sure what they pretend to do with the albums anniversary releases and that Remix Revolution project... but a Dance Hits Revolution Stadium Tour or whatever would certainly help her carreer right now.

                                          She already is for sure the female artist with biggest span for Stadium shows (1987 - 2017) but I really believe that she can increase that span.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

                                            That's probably what both Warner and Guy are trying to push Madonna to do.
                                            Warner will sell much more catalog albums, songs and streams.
                                            Guy will gain from concerts too and a Greatest Hits Tour will also help a lot Madonna.

                                            Not sure what they pretend to do with the albums anniversary releases and that Remix Revolution project... but a Dance Hits Revolution Stadium Tour or whatever would certainly help her carreer right now.

                                            She already is for sure the female artist with biggest span for Stadium shows (1987 - 2017) but I really believe that she can increase that span.
                                            Exactly
                                            Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

                                            Comment


                                            • She would be the "IT GIRL" for a reason, one last BIG time. It would be a timeless thing! Imagine those tour grosses. Literally everyone around me who don't even like Madonna would go.

                                              The problem is - how to make a perfect setlist? It needs at least 25 songs on it.

                                              But her stuff is more so heavy on dance, and the ballads are veeeery demanding. We have to be honest to ourselves, would she pull off any of those 2 categories successfully?

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by castorino View Post
                                                She is not making hits anymore and she is becoming less and less relevant to the new generations, so the sooner she dies the higher her songs will chart on the Hot 100. If she dies this year she might have10 or more songs re-entering the singles chart, but I think only Into The Groove making its debut. I don't think Human Nature would go over its number 46 peak, though.
                                                If she dies when she is 100 years old, which I wish for her, it is possible the only one song or none at all enter the Hot 100 (provided it still exists in the current form).
                                                What’s your point? That’s true of every legacy , lengadary older act, even Michael Jackson

                                                Aretha Franklin renentered the charts when she passed and she had 1/10th of the global success of Madonna’s career

                                                so please stop with negative crap

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Maddy1982 View Post

                                                  What’s your point? That’s true of every legacy , lengadary older act, even Michael Jackson

                                                  Aretha Franklin renentered the charts when she passed and she had 1/10th of the global success of Madonna’s career

                                                  so please stop with negative crap
                                                  It’s great you’ve joined and want to discuss Madonna, but please do so respectfully.

                                                  Michael Jackson died suddenly and unexpectedly, days before his big comeback at the age of 50 in the sales/download era.

                                                  As big a legend as Aretha was, her career can be wound down to probably five big songs, with Respect being a clear signature song. When she did everyone probably reached for the same song/songs.

                                                  Madonna will be different. She’s looked after herself incredibly well so should be with us for decades yet (God willing) and the older she gets, the further away we get from downloads and sales having serious chart implications.

                                                  We also have to consider the fact she hasn’t got just one signature song, so any streaming she attracts will be split amongst them - making it harder for individual songs to gain momentum.

                                                  Add in the fact her passing should be at a grand old age that isn’t considered sudden or shocking, and the reaction will be very different to someone like Elvis or MJ.

                                                  When Madonna does die I don’t think it’ll be the singles chart that’s impacted, but the album chart - The Immaculate Collection will become essential listening that week.
                                                  I have a bad feeling about this.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • I just want to bring up the one thing that’s a given if the Greatest Hits Stadium Tour ever happens - “Candy Shop” will be on the setlist!

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X