Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
    I'd love a SEX 2 when she hits 70, now that will make headlines
    Can you just imagine the headlines and Madonna living for it.
    My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
      I don't think k it sounds like Medellin at all but I do hope they perform it .
      To me it sounded 100% like "Medellin", unfortunately.
      Besides going over there to that city for Maluma's concert not to perform it would be a bizarre decision.
      Luckily we now also have "Music" so at least I'll have something to look forward to in terms of impact.

Comment

• It’s a shame Music isn’t bigger than it is on streaming because Madonna really did spend the last twenty years turning it into her new Holiday. She’s performed it everywhere and anywhere - Super Bowl, Live 8, on both AL and HC promo tours, and performed it on every tour except MDNAT (as part of the core setlist) and MXT.

Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• She should perform Hung Up instead of Music

Comment

• You know, it’s starting to look less likely that the biopic will be released in 2023, considering we have zero casting news and Madonna hasn’t started shooting it yet. It could still shoot and wrap in 2022, but we have to assume Madonna will take around a year to edit and release it.

I don’t see her working on a new album until after it’s finished. It’s possible she could announce a 2024 greatest hits tour in 2023 (alongside her debut’s 40th anniversary) but it still doesn’t free her up to record a brand new album.

I’m thinking she’ll probably skip a greatest hits tour (which is unlikely to happen, let’s face it) and spend 2024 recording a new album to tour in 2025. But 2025 is like three years from now and I’m ready for new music now Madonna.

Unless she’s planning on sneaking out a new album and a quick tour Q4 and touring Q1 2023 before shooting the movie. But I don’t see that happening either.

Comment

• Originally posted by cindycgy View Post
              She should perform Hung Up instead of Music
              You know I’m not convinced she likes Hung Up. She’s ignored it for a decade now. However I’m very surprised she isn’t performing the Frozen remix and to a lesser extent, Material Girl

Watch her talk Maluma into recording a new Frozen remix with her

Comment

• I'm so looking forward to tonight's performance.
                The stadium will be PACKED
                Medellin is my top Madonna song from the last 10 yrs and I'm so hoping she delivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

You know I’m not convinced she likes Hung Up. She’s ignored it for a decade now. However I’m very surprised she isn’t performing the Frozen remix and to a lesser extent, Material Girl

Watch her talk Maluma into recording a new Frozen remix with her
                  She actually performed it not too long ago at the Standard Hotel for Pride weekend and she also sung it during the Drake debacle. I’m sure she’d prefer to have something new to sing (something along the lines of global hit) but her time will come again! And if it doesn’t, she has a catalog of monster timeless smashes.
                  My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• Okay I’ve been swamped so I’m a little behind on this Maluma + Madonna concert. Someone update me! Will it be on Amazon Prime? What time? Live? Or what? TTTTTHHHHHAAAANNNXXXXX

Comment

• Hmm…come to think of it, she would have to pay to perform Hung Up in its ABBA incarnation while Music is all hers. Besides Music makes the people come together!! She’s tired of waiting, anticipating…she’s ready to burn the roof down!

Comment

• I wish she would embrace Into the Groove more. Its like the Music of 80s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                          I wish she would embrace Into the Groove more. Its like the Music of 80s.
                          I really enjoyed its fresh take on S&S Tour….and yes totally on same page with you. Into the Groove is the Music of the 80s. Come to wonder, whether Hung Up is the successor of both songs in the aughts.

Comment

• This is a Maluma concert in which she will be a guest so, it's not about her or her hits.
                            It's a celebratory Maluma concert, in his hometown(where he's like GOD) and after a long time.
                            Besides, she'll be singing to an extremely young audience so, given all that,I think it's a smart decision to play Music along with the obvious Medellin.
                            Not the prehistoric Into the Groove.
                            Agree that Hung Up would be a lot better but I'm sure she isn't performing it due to royalties issues like Zeph said.
                            It's a GREAT event,she's with one of the most powerful current acts who also happens to be a fan of hers and will make her feel like the Queen she is.
                            In other words, she has the stage set (literally) to deliver an epic performance and shine.
                            I'm strongly hoping she's aware of all that and doesnt mess it up.
                            I am so excited and at the same time low key worried but still faithful that she will give us,her fans ,what we know she (still) can do .
                            Last edited by BodyShop; Sat April 30, 2022, 14:47.

Comment

• Wouldn’t it be cool if M incorporated this into the Music intro or into a remix of Music she will be performing??

Hey before we all became critical monsters where we were fans and us, fans can still dream…

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                                Hmm…come to think of it, she would have to pay to perform Hung Up in its ABBA incarnation while Music is all hers. Besides Music makes the people come together!! She’s tired of waiting, anticipating…she’s ready to burn the roof down!
                                Well, not quite. I don’t believe Madonna pays ABBA for using the sample, which is why B&B are credited as songwriters (whereas other Madonna songs where she has sampled something, don’t get writing credits). So it shouldn’t be any different to performing Music, which means she has to pay Mirwais as co-writer.

Comment

• Hung Up is already her biggest hit on streaming platforms so no need to promote it even more. Music is a very good choice - well known, easy to sing and sing along to, in need of a push on streaming services.

Comment

Well, not quite. I don’t believe Madonna pays ABBA for using the sample, which is why B&B are credited as songwriters (whereas other Madonna songs where she has sampled something, don’t get writing credits). So it shouldn’t be any different to performing Music, which means she has to pay Mirwais as co-writer.
                                    On Music she gets 50% royalties but on "Hung Up" she only gets 25% royalties. It's different.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

On Music she gets 50% royalties but on "Hung Up" she only gets 25% royalties. It's different.
                                      I don’t understand your point. Are you really suggesting Madonna is opting to sing Music because she’ll make more in royalties? From a single performance?

Comment

• BTW there are also rumors of her performing Hung Up but idk

Comment

• I prefer Music over Hung Up. But in the end it's most important that the performance is good.

And the songs I would like her to perform are all too unknown.
                                          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• This is Maluma’s concert, people are going to see him not Madonna. His audience is not the same Madonna audience either. So yep, most people who will attend the concert are not Madonna stans so those expecting Madonna basically doing the entire concert herself naming a bunch of her songs like I’ve seen on other places can have a seat because ain’t happening.

Madonna is just a bonus / surprise to the concert. It’s pretty obvious they are doing a cute medley of the 3 collaborations they have: “Medellin” / “Bitch I’m Loca” / “Soltera” …. And maybe (just maybe and if we are lucky) she might do a bit of one of her old songs turned into another Maluma duet.
                                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Oh would be great if she performs Bitch I'm Loca for the first time.
                                              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

I don’t understand your point. Are you really suggesting Madonna is opting to sing Music because she’ll make more in royalties? From a single performance?
                                                I don't think it is. Just pointing out that unlike what was written before she does get more the double royalties from "Music" than "Hung Up" (and not the same as it was written before).

I believe it's much probably strategic choise to increase Music streams... but it could be just because she feels more like singing Music today or because Maluma loves that song more. Remember "Borderline" on Jimmy Fallon just because was his favorite Madonna song?

It's all expeculation anyway.

Comment

• I still don’t get why “Music” (song) has such dreadful and tragic streaming performance.
                                                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                                    X