Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
    It's been a while since she attended that gala last time. I think she won't be attending in the future.
    Last time was in 2018 when she sang wasn't it?

Probably she will... who knows...

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
      Chart data and sales data are objective but they are still Market Research paid by Record Companies to find out what is more commercial relevant and how songs and arists are doing (in dfifferent measurings) and so they are also indexed to their bases and rules depending on a lot of things. Also Charts are used as Marketing Tools to promote songs and artists by Record Labels.
      Well, anything can technically be used as a promotional tool, even Madonna's name is promotion in itself by her icon status, but charts are to measure public interests primarily so they have to do it in the most statistically reliable way to be worth the money that the record labels pay for them in order to spot the market trends, realise how to further sell their acts and where to invest in talent based on what's liked. Of course there will always be variables or bases, as you call it (specific chart rules, periods of the year, market condition etc. but discounts/pricing, airplay or payola are promotional tools so they're part of the game, each record label is free to choose their own promotion strategy, fair or not is a different discussion).

I know very well that chart trajectories are completely different than they used to be but methods of sales equivalent calculations are also changing. No chart will ever be perfect but music consumption methods have always fluctuated so if we become so strict on comparing "the comparable", no year end chart would have the right to exist, let alone decade summaries or, god forbid, all time lists. This is taking it a bit too far.

Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
      Literaly everyone that listened to music back in 2000 knows the "Music" song very well and that's how you know the song was really huge.
      That only proves that we operate by different definitions. For me a huge hit is not something that everyone simply "knows" but it's rather a commercial blockbuster. In 2011 everyone knew Rebecca Black's "Friday" (for all the wrong reasons obviously) but in spite of going viral and generating over a hundred million YouTube views its global sales were far from a monster success.

You can't compare 1 blueberry with 1 grape, 1 Apple and 1 Melon and say that those are 4 equal units - sure they are all fruits but not 4 equal fruits. They are very different and they never came up with a fair way to compare it. The difference is so big that in some countries 100 grapes are 1 Melon and in other countries 300 grapes are equivalent to 1 Melon - you know what I'm saying? That's how objective things are right now. You can't compare 2 numbers with different bases (one of maths basic rules).

1 blueberry + 1 mellon = 2 mellons? Never ... but they aren't 2 blueberries either... or 101 blueberries or 301 blueberies.
      Here's a comparison of only blueberries then: Spotify most streamed Madonna's songs from the entire catalogue in 2022. Where's Music? #16 or so?

- You don't have data to say that Music was not one of Madonna TOP 10 Biggest Selling Singles in the world - not accurated anyway - mediatraffic says it's Madonna 6th best selling single so where are we at? You have better numbers than they have (Record Labels used to have access to ALL weekly sales for every song on the charts and many still have that info in their arquives).
      I'm not saying I know best, just estimating based on the chart analysis. Mediatraffic does the same thing basically, just overrepresenting the US market share.
      That's why I'm saying we shall wait for the record label's numbers, perhaps on the 40th anniversary this year they'll release some numbers. I'm fairly confident that Music will be way lower than number 6.

The cultural impact of songs cannot be seen on the sales charts, airplay charts and streaming numbers.[/B] The cultural impact of songs is something less objetive that is felt on society and indirectly seen how the song influenced others. You have many songs from the 70's that weren't even TOP 10 Hits and that are culturaly much more relevant than songs that hit #01 during that decade. This is usually seen by how the song influenced other songs and artists on the following years.
      Do you think a song like Jlo "Play" would have ever existed without "Music" (and many other 2000's Hits that were recorded after Music)... well think again.
      Now here you're going to the absurds, haha. Like Madonna invented the phrase "DJ play that song"? Honestly?
      Backstreet Boys even had a track "Hey Mr. DJ (Keep Playin' This Song)" in the 90's...
      And the fact you constantly bring up that "cultural impact" that I really ignore as I was ONLY referring to commercial aspect, further proves that we're talking about different topics. "Don't Stop Believing" is surely an influential song and even a classic but it was not at all a hit when released in 1981.

Comment

• Oh my god guys, move on or take it to PM. Watching Music live from Medellin on repeat fifty times would be less painful than this.
        Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• I’m not sure Darren watched it

I don’t care if she’s sixty or seventy or eighty or ninety or one hundred years old. It doesn’t change the fact that Madonna delivered a bad performance and imo Madonna does care if we think that.

Comment

• That’s the issue with Madonna these days, and the reason why I think she won’t get her sh*t back together.

Every criticism she gets she inmediately takes it as a direct attack to her age. When in reality the quality of a performance has nothing to do with age. You can be 70 and still pull a gracious performance (we’ve seen it in the likes of Tina Turner and Cher).

Madonna was just criticized for her performance (even her outfit was terrible). That has nothing to do with her being 63 and she doesn’t get it.
              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• I stopped reading that print on the first line.
                Being over 60 has nothing to do with **that** thing shown last Saturday.
                And it's sad to see ppl using such a serious issue as ageism in such a distorted way.
                Then ,i decided to read it in full and I've got one last thing to say.
                If Madonna "DGAF" about what we and the world think of her, why post those unbelievably photoshopped photos in which she looks like a CGI character and not even like herself anymore?
                Tbh ,at this point,she's being more ageist against her own self than some of her worst haters.
                Last edited by BodyShop; Wed May 4, 2022, 11:25.

Comment

• Finally enough love: 50#1's 2 CD editions and 2 vinyl editions. Plus digital. Coming in august
                  "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                    Oh my god guys, move on or take it to PM. Watching Music live from Medellin on repeat fifty times would be less painful than this.
                    LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                      Finally enough love: 50#1's 2 CD editions and 2 vinyl editions. Plus digital. Coming in august
                      YES

https://www.drownedmadonna.com/2022/...NmI-1vNENz-lvU

Madonna to release Remix Collection titled ‘Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones’

Breaking news! It’s been a while since Madonna has teased what she called ‘Remix Revolution’ on Instagram, but we finally have some insight to get us excited for the upcoming months!

Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones” is, according to latest info, the title of Madonna’s new project which will include all of the Queens’ Fifty #1s Remixes on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart, starting from ‘Holiday/Lucky Star‘ from Madonna’s debut, 1983 and concluding with ‘I Don’t Search I Find‘ from her latest Madame X album (in fact, the collection title itself comes from the song lyrics).

The tentative release date of ‘Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones’ is currently on ‘August 19, 2022‘. We also have heard that it is scheduled for CD, LP, Limited Edition Red LP and of course, Digital release, without excluding the fact that there might be more to come…

Below you can find the complete list of Madonna’s 50 Dance Club Songs No. 1s on the chart which will feature on this release:
                      • 1983, “Holiday”/”Lucky Star” (five weeks at No. 1)
                      • 1984, “Like a Virgin” (three)
                      • 1985, “Material Girl”
                      • 1985, “Angel”/”Into the Groove”
                      • 1987, “Open Your Heart”
                      • 1987, “Causing a Commotion (Remix)”
                      • 1988, “You Can Dance (LP Cuts)”
                      • 1989, “Like a Prayer” (two)
                      • 1989, “Express Yourself” (three)
                      • 1990, “Keep It Together”
                      • 1990, “Vogue” (two)
                      • 1991, “Justify My Love” (two)
                      • 1992, “Erotica”
                      • 1993, “Deeper and Deeper”
                      • 1993, “Fever”
                      • 1994, “Secret” (two)
                      • 1995, “Bedtime Story”
                      • 1997, “Don’t Cry for Me Argentina”
                      • 1998, “Frozen” (two)
                      • 1998, “Ray of Light” (four)
                      • 1999, “Nothing Really Matters” (two)
                      • 1999, “Beautiful Stranger” (two)
                      • 2000, “American Pie”
                      • 2000, “Music” (five)
                      • 2001, “Don’t Tell Me”
                      • 2001, “What It Feels Like for a Girl”
                      • 2001, “Impressive Instant” (two)
                      • 2002, “Die Another Day” (two)
                      • 2003, “American Life”
                      • 2003, “Hollywood”
                      • 2003, “Me Against the Music,” Britney Spears featuring Madonna (two)
                      • 2004, “Nothing Fails”
                      • 2004, “Love Profusion”
                      • 2005, “Hung Up” (four)
                      • 2006, “Sorry” (two)
                      • 2006, “Get Together”
                      • 2006, “Jump” (two)
                      • 2008, “4 Minutes,” Madonna featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland (two)
                      • 2008, “Give It 2 Me”
                      • 2009, “Celebration”
                      • 2012, “Give Me All Your Luvin’,” Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.
                      • 2012, “Girl Gone Wild”
                      • 2012, “Turn Up the Radio”
                      • 2015, “Living for Love”
                      • 2015, “Ghosttown”
                      • 2015, “B**** I’m Madonna,” Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj
                      • 2019, “Medellín,” Madonna & Maluma
                      • 2019, “I Rise”
                      • 2019, “Crave,” Madonna & Swae Lee
                      • 2020, “I Don’t Search I Find”

Comment

• I just hope this isn't the old remixes packeged into a new CD. I hope that this are new remixes by great djs or at least featuring some new and old artists.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                          I just hope this isn't the old remixes packeged into a new CD. I hope that this are new remixes by great djs or at least featuring some new and old artists.
                          50 songs on 2 CDs suggests a remix megamix to me, or something fluid like COADF was.

Comment

• I love the cover (available on Apple Music) and the tracklists. But I think it’s just 50 remix you’ll listen one by one

Comment

• https://youtu.be/Igasxs601DM

and we have a new music video to watch now !

Comment

• Buy here: https://store.rhino.com/artist/madonna.html

https://www.rhino.com/article/madonn...ly-enough-love

Madonna Details Two Career-Spanning Collections: FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE and FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE: 50 NUMBER ONES
                                Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Madonna made history once again when she topped the Dance Club Songs chart for the 50th time, making her the first and only recording artist to have 50 #1 hits on any single Billboard chart.

To celebrate this historic milestone, Madonna curated two new collections: FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE: 50 NUMBER ONES, a new 50-track collection that includes her favorite remixes of those chart-topping dance hits that have filled clubs worldwide for four decades, and an abridged 16-track version, simply titled FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE.

These new collections will mark the first album releases to be part of the newly announced partnership between Madonna and Warner Music Group, which will feature an extensive series of catalog releases across her groundbreaking career.

50 NUMBER ONES spans her entire dance club chart reign with dozens of remixes by the world’s top producers. In addition to fan favorites, the collection also includes a selection of rare remix recordings, with more than 20 being officially released for the first time or making their commercial/digital debut. The collection will be available digitally on August 19, along with a 3-CD ($29.98) version. A limited edition, 6-LP version on red and black vinyl ($149.98) will also be available, exclusively at Madonna’s official store and Rhino.com. Pre-order now.

The 16-track version, FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE, will be available for streaming on June 24, with 1-CD ($14.98) and 180-gram 2-LP ($34.98) versions coming on August 19. Pre-order and Pre-save now.

As a first listen to these collections, the “You Can Dance Remix Edit” of “Into The Groove” is available today digitally for the first time. Listen Now.

Boasting more than 220 minutes of remixes, FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE: 50 NUMBER ONES flows in mostly chronological order, showcasing the many musical reinventions that made Madonna an international icon, from 1983’s “Holiday” to 2019’s “I Don’t Search I Find,” with remixes by some of the biggest and most influential DJs of all time including Shep Pettibone, William Orbit, Honey Dijon, and Avicii.

On several songs, Madonna is joined by other incredible artists, including Britney Spears (“Me Against The Music”); Justin Timberlake and Timbaland (“4 Minutes”); and Nicki Minaj (“Bitch I’m Madonna.”) Each remix was newly remastered for the collection by Mike Dean, who produced Madonna’s two most-recent studio albums, Rebel Heart (2015) and Madame X (2019).

Both of these new collections also highlight You Can Dance, Madonna’s first ever remix collection. Celebrating 35 years this year, You Can Dance has sold more than five million copies worldwide and is still the second best-selling remix album of all time. The collection also pays homage to “Everybody,” Madonna’s first single, celebrating its 40th Anniversary on October 6. Madonna redesigned the album’s chronology by picking three edits from You Can Dance, including “Into The Groove”, “Everybody” and “Physical Attraction,” which reflects the underground club vibes that inspired her first recordings as a Sire artist.

Along with those rarities, these albums also introduce versions that are seeing their first ever official release, including the “Alternate Single Remix” of “Keep It Together,” the “Offer Nissim Promo Mix” of “Living For Love,” and more.

In advance of the debut of FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE in June, one of the 50 chart toppers – “Causing A Commotion” – was spotlighted early as an exclusive release for this year’s Record Store Day on April 23. Three remixes of the track appeared on the limited edition, five-track, red vinyl 12” EP Who’s That Girl Super Club Mix.

Expect more surprises to be revealed later this year around the celebration of Madonna’s 40 years in music.

FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE
                                16-Track Album
                                Streaming June 24
                                1-CD, 2-LP & Digital Download Versions Out August 19

Track Listing

1. “Everybody” (You Can Dance Remix Edit) +#
                                2. “Into The Groove” (You Can Dance Remix Edit) +#
                                3. “Like A Prayer” (Remix/Edit)
                                4. “Express Yourself” (Remix/Edit)
                                5. “Vogue” (Single Version) +
                                6. “Deeper And Deeper” (David’s Radio Edit) +#
                                7. “Secret” (Junior’s Luscious Single Mix)
                                8. “Frozen” (Extended Club Mix Edit)
                                9. “Music” (Deep Dish Dot Com Radio Edit)
                                10. “Hollywood” (Calderone & Quayle Edit) +#
                                11. “Hung Up” (SDP Extended Vocal Edit)
                                12. “Give It 2 Me” (Eddie Amador Club 5 Edit) °+
                                13. “Girl Gone Wild” (Avicii’s UMF Mix)
                                14. “Living For Love” (Offer Nissim Promo Mix) *+
                                15. “Medellín” (Offer Nissim Madame X In The Sphinx Mix) – Madonna and Maluma
                                16. “I Don’t Search I Find” (Honey Dijon Radio Mix)

FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE: 50 NUMBER ONES
                                50-Track Album
                                3-CD, 6-LP, Streaming & Digital Download Versions Out August 19

Track Listing

1. “Holiday” (7” Version) +
                                2. “Like A Virgin” (7” Version)
                                3. “Material Girl” (7” Version)
                                4. “Into The Groove” (You Can Dance Remix Edit) +#
                                5. “Open Your Heart” (Video Version) +
                                6. “Physical Attraction” (You Can Dance Remix Edit) +#
                                7. “Everybody” (You Can Dance Remix Edit) +#
                                8. “Like A Prayer” (Remix/Edit)
                                9. “Express Yourself” (Remix/Edit)
                                10. “Keep It Together” (Alternate Single Remix) *+
                                11. “Vogue” (Single Version) +
                                12. “Justify My Love” (Orbit Edit)
                                13. “Erotica” (Underground Club Mix)
                                14. “Deeper And Deeper” (David’s Radio Edit) +#
                                15. “Fever” (Radio Edit) +
                                16. “Secret” (Junior’s Luscious Single Mix)
                                17. “Bedtime Story” (Junior’s Single Mix)
                                18. “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina” (Miami Mix Edit)
                                19. “Frozen” (Extended Club Mix Edit)
                                20. “Ray Of Light” (Sasha Ultra Violet Mix Edit) +#
                                21. “Nothing Really Matters” (Club 69 Radio Mix) +
                                22. “Beautiful Stranger” (Calderone Radio Mix)
                                23. “American Pie” (Richard ‘Humpty’ Vission Radio Mix)
                                24. “Music” (Deep Dish Dot Com Radio Edit)
                                25. “Don’t Tell Me” (Thunderpuss Video Remix) +#
                                26. “What It Feels Like For A Girl” (Above And Beyond Club Radio Edit)
                                27. “Impressive Instant” (Peter Rauhofer’s Universal Radio Mixshow Mix) +#
                                28. “Die Another Day” (Deepsky Radio Edit) +#
                                29. “American Life” (Felix Da Housecat’s Devin Dazzle Edit) *+
                                30. “Hollywood” (Calderone & Quayle Edit) +#
                                31. “Me Against The Music” (Peter Rauhofer Radio Mix) + – Britney Spears feat. Madonna
                                32. “Nothing Fails” (Tracy Young’s Underground Radio Edit) *+
                                33. “Love Profusion” (Ralphi Rosario House Vocal Edit) +#
                                34. “Hung Up” (SDP Extended Vocal Edit)
                                35. “Sorry” (PSB Maxi Mix Edit) +#
                                36. “Get Together” (Jacques Lu Cont Vocal Edit) +
                                37. “Jump” (Axwell Remix Edit)
                                38. “4 Minutes” (Bob Sinclar Space Funk Edit) + – feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland
                                39. “Give It 2 Me” (Eddie Amador Club 5 Edit) +#
                                40. “Celebration” (Benny Benassi Remix Edit)
                                41. “Give Me All Your Luvin’” (Party Rock Remix) – feat. LMFAO & Nicki Minaj
                                42. “Girl Gone Wild” (Avicii’s UMF Mix)
                                43. “Turn Up The Radio” (Offer Nissim Remix Edit) *+#
                                44. “Living For Love” (Offer Nissim Promo Mix) *+
                                45. “Ghosttown” (Dirty Pop Intro Remix)
                                46. “Bitch I’m Madonna” (Sander Kleinenberg Video Edit) +# – feat. Nicki Minaj
                                47. “Medellín” (Offer Nissim Madame X In The Sphinx Mix) – Madonna and Maluma
                                48. “I Rise” (Tracy Young’s Pride Intro Radio Remix)
                                49. “Crave” (Tracy Young Dangerous Remix) - feat. Swae Lee
                                50. “I Don’t Search I Find” (Honey Dijon Radio Mix)

* previously unreleased
                                +available digitally for the first time
                                # available commercially for the first time

Comment

• Deepe and Deeper and Fever (radio edit)???

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                                    Each remix was newly remastered for the collection by Mike Dean, who produced Madonna’s two most-recent studio albums, Rebel Heart (2015) and Madame X (2019).
                                    Tricky statement. Newly Remastered means old versions but with better quality?

Originally posted by thebigham View Post

Along with those rarities, these albums also introduce versions that are seeing their first ever official release, including the “Alternate Single Remix” of “Keep It Together,”
                                    Yes Madonna , put Artoo in his place.
                                    Last edited by BodyShop; Wed May 4, 2022, 15:17.

Comment

• Im so excited for Impressive Instant and Open Your Heart versions!

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                        I'm starting to think there is no remix album. Just 50 "Frozen" remixes. ;-;
                                        Well
                                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                                          Yes Madonna , put Artoo in his place.
                                          I don’t think I’ve heard it. But unless it has both nee music and new lyrics, I’m probably okay without it

Comment

• No Causing a Commotion

Comment

• So these are remastered version... Kinda disappointing...

Comment

• Im super excited. Remastered and remixes that are rare/not on streaming are exciting to me I guess. Only thing was if she was in the studio I dont know why she couldnt record a new song.

So on June 24 we will get like 3 new remixes on Spotify.

Comment

• Fantastic news! and love the covers as well

Comment

• I’m really not happy she hasn’t gone with the Thin White Duck remix of Hollywood (VMA version).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X